Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Might I suggest a safety strap on the back end so it can only drop so far! I know the latches should catch it but there’s never harm in having a backup for safety!

OP
OP
PunknPi

PunknPi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito 2.0
Might I suggest a safety strap on the back end so it can only drop so far! I know the latches should catch it but there’s never harm in having a backup for safety!
You have the right idea, in fact, I'll be adding a down-stop to prevent any ability to drop below a certain height

F.E.R

First Name
F.E.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OCEAN BLUE SAHARA JLU!!!; 2012 Honda Accord - gonzo!; 2016 Honda Odyssey; 2016 Toro TimeCutter SS 5000
Here it is. It works.. and it works well. A few notes:

-It does not tip! not even close. I imagine it would take near another 250lbs to upset the cantilever. ( jist a little haha to the naysayers)

-I need to remake the locking arms. When in the up position, it is only about 4 inches above frame... Id like higher, maybe to 8"

-I used shaft collars on the tg&p handles... this is a temp solution. I am going to end up tacking them in place

I will post better pictures this week. It's getting ready to rain and I had to put it back on. Also, even though I lifted it with ease I have yet to mount the rubber on top to stop it from sliding.

hoist.jpeg
upload_2018-6-26_21-26-34.png

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase

-It does not tip! not even close. I imagine it would take near another 250lbs to upset the cantilever. ( jist a little haha to the naysayers)

-I need to remake the locking arms. When in the up position, it is only about 4 inches above frame... Id like higher, maybe to 8"

-I used shaft collars on the tg&p handles... this is a temp solution. I am going to end up tacking them in place

I will post better pictures this week. It's getting ready to rain and I had to put it back on. Also, even though I lifted it with ease I have yet to mount the rubber on top to stop it from sliding.

hoist.jpeg
Very well done! Do you have the headliner? If so, does it touch it and leave indentions on it?

OP
OP
PunknPi

PunknPi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito 2.0
I do not have the headliner. The only portion that would come incontact with a headliner as it currently sits is the rear crossbar tube. Since I dont have the rubber bumpers yet installed the top actually leans back toward me ever so slightly when picking up because the pick up face is flat, and as we all know, the interior of the roof is not. I should have this fixed tomorrow

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very impressed with your Hardtop Lift you made. I tip my hat off to you. I want one. Any chance of that happening? And please..... Video of it in action!

OP
OP
PunknPi

PunknPi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito 2.0
I wont be trying to sell them for profit, but after I get it perfected I may make a few more for locals. I see you're in tex, I should be moving to Houston next spring and Ill have a few to bring for my new friends in the south

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I wont be trying to sell them for profit, but after I get it perfected I may make a few more for locals. I see you're in tex, I should be moving to Houston next spring and Ill have a few to bring for my new friends in the south
It would great if you shared/sold the cad plans once you perfect it

I could have my local fab shop cut the pieces out so I could weld/bolt it together!

Sponsored

Jdegid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL unlimited
Interested as well for the cad plans. Let me know Subscribed

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a daughter that goes to college there. Let me know, I'll make the trip.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

hoist.jpeg
Can you post a video of it in action?

OP
OP
PunknPi

PunknPi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito 2.0