First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
digging into an old thread and this is a general question but does anyone think this has to do with tire PSI? maybe if your PSI is low like in the video the vehicle limits aggressive input as to limit loss of control??? I had this problem slightly a few times but thinking about it, i had my tires deflated.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
digging into an old thread and this is a general question but does anyone think this has to do with tire PSI? maybe if your PSI is low like in the video the vehicle limits aggressive input as to limit loss of control??? I had this problem slightly a few times but thinking about it, i had my tires deflated.
No, not related. Issue was resolved long ago by Jeep. Jeep actually took the original poster Jeep back to help resolve the issue and gave them a new Jeep.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
This thread is huge, and while I read through some of it, I admit that I didn't go through all the pages. My jeep has started to display the steering 'lockup' when turning left on cold mornings. I've scheduled to go to the shop. While most of the posts talking about the TSB flash are from 2019.
What is the current fix: the TSB flash, the gearbox TSB, or some sort of combination of the 2? I have a 2018 manual jlur.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Have you had the steering gear replaced with the new black cast iron gear? We had the TSB done on our Wrangler and it's really worth while. If your steering gear is not black it's the original one.

If you have had it replaced, I would look at the level of the power steering fluid. Then I'd bleed it. (To get any air out.) Then I would question the dealer and ask them if they really did reflash the software controlling the steering gear. And if necessary, I would talk to @JeepCares

In the old days I adjusted Pitman boxes (steering gear) easily. I haven't adjusted the steering gear in my Wrangler. Now it's part of a hydraulic system and it's controlled by a computer....what happened to K.I.S.S. ? (keep it simple stupid.)

Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Soooooo..... I had this issue happen to me yesterday. I have a 2021 Rubicon, while driving (not sure how fast) the steering locked up while going straight. I am in Florida, so no cold weather here. The thread is super long and don't know if Jeep found a solution? Did @Kevin8086 ever solved the problem?
Any advice will be super grateful, since I have an appointment with the dealership on Saturday. Not really trying to get charged and screwed over by the dealership.

Thank you guys

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Soooooo..... I had this issue happen to me yesterday. I have a 2021 Rubicon, while driving (not sure how fast) the steering locked up while going straight. I am in Florida, so no cold weather here. The thread is super long and don't know if Jeep found a solution? Did @Kevin8086 ever solved the problem?
Any advice will be super grateful, since I have an appointment with the dealership on Saturday. Not really trying to get charged and screwed over by the dealership.

Thank you guys
Kevin and Brittney have an Instagram and You tube account called Lite Brite. They are also owner of E3 off-road. Jeep actually took their Jeep back and gave them a new one. There is a fix for this but I am extremely surprised it happened in 2021. If you follow them on IG you can DM them and they typically respond. Also, this is a warranty issue so the dealer isn’t going to charge you.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Kevin and Brittney have an Instagram and You tube account called Lite Brite. They are also owner of E3 off-road. Jeep actually took their Jeep back and gave them a new one. There is a fix for this but I am extremely surprised it happened in 2021. If you follow them on IG you can DM them and they typically respond. Also, this is a warranty issue so the dealer isn’t going to charge you.
That nice that they were able to get a replacement Jeep.
I am very surprised as well since I can see that all of these post are pretty old now and no one has brought it back up.

And what is the warranty fix that is done by dealership?

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
The steering locking up has always been an improperly adjusted or built steering box, and the fix is simply installing a new steering box under warranty.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
That nice that they were able to get a replacement Jeep.
I am very surprised as well since I can see that all of these post are pretty old now and no one has brought it back up.

And what is the warranty fix that is done by dealership?
Only because they have a lot of exposure with their YouTube channel. They beat the sh!t out of their vehicles. Surprised Jeep went that far

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Only because they have a lot of exposure with their YouTube channel. They beat the sh!t out of their vehicles. Surprised Jeep went that far
One of the reason Jeep replaces theirs is it was the first reported and hadn’t been modified yet. Now their Jeep is heavily modified

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I'm glad I found this thread because I have had this same issue a few times lately. Seeing what I can have done about it now since my jeep is out of warranty due to age. Mileage is still really low.

HunnerWoof

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I'm glad I found this thread because I have had this same issue a few times lately. Seeing what I can have done about it now since my jeep is out of warranty due to age. Mileage is still really low.
You should push on them, as it may be considered recall work and not warranty work. My issue was corrected as part of a service bulletin.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
You should push on them, as it may be considered recall work and not warranty work. My issue was corrected as part of a service bulletin.
I just messaged Jeep Cares and asked about that. In the past, when there has been a service bulletin on something, it was fixed even if the car was out of warranty.

mosa8084

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR

Thank you guys
@JARHEAD-JL were you able to get this issue resolved? I recently started having the same issue with my 2021 JLUXR. Dealer said they were not able to replicate the issue but it keeps happening
Sponsored