fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
41, yes hockey family, yeah I realize the science part but need to teach them to spend money wisely as well...they like the fact the roof opens wide and the doors come off. Need to work in baby steps.
I would like to put 35's on and a small lift but not in budget right now. Kind of why we went with Rubicon very capable right from factory plus rides nice with the factory upgrades. Didn't like Sahara ride.
Not sure how some of these guys can buy a 50-60k vehicle then totally mod the hell out of right away??? I wish!
Sponsored

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So how old are you, see a goalie net in the garage, must have kids?? So family, need to do mods to show the kids cars can be science projects ;)
Where are you located in Maine?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
OOH, time to buy them tools for Xmas, then you can plan ;)

Yes they spend 60K and finance and dont have kids LOL

And spending money on cars is wise, at least you have something to show for it. LOL
It becomes a hobby.

I didnt put any lift on, although the Fox shock raised the Jeep about 1/2" in front and 3/4" in the rear.

I was given orders , no lift since wifey has bum Knee, did remove the stock rock rails and spent 800 on the LOD rock sliders but they have steps.

Note the wife loves Jeeps, we got her 18 Sahara first. So she has Punkn and a Overland, she calls HemiJeep. Plus we have a older WJ and a few other cars ;)

Where is your camp, on a lake??

Am thinking about a summer place with water view on midcoast, but damn the NYers have invaded and jacked up the prices, kind of sucks but can keep looking. Plus not so sure I need 2 houses to maintain at this stage.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I am in Brunswick, work in Portland for the electric utuility which I am sure you can figure out.
Work in substations. try to keep the lights on.

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OOH, time to buy them tools for Xmas, then you can plan ;)

Yes they spend 60K and finance and dont have kids LOL

And spending money on cars is wise, at least you have something to show for it. LOL
It becomes a hobby.

I didnt put any lift on, although the Fox shock raised the Jeep about 1/2" in front and 3/4" in the rear.

I was given orders , no lift since wifey has bum Knee, did remove the stock rock rails and spent 800 on the LOD rock sliders but they have steps.

Note the wife loves Jeeps, we got her 18 Sahara first. So she has Punkn and a Overland, she calls HemiJeep. Plus we have a older WJ and a few other cars ;)

Where is your camp, on a lake??

Am thinking about a summer place with water view on midcoast, but damn the NYers have invaded and jacked up the prices, kind of sucks but can keep looking. Plus not so sure I need 2 houses to maintain at this stage.
I am in Brunswick, work in Portland for the electric utuility which I am sure you can figure out.
Work in substations. try to keep the lights on.
Nice!
I have the tools use to own and work on VWs in my 20's, actually worked in Brunswick on the bath road for many years cousin owned a VW parts store. Worked on old bugs and vanagon camper vans.
Camp is in Monmouth on Cobosecontee lake. Nice lake but prices are high for any waterfront, in-laws own I have to maintain boat and camp for her. Good price to pay.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are the kids fighting to claim the Jeep for first car ;)

Doors off is interesting but I get away with it since I can park in my garage or plop the Rubicon under a car cover with the soft top up. Dont like to keep my SRT outside, drive one of my PT Cruisers most of the time so my toys are toys so to speak no need to drive them in bad weather, too much work cleaning them.

Sounds like a good deal per the camp, best boat is one a neighbor has that you can use.

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So are the kids fighting to claim the Jeep for first car ;)

Doors off is interesting but I get away with it since I can park in my garage or plop the Rubicon under a car cover with the soft top up. Dont like to keep my SRT outside, drive one of my PT Cruisers most of the time so my toys are toys so to speak no need to drive them in bad weather, too much work cleaning them.

Sounds like a good deal per the camp, best boat is one a neighbor has that you can use.
Daughter wants it as first car. Have 3 years before that happens. Told her she is crazy but maybe better than driving my TitanXD..
Pontoon boat is inlaws I just maintain and can use when we want very handy. Got pair of Jetskis this summer for us to zip around and play on...fun fun!!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that Barbie electric Jeep you bought her yrs back is biting you in the arse now LOL

Can always play the good grades deal for 3 yrs and then look for an older wrangler, but tell her she has to wrench it herself.

Neighbor has 16yr old daughter, she loves my Jeeps and SRT, tells her father to buy her one LOL her freind has a JK, but I think mom pop have some deep pockets. Amazes me the cars parents give their kids to go to HS in. I had an old Ford truck back in the day and had to figure it out myself to keep it running. But was a set of wheels.

Her father tells her to assist me when I am doing projects on my cars to learn something, then maybe. Told me, show her how to change oil so I can get a few oil changes done LOL She hasnt stopped by to learn anything?? Doesnt want to get dirty. I bust her and ask when are you getting a Jeep??

Anyhow I dont think the kids today care about cars I guess, my neice wanted a Jeep. She graduated from a nursing program in Boston, my BIL stuck her in a Honda :( since she didnt have much money., so he cosigned a loan. I Told her to save up and trade it in next year or tow and get what you really wanted. No sense going to 4 yr program and then 18 months for nursing to be stuck in a HRV crap box. But guess that is all she could afford.

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well that Barbie electric Jeep you bought her yrs back is biting you in the arse now LOL

Can always play the good grades deal for 3 yrs and then look for an older wrangler, but tell her she has to wrench it herself.

Neighbor has 16yr old daughter, she loves my Jeeps and SRT, tells her father to buy her one LOL her freind has a JK, but I think mom pop have some deep pockets. Amazes me the cars parents give their kids to go to HS in. I had an old Ford truck back in the day and had to figure it out myself to keep it running. But was a set of wheels.

Her father tells her to assist me when I am doing projects on my cars to learn something, then maybe. Told me, show her how to change oil so I can get a few oil changes done LOL She hasnt stopped by to learn anything?? Doesnt want to get dirty. I bust her and ask when are you getting a Jeep??

Anyhow I dont think the kids today care about cars I guess, my neice wanted a Jeep. She graduated from a nursing program in Boston, my BIL stuck her in a Honda :( since she didnt have much money., so he cosigned a loan. I Told her to save up and trade it in next year or tow and get what you really wanted. No sense going to 4 yr program and then 18 months for nursing to be stuck in a HRV crap box. But guess that is all she could afford.

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
"Well that Barbie electric Jeep you bought her yrs back is biting you in the arse now LOL"
Ain't that the truth she loved that damn thing!

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that is good, at least she will want to be seen with you in the Jeep! for a few more years.

A Wrangler was/is my wifes dream SUV, only took 56 yrs to get one LOL

I think the demographics are very high that gals love Wranglers, maybe the Daisy Duke Jeep has something to do with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maine JL owners? 1607608041179

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Any JL owners here in Maine? I see ALOT from Massachusetts but not many from Maine. Wondering if there are and locals and any trails around the area.
Those of whom we do not speak, nor see much of this time of the year (Thank GOD!). Sorry you all you MA folks but I live just off 302 in Windham and during the summer you make my commute much less enjoyable ;)

Well, I'm a 'soon to be' member of the club :like: For years my wife has said she wants a 'fun car' which in her language means a convertible GTO or a soft-top Jeep. This year for Christmas I had no idea what to get her so I decided I would get her the promise of 'a fun car in 2021'. During that snow storm we got just before Christmas she got her Renegade stuck (not the first time) in the Hannaford parking lot and needed a push. That made the decision clear, the fun car would be a Jeep and it would have a locker.

After looking for the past 2 weeks we decided we would order a Rubicon. I was hoping to find a used one but we could not find anything matching what we wanted and the ones which came close (with 8-12k miles) were priced 2-3k less than brand new. My dealer also couldn't find anything new matching what we wanted within striking distance. It seems Snazzberry JL's with a soft-top are a rare combo in this area.

I haven't spent too much time driving rough trails since I sold my 1985 Toyota Truck but I'm looking forward to hunting next year (off the KI Road outside of Greenville). There are always some adventurous spots to hit off the KI and some spectacular views if you find the right roads / trails.

MaineLine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Those of whom we do not speak, nor see much of this time of the year (Thank GOD!). Sorry you all you MA folks but I live just off 302 in Windham and during the summer you make my commute much less enjoyable ;)

Well, I'm a 'soon to be' member of the club :like: For years my wife has said she wants a 'fun car' which in her language means a convertible GTO or a soft-top Jeep. This year for Christmas I had no idea what to get her so I decided I would get her the promise of 'a fun car in 2021'. During that snow storm we got just before Christmas she got her Renegade stuck (not the first time) in the Hannaford parking lot and needed a push. That made the decision clear, the fun car would be a Jeep and it would have a locker.

After looking for the past 2 weeks we decided we would order a Rubicon. I was hoping to find a used one but we could not find anything matching what we wanted and the ones which came close (with 8-12k miles) were priced 2-3k less than brand new. My dealer also couldn't find anything new matching what we wanted within striking distance. It seems Snazzberry JL's with a soft-top are a rare combo in this area.

I haven't spent too much time driving rough trails since I sold my 1985 Toyota Truck but I'm looking forward to hunting next year (off the KI Road outside of Greenville). There are always some adventurous spots to hit off the KI and some spectacular views if you find the right roads / trails.
Hey man I'm one of those annoying MA people! However, my parents live in Naples right up the road from you and I'm from ME originally. Wondering if you've found any jeep trails that are fun in you're area? I'm new to the jeep family and would love to do some off roading next time I'm visiting my parents.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Hey man I'm one of those annoying MA people! However, my parents live in Naples right up the road from you and I'm from ME originally. Wondering if you've found any jeep trails that are fun in you're area? I'm new to the jeep family and would love to do some off roading next time I'm visiting my parents.
Well, you technically aren't 'from away' so I guess I can reply :LOL: Honestly, I don't know a single spot in Southern Maine :crying: When I was 22 years old (30 years ago) I could show you several places but they are all now developments, hiking trails, ATV / snowmobile trails or gated off. Aside from the road I live on my vehicles haven't touched dirt in Southern Maine in a very long time, I always go North and West of Bangor to hunt / fish, those place still offer some level of access (mainly off logging roads.).

Maine ATV and Snowmobile clubs have done a fantastic job securing access and building trails by working with land owners and the state. If my wife didn't want a Jeep I probably would have gone with a UTV because there are many more opportunities for them. Unfortunately those trails are all illegal to operate a MV on.

My suggestion would be to order up a Maine Gazetteer (get the book, not .pdf version). They do a good job showing trails / logging roads / gates / etc. I normally buy a new one every few years because they do update them. More than once my hand-held GPS and Gazetteer have helped me locate obscure little trout ponds off old logging roads in the middle of nowhere.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I agree with MaineBumpkin about the lack of ORV trails. I live in the foothills near Wilton/Jay/Farmington and I head north of Greenville and East of Jackman to get my dirt quota filled in the summer. Last year I bought a season pass for unlimited camping in "North Maine Woods for if I remember $75.00 which got paid back in camping after 6 nights. I recommend you take a look at:https://www.northmainewoods.org/. Since I am over 70 I pay no other fees. AS MB said, definitely get the Delorme Maine Gazetteer.

NMW is about the same land area as the state of Connecticut.
Sponsored