Sponsored

Making a list of CUSTOMER STATES 4xe issues for the dealer - do you have a list?

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
My 4xe arrived in June and it's been on a few road trips, I'm just under 10k. I'm making a list for the dealer for a few reasons, most importantly I want to have a record of the issue in case (way down the road) my warranty expires and the failed part isn't covered. I haven't made my appointment yet but I was wondering if any of you have a list going so I can check my vehicle for that issue before bringing it in. Below is my list. It is written very short so if I need to further explain a point, please let me know. I wrote it like this because I want to make sure each complaint is captured how I said it.

CUSTOMER STATES open recall on the odometer
CUSTOMER STATES open campaign (Y46)
CUSTOMER STATES passenger seat stitching coming undone
CUSTOMER STATES the brake light will illuminate intermittently for no apparent cause and may stay on for 24-36 hours.
CUSTOMER STATES vehicle will not charge on the schedule, it will immediately, started happening in November.
CUSTOMER STATES in the upper rear internal corners of the Jeep water seepage occurs
CUSTOMER STATES check for stored codes.
CUSTOMER STATES extremely rough shifting of gears while in 4L
CUSTOMER STATES difficulting fueling. Pump automatically will shut off multiple times when refueling the gas tank. Problem has occurred with multiple people.
CUSTOMER STATES the auto settings for the heated seat and steering wheel only works intermittently.
CUSTOMER STATES check engine light illuminated and then went away.
CUSTOMER STATES sway bar maintenance light illuminated and then went away.
CUSTOMER STATES while on road trip the navigation screen that shows local speed limit would change to 30 mph every two seconds despite the speed limit 70 mph
CUSTOMER STATES would like touch up paint, did not come with vehicle
CUSTOMER STATES in very cold weather the electric range was about half.
Sponsored

4xe Rubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
@HeidiHoForTheHills
For the automatic heated steering wheel and driver's seat to work,
The "on all the time" setting has to be checked in the Uconnect, the vehicle must be running/ready and the Uconnect must be showing the outside temperature is <40F.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
CUSTOMER STATES - The 4xe drives and handles much better than his previous '18 JL-R
CUSTOMER STATES - The battery range has been better than advertised
CUSTOMER STATES - The transition between electric and ICE has been very smooth
CUSTOMER STATES - The sky one touch top is quieter than expected
CUSTOMER STATES - The 2.0T moves the weight of the 4xe very easily
CUSTOMER STATES - So far, so good....

Last edited:
OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
@HeidiHoForTheHills
For the automatic heated steering wheel and driver's seat to work,
The "on all the time" setting has to be checked in the Uconnect, the vehicle must be running/ready and the Uconnect must be showing the outside temperature is <40F.
Thank you! It didn't note that in the owner's manual about the temperature...good to know!

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
CUSTOMER STATES difficulting fueling. Pump automatically will shut off multiple times when refueling the gas tank. Problem has occurred with multiple people
Have pressed the fuel release button a second time?

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Intermittently, as in depending on if it's below or over
Jeep Wrangler JL Making a list of CUSTOMER STATES 4xe issues for the dealer - do you have a list? Screenshot_20220109-183122_OneDrive
Thanks. There is a setting that I have elected whereupon every start my steering wheel and seat should heat. Sometimes I use my app to start the Jeep, sometimes my FOB, but my understanding once I have elected that feature in my settings it should always engage the steering wheel and seats despite the ambient temperature.

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Have pressed the fuel release button a second time?
No. The door opens, it's when actually pumping the gas. The gas pump shuts off as if the tank is full when it is not. It has happened to me almost every time when fueling and with everyone...including in Oregon where you are not allowed to pump the gas yourself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
It’s supposed to come with touch up paint?
IDK but I will ask for it. Will buy it if needed. Some of my prior purchases included it and with such a hefty price tag, they really should include it! No harm in asking is my philosophy.

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'll try and be gentle with this, but some of the information regarding a couple of the items on your list can indeed, despite your claim to the contrary, be found in the Owner's Manual as has been shown.
Perhaps a little light reading....
Sponsored