Sponsored

Makes NO Sense to Buy Anything other than a Rubicon

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Maybe to some a toy. But to others a tool like a hammer to a carpenter lets face it we could alll drive ( I just can’t say it , jeep gods are listening, I am still in D). But ah why? Everyone here has a reason they drive a jeep. And not. Well you know
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Ok, for me I wouldn’t quite call it a toy...more like an enabler vehicle that allows me to enjoy the outdoors and exerpience things and do stuff that I otherwise couldn’t. Will I need what the Rubicon offers 100% of the time, no but I typically buy fully loaded vehicles for various reasons. Also, as I explore and get more comfortable going off road I may find out one day that I’ll need what the rubicon offers like locking axles and swaybar disconnect. Those two options alone you can’t get on any other trim.

It’s like on some vehicles if you wanted a certain feature you may had to buy a select trim that came with other options you really didn’t need or want, but could come in handy.

I’m also not one to get bent out of shape for those who buy Rubicon’s and never take them off road. To each their own. Like I said before I see people who drive Porsche’s and never take them to the track.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
The whole thing is it is better to have it and not need it than noth have it and need it. The differnce could be a very long walk! don't ask me how I know.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
Just my opinion. I live in S Florida. I'd like to get out of here more often to east coast hills and mountains but I don't. A Sport can make a lot of sense because the lower price can be budgeted for good aftermarket stuff and personalize it and I can hang with a Rubi anywhere down here. I would consider a Sahara because of some of its features that you can't get in a sport and the full time feature would be great and used a lot in winter weather up North. I lived in So Cal for a while... I'd buy a Rubicon any day of the week and twice on Sunday if I was out west again.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Maybe to some a toy. But to others a tool like a hammer to a carpenter lets face it we could alll drive ( I just can’t say it , jeep gods are listening, I am still in D). But ah why? Everyone here has a reason they drive a jeep. And not. Well you know
Subaru. SAY IT !!! Subaru. SUBAROOOOOOOO!!!:devil:

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Just my opinion. I live in S Florida. I'd like to get out of here more often to east coast hills and mountains but I don't. A Sport can make a lot of sense because the lower price can be budgeted for good aftermarket stuff and personalize it and I can hang with a Rubi anywhere down here. I would consider a Sahara because of some of its features that you can't get in a sport and the full time feature would be great and used a lot in winter weather up North. I lived in So Cal for a while... I'd buy a Rubicon any day of the week and twice on Sunday if I was out west again.
Would that be the same Rubicon twice on Sunday, or would that be 2 different Rubicons, like a his/hers situation? Because buying the same unit twice would be like a 100% markup. Unless you could get it for 5% under invoice, then you'd be getting 10% under on one of them, but paying MSRP on the other. Then you could sell that one back at MSRP and clear the 10%. No, wait, that wouldn't work. Dealerships aren't open on Sundays here, so I can't even do that. Maybe if I were buying 2 Rubicons, they would do, like, a "By Appointment Only" situation, but I can't even afford 1 Rubicon yet, so it's really kinda moot...

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
turn in your Jeep Card the word is Pr____s
Subaru are actully kinda cool not a jepp but kinda cool

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Rubicon so when my wife gets tired of it, it will be mine!
Bahahahaha!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
you may have to wait a long time:cwl:

Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I have a TJ beater. I’m good plus my F250 is more comfortable

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I’ve had two Subaru’s when I was a responsible parent. Now that I’ve finally got the kids out the house , I gave them each one of the Subaru’s with their candy bar chocolate covered stained seats and by golly I’m getting a Rubicon... Time to be Wild n Reckless again. Whoo hooo!

Strifehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I’ve had two Subaru’s when I was a responsible parent. Now that I’ve finally got the kids out the house , I gave them each one of the Subaru’s with their candy bar chocolate covered stained seats and by golly I’m getting a Rubicon... Time to be Wild n Reckless again. Whoo hooo!
Thank you. Maybe the best thing I’ve read all day.

kingdog23

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Sahara Turbo, 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
LED Lighting
For my use I am planning on getting the Sahara. Driving to the mountains to ski, dirt roads to back country camping, and most importantly tops off or open in the summer in the city. For that purpose and by reading this excellent forum I think selec-trac and the Sahara is the best option. It is my understanding the Rubicon wouldn’t handle it the same. But isn’t that why they make em all.

Other SUV's may be more practical for my use but they are not Wranglers! They all look the same.

The two decisions I am really struggling with are if the new power slide soft top is the right choice for cold and wet winters here in BC and if I should trust the new 2.0L or stick with the proven 3.6L.
I'm ordering a Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo, SelecTrac, Premium Soft Top in CT; you'll be fine in BC with the power top.
Sponsored