stino

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I ended up getting it back a week or so after this post., replaced both heads. They forgot to clamp one of the main radiator hoses and it blew off on the freeway in the rain at 2am a couple days later. That was fun. Also, I'm going to lose my god damn mind if another dealership puts 6qts of oil in my JL, this is the 4th time at 3 different dealers.
Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I ended up getting it back a week or so after this post., replaced both heads. They forgot to clamp one of the main radiator hoses and it blew off on the freeway in the rain at 2am a couple days later. That was fun. Also, I'm going to lose my god damn mind if another dealership puts 6qts of oil in my JL, this is the 4th time at 3 different dealers.
Curious, why do you keep taking back to the dealers for the oil change? They are so simple to do on these at home and it doesn’t hurt your warranty. I only go to the dealer for warranty work. I have a trusted local mechanic for bigger non warranty jobs when needed.

OP
OP
stino

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Curious, why do you keep taking back to the dealers for the oil change? They are so simple to do on these at home and it doesn’t hurt your warranty. I only go to the dealer for warranty work. I have a trusted local mechanic for bigger non warranty jobs when needed.
Early on I used the 3 free oil changes we got with Jeep Wave and this time they drained the oil when they did the warranty work. I usually do all the work on my Jeep myself.

At like 10k mi this stupid weak plastic clip in the front seat rail on the 2 door broke and the seat was stuck in the forward position. Had to find a way yo drive it off the trail. Took it to the dealer for warranty work… they ripped up my seats “fixing” it - big gaps and broken clips and stuff.

I absolutely HATE Jeep dealers in Socal, Ive tried like 5 different ones. Its the worst part about owning a Jeep.

LostinBigBear

First Name
Sunshine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JL
Early on I used the 3 free oil changes we got with Jeep Wave and this time they drained the oil when they did the warranty work. I usually do all the work on my Jeep myself.

At like 10k mi this stupid weak plastic clip in the front seat rail on the 2 door broke and the seat was stuck in the forward position. Had to find a way yo drive it off the trail. Took it to the dealer for warranty work… they ripped up my seats “fixing” it - big gaps and broken clips and stuff.

I absolutely HATE Jeep dealers in Socal, Ive tried like 5 different ones. Its the worst part about owning a Jeep.
Yikes, I’m in SoCal. Which dealers did this happen at so that I may avoid like the plague!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
stino

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Santa Monica is the dealer that ripped up my seats and used 6qts of oil twice, even though the second time I had the service advisor add notes specifically saying to use 5.

Scott Robinson in Torrance used 6qts -I talked to them specifically about it too.

This most recent debacle was Bob Baker in Carlsbad.

I had some brief experience w Nissani (or whatever its called in Culver City) they were whatever.

Ontario has been my best service experience.

I came from an Audi most recently and the service experience is absolutely night and day vs Jeep.

OP
OP
stino

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Santa Monica is the dealer that ripped up my seats and used 6qts of oil twice, even though the second time I had the service advisor add notes specifically saying to use 5.
Heres a crappy video of how SM Jeep gave my jeep back:

Took it back and they said there was nothing they could do. I literally refused to leave until the manager came out and agreed to take it back. They were able to get things to fit back a little better - but theres still broken tabs and gaps. They said there was nothing else they could do. I contacted Jeepcares and sent them this video- but I dont think they really care.

Jeep was less than a year old

• Wow
Reactions: AFD

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer

Damn man, horrible luck. My local dealer closest to me I avoid like the plague, sales and service always been terrible, so I always travel one city over for my warranty work and luckily they’ve been good to me. Fav needs to hold more accountability to these dealers if they are going to sell their product. Ridiculous how poorly managed some of these places are.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
If they gave me the jeep back like that and then give me an idiotic response like that, the gloves would have flown off!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Heres a crappy video of how SM Jeep gave my jeep back:

Took it back and they said there was nothing they could do. I literally refused to leave until the manager came out and agreed to take it back. They were able to get things to fit back a little better - but theres still broken tabs and gaps. They said there was nothing else they could do. I contacted Jeepcares and sent them this video- but I dont think they really care.

Jeep was less than a year old
Justin,
I know it's been a while, but do you recall if the EGR was leaking and got changed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stino

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Justin,
I know it's been a while, but do you recall if the EGR was leaking and got changed?

It was not, head gasket was blown, they said because heads were warped. EGR was full of coolant though. Same exact problem a couple months later they replaced one of the heads again. Been okay for a few months.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It was not, head gasket was blown, they said because heads were warped. EGR was full of coolant though. Same exact problem a couple months later they replaced one of the heads again. Been okay for a few months.
Gonna keep overheating if they don’t ever fix your coolant leak.
Sponsored