Sponsored

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
As expected, after 2 days they could not trace the problem and they claimed they contacted Jeep with and there are not known issues. I've sent a note to FCA Jeep and will be updating my NHTSA case. I've owned several cars and the service from Jeep is the worst!

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
As expected, after 2 days they could not trace the problem and they claimed they contacted Jeep with and there are not known issues. I've sent a note to FCA Jeep and will be updating my NHTSA case. I've owned several cars and the service from Jeep is the worst!
Wow! They claim there are no known issues! Even after they bought back the OP’s Jeep! And all these people on this forum experiencing it! I’m dropping mine off tomorrow and I have been in contact with a case rep at NHTSA about this. I am updating him when I get my Jeep back after they look at it. By the way, my lock ups are getting worse, the duration of the lock ups are lasting up to 3 seconds!

OFFREDDY

First Name
Akhil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hello guys,

My jeep stopped unexpectedly this past week and just got update from the dealer that my power steering was shorted and a new gearbox has been ordered. Can anyone provide more insight on this? I am very new to this community and unfamiliar with such.

Prior to this, i recived the message vehicle will shut down, stop safely. And my battery depleted to 0 and my jeep would shake upon trying to turn it back on. And i got it towed to the dealer.

nothajan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Having the same issue on my Sahara. Mine occurs when steering to the left...not on sharp turns but curves in the road. Steering wheel locks up up and then all of a sudden pops free causing me to swerve to the left. Even if I am on a straight road I can turn my wheels just slightly left and feel the steering wheel getting hung up.

Still under 2k on the odometer. Has happened regardless of whether the Jeep was hot or cold.

Taking it into the dealer to get looked at on Saturday.

Sponsored

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Just out of curiosity, are they driving it long enough? Mine NEVER did it when the engine was cold.

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Just out of curiosity, are they driving it long enough? Mine NEVER did it when the engine was cold.
Thanks to uConnect I monitored my Jeep every hour and it never left the lot. In fact I now know how to replicate it, for me the outside temps has to be above 85 degrees and I need to drive for about an hour. Basically my commute home on a hot day will get it to trigger. I've spent the last hour sending emails to Jeep Cares here, Jeep Corp, NHTSA, and the service manager at the dealership. I can assure you this will end up with a recall.

nothajan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Central Florida so it is definitely above 85 here.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Mine drives just fine, but with so many having issues I am getting concerned. I wonder if I should even wait till it happens to me. For sure if it happens I’m dropping this thing at the dealer and refuse to take until I get some kind of guarantee and convinced that the issue is fixed. I’m not concerned at all with the loose steering some people have; but the steering locking up is a completely different story.

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Thanks to uConnect I monitored my Jeep every hour and it never left the lot. In fact I now know how to replicate it, for me the outside temps has to be above 85 degrees and I need to drive for about an hour. Basically my commute home on a hot day will get it to trigger. I've spent the last hour sending emails to Jeep Cares here, Jeep Corp, NHTSA, and the service manager at the dealership. I can assure you this will end up with a recall.
Yeah, mine has been in the dealership for over a week now. Said yesterday that it was possibly some electrical connection that was loose. Called today for an ETA and never heard back from anyone. Will be following up tomorrow, again.

Sponsored

nothajan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here Torero. I am not taking my Jeep back and giving them their loaner until my issue is fixed. Too much of a safety concern. I don’t care about loose steering...it’s a Jeep after all. But almost running off the road with my daughter in the car because the wheel won’t turn is unacceptable.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yeah, mine has been in the dealership for over a week now. Said yesterday that it was possibly some electrical connection that was loose. Called today for an ETA and never heard back from anyone. Will be following up tomorrow, again.
At least the service tech was able to reproduce your problem. Hopefully it has been sent up the chain of command for such a serious problem. Wonder if anyone from FCA has contacted your service tech.

I still don’t understand how this could be an electrical problem. Why would any electrical system be designed with a potential to lock the steering wheel? Does the JL have an electric steering column lock mechanism?

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Having the same issue on my Sahara. Mine occurs when steering to the left...not on sharp turns but curves in the road. Steering wheel locks up up and then all of a sudden pops free causing me to swerve to the left. Even if I am on a straight road I can turn my wheels just slightly left and feel the steering wheel getting hung up.

Still under 2k on the odometer. Has happened regardless of whether the Jeep was hot or cold.

Taking it into the dealer to get looked at on Saturday.
I’d first file with NHSTA. Bring that with you. Probably still getting same prognosis. “Unable to duplicate”. Probably first words taught at FCA Dealer Service Academy. Like at Insurance Adjuster Academy. “Not related”.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Please file a claim with NHTSA! They will take this seriously, they wil
I’d first file with NHSTA. Bring that with you. Probably still getting same prognosis. “Unable to duplicate”. Probably first words taught at FCA Dealer Service Academy. Like at Insurance Adjuster Academy. “Not related”.
Yes! Please file with NHTSA! They are taking this seriously. I have been in contact with a case manager and I'm due to report back to him once I get my Jeep back. FYI, just dropped off my Jeep at the dealer over an hour ago. I will be tracking it via Uconnect App. I will update later.
Sponsored