First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
This is putting a sour taste in my mouth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Someone enlighten me. Obviously, JeepCares is monitoring this forum. They have been reaching out to some of us, so wouldn't that mean FCA is aware?
Yea, I'm sure Jeep is aware and yea JeepCares is monitoring the forum, but Jeep is not going to encourage people to file NHTSA complaints that would then force them to act because that could literally mean $50-$100 million dollar loss for them ($5,000 repair on 10k to 20k jeeps for instance). I am afraid that people think that JeepCares is working on their behalf, but they can only do so much as they work for Jeep who will be very careful about cutting into profits. So again PLEASE, file an NHTSA complaint if you're experiencing this safety issue! Here's the link https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Edited to add quote I forgot to the first time!

Last edited:

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just heard from dealer. Dropped off yesterday afternoon, close to closing time. Before I left they had already pulled it out into the parking lot and parked it for the evening. Don't have a clue what time they started doing their diagnostic tests, but just got a call at 11:57 a.m. and said they can't duplicate the problem, of course. Then asked if there was some type of data recorder they could put on there and he said no, never heard of that. I only asked about that because I believe I read on this thread there was such a device. They probably spent all of five minutes trying to figure it out. I gave them additional things to look at, Sirius cutting in and out, the controls on the back of the steering column don't control the radio like they're supposed to, door creaking, and headliners falling off. So somebody please tell me how they looked at all of those issues and fixed them this morning.
It was "Jeep Informant" who commented on the OP's original post on YouTube who described the data logger. I let him know that your dealer said they never heard of the data recorder and this was Jeep Informant's response: "are you kidding me. It’s the scan tool they use to check codes with called the witech 2 micro pod. Anyone that has worked as a tech for FCA should know this information. It’s in all of there training. Good grief. No wonder no one likes going to the dealer"

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Any chance the dealership not knowing about the recorder is the same blaming nafta for 2.0 not being delivered? Lol

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
It was "Jeep Informant" who commented on the OP's original post on YouTube who described the data logger. I let him know that your dealer said they never heard of the data recorder and this was Jeep Informant's response: "are you kidding me. It’s the scan tool they use to check codes with called the witech 2 micro pod. Anyone that has worked as a tech for FCA should know this information. It’s in all of there training. Good grief. No wonder no one likes going to the dealer"
Are you sure about that? This is what I read on another forum :
"Also had a call from FCA wanting me to have a data logger installed at a dealership of my choice for a maximum of 24 months. Sign a waiver that I won't sell the Jeep before the logger is removed and also a confidentiality agreement."

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
The FCA wiTECH 2.0 Micro Pod setup in Flight Recorder mode.

YouTube vid HERE

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
"Also had a call from FCA wanting me to have a data logger installed at a dealership of my choice for a maximum of 24 months. Sign a waiver that I won't sell the Jeep before the logger is removed and also a confidentiality agreement."
Sure, as soon as they sign me up with a complimentary lifetime maxcare policy

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about the legal terms of Jeep using the data recorder technology to troubleshoot are, I was just passing on the name of the device along with the commentary from Jeep Informant for Ybohannon's info. Seems his dealer claimed they had never heard of such a device.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Is this maybe part of the ESP? Today while driving into work, I saw something last minute in the road, I tried to swerve, the wheel moved slightly and it was like I hit a steering stop. I just barely missed the object in the road (looked like a small sledge hammer). I tried moving the wheel afterwards and it seemed fine. I noticed the other day when it was really, really windy, it seemed like the steering was trying to resist the wind changing input from blowing the Jeep.

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Not sure the "tech" or whatever you want to call him knows any more than I do about Jeeps. I think he's fairly new, at least to that dealership. When I brought in Jeep yesterday, I had several things they needed to look into. He asked if I wanted to shorten the list because they charge $125 for each diagnostic test they run. I'm like, Are you kidding me? He's like, No, ma'am. I asked him if he realized it was a brand new Jeep. Then he kind of thought about it and was like, Oh, disregard what I just said.

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
So service manager called me back this afternoon and wanted me to drive with him when I picked it up. Began going over the problem with steering again and he said, That's helpful to know. I'm like, WTF? I thought I made myself clear when I dropped off. The tech that checked me in, that didn't know anything about data recording, is the one who took down complaints, so kind of makes sense.

Anyways, bottom line is they couldn't find anything wrong, not surprised, but they did agree to keep it another day to escalate up another level.

miker7

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
It's simple: Jeep dealerships have no integrity or professionalism, and only care to sell the heaps, not stand behind them. It makes you really uneasy to support them with an expensive purchase, knowing the lack of ethics, even for the car industry.

If my local FCA dealership caught fire I'd probably cheer it on.
Not only some dealerships lack integrity, but just look at VW and the whole diesel emissions defeat device...

I drove tested the JL Rubicon on city roads and the steering´s feeling was superb... ironically
I will put my order on hold indefinitely, I´m not sure If I could make a purchase now even If there is evidence that the steering issue is fixed..

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
... I had several things they needed to look into. He asked if I wanted to shorten the list because they charge $125 for each diagnostic test they run. I'm like, Are you kidding me? He's like, No, ma'am. I asked him if he realized it was a brand new Jeep. Then he kind of thought about it and was like, Oh, disregard what I just said.
I hope I never have to step into a dealer for service. I’m doing my own oil changes. There are some better than others, but the average is terrible. Fact is they make a ton of money from warranty work. If I hear a comment like you got, I am taking my warranty business to another dealer. They like to make you believe that the warranty is on them.
Sponsored