Sponsored

Making a list of CUSTOMER STATES 4xe issues for the dealer - do you have a list?

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I'll try and be gentle with this, but some of the information regarding a couple of the items on your list can indeed, despite your claim to the contrary, be found in the Owner's Manual as has been shown.
Perhaps a little light reading....
Please feel free to be specific. I have gone through the manuals on a few occasions and it's easy to overlook things as it's a lot of material and split up all over the place. New Jeep owner so it's bound to happen...but if you know of something that would resolve an issue, let me know. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

randyone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Saharah
Did the gas pump click off prematurely at multiple gas stations or at just one station in particular? I live in Nj and we can’t pump out own gas either. Some gas stations that I go to this happens and at other gas stations it doesn’t happen. If it happens the gas attendant just flips the gas pump nozzle upside down and it solves the problem.

Screenshot_20220109-200602_OneDrive.jpg

Gotta try pressing the button a second time to make sure it's fully vented.

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
My wife, who may be the least-interested in reading such material, did find the steering wheel/seat heater info in her book.

Edit: Wife just now copped to a Google search. That's it. Only 25% charge for her...

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Have you owned another Jeep with a high ratio low range transfer case? The torque multiplication makes the shifts more apparent.

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Did the gas pump click off prematurely at multiple gas stations or at just one station in particular? I live in Nj and we can’t pump out own gas either. Some gas stations that I go to this happens and at other gas stations it doesn’t happen. If it happens the gas attendant just flips the gas pump nozzle upside down and it solves the problem.
It's been at multiple gas stations, in multiple states, pumped by different people. Seems like someone provided the solution for me to try - may try your suggestion too. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Have you owned another Jeep with a high ratio low range transfer case? The torque multiplication makes the shifts more apparent.
No, owned other 4x4 but this is my first Jeep. Wanted to have that one be part of a record as Jeep should focus on improving that but also to check mine to see if it is outside the operation as designed.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
No, owned other 4x4 but this is my first Jeep. Wanted to have that one be part of a record as Jeep should focus on improving that but also to check mine to see if it is outside the operation as designed.
Put it in 4low, put the transmission in manual mode, control your idle crawl speed/ gear ratio with the manual gear selection. Then shifts will only occur when you command/expect them. If you are going fast enough for it to be doing a ton of shifting, you probably don't need to be in low (for an auto) anyway.

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Put it in 4low, put the transmission in manual mode, control your idle crawl speed/ gear ratio with the manual gear selection. Then shifts will only occur when you command/expect them. If you are going fast enough for it to be doing a ton of shifting, you probably don't need to be in low (for an auto) anyway.
This is bloody brilliant, I should have thought of that! Thank you!!!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I'm just discovering the loss of range this week. Bummer! I usually fully charge to 27 miles, but this week we are getting the coldest weather in 3 years and I'm only getting 22-23 miles out of a full charge. It also seemed today that the Jeep mostly ran the gas engine instead of the battery in Hybrid mode. This is complete opposite of normal. Very surprised by this. It's probably listed in the owners manual in fine print!

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I'm just discovering the loss of range this week. Bummer! I usually fully charge to 27 miles, but this week we are getting the coldest weather in 3 years and I'm only getting 22-23 miles out of a full charge
You know it's only rated at 21, so even with the reduction, you're doing well.

Really cold weather will reduce your range and run the engine more.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Mine was rated at 24 when I bought it. That's what the marketing info said....I thought. It always shows 27 when fully charged so I came v to expect that! I still love it at the reduced capacity!!!

OP
OP
HeidiHoForTheHills

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Hello all,

An update on my 4xe. One day I went to the vehicle and the battery was dead - full-on dead. No lights and no apparent cause. Jumped the battery but the vehicle was in limp mode. I had it towed to the dealer. I had been putting off going until I absolutely needed to. Since my 4xe was one of the firsts, there were a number of outstanding issues.

Work performed included Y46 recall, TSB 08-034-21 (which addressed about 10 of my customer states concerns), warranty seat repair (new seat on order), RRT 21-122, RRT 21-123, RRT 21-124, RRT 21-126, RRT 21-127, RRT 21-170, torquing front lower ball joints, and RRT 21-137.

The vehicle is driving much better currently and I will continue to monitor the situation as I had nearly 30 stored codes! When you review the codes - you can see why I was having some of the complaints.

Note: My complaints were indeed valid and not due to the lack of reading, as suggested by a user who commented.

Jeep Wrangler JL Making a list of CUSTOMER STATES 4xe issues for the dealer - do you have a list? Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 4.24.05 PM
Sponsored