Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
It seems that whenever I encounter a Jeep owner in a parking lot, we inevitably get into an hour-long conversation and finish by exchanging phone numbers, with the promise to stay in-touch. It’s a unique and wonderful “Jeep thing!”

Two days ago I met another forum member from here, and we hit it off great! Thank you, @AgentRice, for taking the time to speak with me; awesome Jeep!
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It seems that whenever I encounter a Jeep owner in a parking lot, we inevitably get into an hour-long conversation and finish by exchanging phone numbers, with the promise to stay in-touch. It’s a unique and wonderful “Jeep thing!”

Two days ago I met another forum member from here, and we hit it off great! Thank you, @AgentRice, for taking the time to speak with me; awesome Jeep!
I try and I try to be welcoming to new Jeep friends, but people here just aren't as open to it. I mean, I'm a nice guy who takes an interest in others rides, so it couldn't be me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Making Jeep Friends giphy

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I try and I try to be welcoming to new Jeep friends, but people here just aren't as open to it. I mean, I'm a nice guy who takes an interest in others rides, so it couldn't be me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Making Jeep Friends giphy
Funny — because New Yorkers are so famous for being friendly and welcoming! :LOL::CWL:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation

I have the same experience with Jeepers, motorcyclists, and RV folks. It‘s an easy way to make friends, and I often learn something in the process.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Funny — because New Yorkers are so famous for being friendly and welcoming! :LOL::CWL:
Yeah, it's gotten bad over the years. They used to be nice enough to spit at you for asking the time. Now, they won't even look up from their phones, unless you scream "FIRE!" and make them think their shit might catch next.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I still have Jeep friends from 20 years ago. I met my wife because of death wobble. The best man at our wedding I met online searching for muffler replacements.

I moved to Colorado from Kansas to be closer to the trails.

Jeeps can really mess up your life. :)

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Last night in my home town, pulled into a gas station next to another Jeep at the pump. Then will filling up my tank another Jeep pulled in behind me. We greeted one another, I gave them both ducks and waved bye to one another as we left the lot.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It seems that whenever I encounter a Jeep owner in a parking lot, we inevitably get into an hour-long conversation and finish by exchanging phone numbers, with the promise to stay in-touch.
I can honestly say I am happy to wait for those Jeep interactions to occur.

There's a reason for my patience: Ural Delay Factor. I knew, going in, that the rig can draw attention when parked. The reality of UDF was bigger than what even the brochure suggested. The Gear Up is a total prostate magnet at the hardware store on a Saturday morning. (It's actually said another way; I'll leave it to you to guess the precise wording. ;) )

I just don't have enough free hours to add Jeep Delay Factor to the budget. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Making Jeep Friends New fuel pum

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator

There's a reason for my patience: Ural Delay Factor. I knew, going in, that the rig can draw attention when parked. The reality of UDF was bigger than what even the brochure suggested. The Gear Up is a total prostate magnet at the hardware store on a Saturday morning. (It's actually said another way; I'll leave it to you to guess the precise wording. ;) )

Jeep Wrangler JL Making Jeep Friends New fuel pum
That is a sweet fu**ing ride!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Seems around here the only time I end up talking to someone about my Jeep is when they start off bitching at me about parking in the EV charging spaces at the grocery store to charge my 4xe while I shop. Ends up taking a while to explain that the cord is INDEED plugged into an actual socket as opposed to just laying on the hood "for show" so I can park close to the building and that Jeep does INDEED make a plug in vehicle. After that they want to get all friendly and chatty but I'm usually too pissed off to engage in further discussion.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)

New fuel pump.jpg
Ah, the Ural👍. Painfully slow, incredibly crude (in years go by) and totally weird. I love them😊

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
People need to remember there's whole state above the cesspool known as NYC.

I'm proud to be from Northern NY - an area that has down to earth people that are nice as can be. Unfortunately, the money and population of the flat-land area dictate the laws in the state

Deleted member 35398

I'm proud to be from Northern NY - an area that has down to earth people that are nice as can be. Unfortunately, the money and population of the flat-land area dictate the laws in the state
Funny. I think it's just a "big city" thing. My job takes me to Paris, France frequently and the French feel the same about those who live in Paris..............I tend to agree. Those NOT from the city are much friendlier and relaxed. Although, I will say that every time I've visited NY City, the people were "blunt" but not mean. I suppose if someone had "thin Skin" then they may think they were rude.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

True.

Sometimes I forget that only 19 million of the 20 million New Yorkers live in New York City.

It‘s somewhat similar in Oregon. The Willamette Valley (Eugene to Portland) define the state’s well earned reputation for lunacy, but there are lots of normal folks in the rest of the state (and a few in the valley too). ;)

Deleted member 35398

True.

Sometimes I forget that only 19 million of the 20 million New Yorkers live in New York City.

It‘s somewhat similar in Oregon. The Willamette Valley (Eugene to Portland) define the state’s well earned reputation for lunacy, but there are lots of normal folks in the rest of the state (and a few in the valley too). ;)
I love the Sisters area (although Bend seemed very californicated). Folks seemed very normal there to me. Washington is the same way; once you get way from Seattle to the East, things seem very normal America.
Sponsored