Sponsored

Major issue with 4xe lifts... Teraflex and others on 4xe

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Then you are golden, except for that shaft issue in the Epic 4x4 video. Are you adding shocks also?
I added Fox 2.0 shocks.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
One thing I’m trying to figure out is if we actually need a lift on the 4xe for 37s.

On my 2018 JLUR, I am running the Dynatrac 1.5” and 37” Ridge Grapplers.

If the 4xe is already 1” higher than the non-4xe, is any lift actually needed for 37s?

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
One thing I’m trying to figure out is if we actually need a lift on the 4xe for 37s.

On my 2018 JLUR, I am running the Dynatrac 1.5” and 37” Ridge Grapplers.

If the 4xe is already 1” higher than the non-4xe, is any lift actually needed for 37s?

It is pretty tight without a lift. My guess is the extra inch is assuming the springs will settle a bit from the added weight. At the very least install the Teraflex 1.5" and you should be golden. However unlike the JLUR with 1.5 the 4xe needs extended swaybar links longer shocks or extensions, and LCA and Track bar replacement would be a good idea

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
It is pretty tight without a lift. My guess is the extra inch is assuming the springs will settle a bit from the added weight. At the very least install the Teraflex 1.5" and you should be golden. However unlike the JLUR with 1.5 the 4xe needs extended swaybar links longer shocks or extensions, and LCA and Track bar replacement would be a good idea
Thanks! At that point, might as well go for a full kit, no?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2.5 kit comes with longer sway bar links but you still have the rest to buy. You basically only need springs from a full kit to finish it out as a non spacer kit when they are more available. ;)

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The 2.5 kit comes with longer sway bar links but you still have the rest to buy. You basically only need springs from a full kit to finish it out as a non spacer kit when they are more available. ;)
My thoughts exactly. Makes the Mopar lift seem like the best option at the moment?

Ideally I want the smallest option possible to fully clear 37s (hence the 1.5” on my 2018 JLUR).

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! At that point, might as well go for a full kit, no?
Yep just add springs... As that 1.5 lift is a 2.5" lift on a 4xe requiring geometry upgrades

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thoughts exactly. Makes the Mopar lift seem like the best option at the moment?

Ideally I want the smallest option possible to fully clear 37s (hence the 1.5” on my 2018 JLUR).
I would have went Mopar (even though some bowing of the springs on previous one) had it been available within the next couple of months in my area. I'm now at the point where I just need springs replaced and it isn't much more than the Mopar kit.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I confirmed that the Sahara's (assumed) also are 1" higher. I picked up my Sahara on Saturday, and it was sitting higher as suspected.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I am curious what the weight balance is on the normal rubicon vs the 50/50 weight balance on the Rubicon 4xe.

i have the rancho lift on my 19 JL, along with airlift bags in the rear coils.

if all of the additional weight is on the rear springs, then i couls simply transfer everything over, and add a few pounds to my minimum pressure on the bags to keep it level.

i know it is not a perfect solution for severe off-road fun, but it could hold me over until Rancho releases an updated kit that supports the 4xe.

all of this is making 2 big assumptions though
-all the weight is on the rear
-I can buy new rear springs to go with my existing kit.

(not the end of the worldif it doesnt work out, can always sell the kit & get a new one later)

one final though - once Teraflex releases their spring lift for the 4xe, i wonder if people use the falcon shocks for a normal 4 dr would give a better ride on the 4xe due to the extra weight since almost everyone agrees they are too harsh when used as spec’d.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am curious what the weight balance is on the normal rubicon vs the 50/50 weight balance on the Rubicon 4xe.

i have the rancho lift on my 19 JL, along with airlift bags in the rear coils.

if all of the additional weight is on the rear springs, then i couls simply transfer everything over, and add a few pounds to my minimum pressure on the bags to keep it level.

i know it is not a perfect solution for severe off-road fun, but it could hold me over until Rancho releases an updated kit that supports the 4xe.

all of this is making 2 big assumptions though
-all the weight is on the rear
-I can buy new rear springs to go with my existing kit.

(not the end of the worldif it doesnt work out, can always sell the kit & get a new one later)

one final though - once Teraflex releases their spring lift for the 4xe, i wonder if people use the falcon shocks for a normal 4 dr would give a better ride on the 4xe due to the extra weight since almost everyone agrees they are too harsh when used as spec’d.
I installed the Teraflex 1.5" ST1 and actually experienced some minor body roll with the stock Rubicon shocks. I replaced with the Fox 2.0 with are 3000psi considerably higher than the stock, and the roll was gone. There are Shocks out there not that work fine and I doubt that Teraflex with alter their shocks just for the 4xe. Personally usness you are planning for 37's I would not go any higher than 1.5" since 4xe has an extra inch lift from the factory.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I installed the Teraflex 1.5" ST1 and actually experienced some minor body roll with the stock Rubicon shocks. I replaced with the Fox 2.0 with are 3000psi considerably higher than the stock, and the roll was gone. There are Shocks out there not that work fine and I doubt that Teraflex with alter their shocks just for the 4xe. Personally usness you are planning for 37's I would not go any higher than 1.5" since 4xe has an extra inch lift from the factory.
Appreciate it. Yeah, the Rancho lift i have would put it at 1.5” over a 4xe Rubicon. (The lift is 2.5” on a standard Rubicon)

nice thing is that the Rancho are adjustable so i could find the right balance between compliance & pitch / roll. It really boils down to how much more weight the front springs are carrying on the 4xe, since i can do bags in the rear springs.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Appreciate it. Yeah, the Rancho lift i have would put it at 1.5” over a 4xe Rubicon. (The lift is 2.5” on a standard Rubicon)

nice thing is that the Rancho are adjustable so i could find the right balance between compliance & pitch / roll. It really boils down to how much more weight the front springs are carrying on the 4xe, since i can do bags in the rear springs.

I have a rancho lift on my 2018 JL Sahara, there is no way I would install that lift on a 4xe, the Rancho springs are in no way designed to handle the weight of the 4xe. I also have the RS 9000 adjustable shocks, those in the stiff position do not compare to the 3000psi of the Fox 2.0. I like Rancho products but I would NOT cross over any of their suspension. I would wait for a $xe kit from them. I am sure they would say the same. Rancho is not just some aftermarket supplier they supply may of the OEM suspension components directly to Jeep, with their intimate knowledge I would call them 1st.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I have a rancho lift on my 2018 JL Sahara, there is no way I would install that lift on a 4xe, the Rancho springs are in no way designed to handle the weight of the 4xe. I also have the RS 9000 adjustable shocks, those in the stiff position do not compare to the 3000psi of the Fox 2.0. I like Rancho products but I would NOT cross over any of their suspension. I would wait for a $xe kit from them. I am sure they would say the same. Rancho is not just some aftermarket supplier they supply may of the OEM suspension components directly to Jeep, with their intimate knowledge I would call them 1st.
I hear you. While I do not disagree with what you are saying, I am not ready to agree completely either. (don't worry, sometimes I don't even make sense in my own head:))

I know it is not the same, but when I put my ninja 400 race bike on the hitch carrier on the jeep (XRC bumper with integrated hitch, that I confirmed with Smittybilt in writing is good for 500LBs hitch weight + airlift bags in the rear rancho coils) I simply dial up 7 or 8, and it works great. no bottoming out on the rear, and no big pitch / roll.

Where I agree completely is that a kit designed specifically for the 4xe will be much better.

The best news on all of this is the fact that the 4xe already has an inch more height than the stock Rubicon, so I am OK with waiting for people to put out the updated lifts, and look at selling my existing Rancho lift.
Sponsored