First Name
Ryan Tuthill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Punk’n
Occupation
USAF SF
Any JL owners here in Maine? I see ALOT from Massachusetts but not many from Maine. Wondering if there are and locals and any trails around the area.
Sponsored

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
My first jeep, just made the second payment on it. Just based on how many I see on the roads I'd say Jeeps are one of the most prevalent brands running around Maine. No idea on trails, haven't looked into that yet.

OP
OP
TuTTerZZ12

TuTTerZZ12

First Name
Ryan Tuthill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Punk’n
Occupation
USAF SF
I agree. I live in the Bangor area and now that I have a Wrangler (since November) I see them EVERYWHERE just not a lot of JL’s (yet). And Iv been looking for Rubicon take offs for MONTHS with zero interests except in Massachusetts. I just think it’s rare to find JL’s in this area and nothing on trails except southern Maine.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I am in Brunswick. Bought the JL last fall, just got out of mothballs, now to start istalling some mods and get the soft top and tube doors on.

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I’m in Gray, I see a lot of Jeeps in the Windham area. More JK’s than JL’s, a few TJ’s.

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Lisbon Falls.........

Tumbledown Dick......East Peru Maine. A view from the top and bottom. I may explore another trail tomorrow in the area that goes from Black Mt (Sumner) and goes around Speckle Mt to see if I can get all the way around. Then if any Mainer's in my area would be interested set up a date to meet up with others if interested. Eat lunch on the Mt top. Most of these trails are passable with a stock jeep if experienced. Better and a little bigger tires is a plus in a few spots.

Tumbledown4.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

RobbieZ63

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'm in Lisbon Falls.........

Tumbledown Dick......East Peru Maine. A view from the top and bottom. I may explore another trail tomorrow in the area that goes from Black Mt (Sumner) and goes around Speckle Mt to see if I can get all the way around. Then if any Mainer's in my area would be interested set up a date to meet up with others if interested. Eat lunch on the Mt top. Most of these trails are passable with a stock jeep if experienced. Better and a little bigger tires is a plus in a few spots.

Im from PA, but if you guys decide to meet up, Ill be more than happy to join you all. Love Maine, and would love to get my Jeep up there. Let me know please.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Now that the snow is gone, Ive been exploring some areas that look like there are many trails. I google things about areas i see trails on google earth. Then search for "hiking in XYZ Maine.....and read hikers blogs and occasionally find comments like "its a popular area for jeepers," or descriptions of the trails for hints. So far I have learned of some places to explore and that many are used by ATV's or snowmobiles in winter. The trails are posted to stay off until things dry up (29 May). Found some info from ATV clubs as well. As long as the trails are not posted specifically prohibiting Vehicles I'll check them out. Oh yea the black flies will suffocate you.

Last edited:

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I have a 2019 JL 2dr set up for overlanding. Hopefully Canada will open up Late June as I want to drive the CCOT thru Nova Scotia and Newfoundland for about a month. Would like to be part of a group for some or all of the route if possible. If not I will be solo. I live in Franklin County and have quite a few trips up there over the years both camping and hiking.

IMG_0008.JPG

Sponsored

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I have a 2019 JL 2dr set up for overlanding. Hopefully Canada will open up Late June as I want to drive the CCOT thru Nova Scotia and Newfoundland for about a month. Would like to be part of a group for some or all of the route if possible. If not I will be solo. I live in Franklin County and have quite a few trips up there over the years both camping and hiking.

Unfortunately it doesn't look promising for that. I saw an article saying the border closure to nonessential travel will likely be extended til late July. I had hoped to go to the Gaspe region of Quebec this summer but decided to make plans to vacation in Maine with all the uncertainty. Fortunately we've got plenty of beautiful places to explore right in our own state.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzann...will-be-extended-to-end-of-july/#55b3ad64550e

JNewton918

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel, 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo
Picked up my 2021 JLUR Eco Diesel in September, previously had a 2012 JKU. Currently live in Casco, ME but work up in Houlton. I'm part of a local Jeep group of people in the Lakes Region area of Maine. This year has been different/interesting with meet ups and trail runs but still a great group of people.

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Picked up my 2021 JLUR Eco Diesel in September, previously had a 2012 JKU. Currently live in Casco, ME but work up in Houlton. I'm part of a local Jeep group of people in the Lakes Region area of Maine. This year has been different/interesting with meet ups and trail runs but still a great group of people.
Wow that's quite a commute! You must stay in Houlton for the week or something. The diesel should certainly help with fuel costs.

Your profile says your other car is a Porsche 944-that must be a blast for making the drive in the summer but not in the winter ;)

I had never heard of that part of Maine being called the Lakes Region.

JNewton918

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel, 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo
Wow that's quite a commute! You must stay in Houlton for the week or something. The diesel should certainly help with fuel costs.

Your profile says your other car is a Porsche 944-that must be a blast for making the drive in the summer but not in the winter ;)

I had never heard of that part of Maine being called the Lakes Region.
Haha yes I do stay in Houlton when I work and then travel back home on my days off. Yes so far the diesel is great, can't wait to lift it and add some goodies to it. Yes the Porsche is fun to drive in the summer weather, I have original 52Kmi on it and currently going through it performing scheduled maintenance and doing some restoration work.

Your username is Allagash27, do you live in that area? My wife and I back in October got married and due to the pandemic we decided to just do a "mini honeymoon". We stayed up in Millinocket and took the Jeep out into the Allagash. Explored around, saw the ghost trains and just got lost and did some hiking when we would stumble upon some trails. We had a blast, we both love the area and visit a lot.

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a new 2021 JLUR the end of November still a baby, under 300 miles on it. New to the Jeep scene first jeep ever but love it so far. From looking around the inter net it seems there are not many open public trails at least not in my area Lewiston/Auburn. Would love to find some places to go that are not too crazy, as I don't plan on many mods right away as the family is new to the whole Jeep culture but want to find out what it can do and have some fun.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maine JL owners? IMG_20201205_110847
Sponsored