Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
Looks like this roots style supercharger has hit the market. Lets start a conversation:

https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-19-36-003-bl.htm

what do we think about the power numbers? Is it a good or bad thing that they are going to push it harder than edelbrock? 3 year powertrain so it seems they are confident.

The Dyno chart starts a little late at 2600 RPM where it looks like the SC torque curve might be lower than stock. This seems strange for this style blower but maybe it is a power hog to spin.

Do we trust they have the ECU figured out while edelbrock and sprintex are still testing and procharger is out blowing motors? LOL

anyone have photos or any additional information? wonder what the inter cooler looks like
Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
I received an email advertisement today and was shocked to see they are using a TVS1900. That is a big boy blower and is what comes on LSA engines (6.2L displacement) from the factory as an example.

They used to use TVS1320 blowers on the JK kits which I personally always felt was a bit small and I thought the 1650 would have been the ideal candidate for a 3.6 but I guess they went up a bit.

With that size, I dont think they will be pushing this supercharger hard at all.

Im betting the dyno graph is on an auto which is a bit harder to get low end numbers off of because of torque lock up. It will definitely take a little power to spin this sized blower but I wouldn't focus too hard on assuming much power is lost down low.

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I am curious how much boost they will be putting out. Prodigy has been putting out what, 30 PSI on these newer high compression engines? And that has reportedly not been ending well.

Different car I know but BMW M3's in the E46 and E92 era do well with supercharged boost. But with 12:1-ish compression ratio engines they keep the boost down, we're talking like anywhere from like 6-10 PSI depending on the kit. The older I get the more I prefer reliable power to just power. [Insert OK boomer joke here since I've been hearing that a lot from zoomers on the internet lately.]

I guess we'll talk when they get a CARB EO. I see that they're selling the kit with EO pending, Edelbrock has been working on getting one for like two years now. I guess a decent choice for 49 other states but if someone in CA that desired to be 100% compliant with laws decided to buy it and the mafia didn't permit its installation on street cars with an EO down the line, you'd have a very expensive $6500 paperweight.

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I took a closer look at the Magnuson pictures.

I noticed that Magnuson uses an SB Intake. I don't know if that hurts or helps with their CARB EO case, but I am running that same intake because it is CARB EO approved, and although the intake itself doesn't make any real power, it's sealed like the factory box and makes a good noise that makes me feel like I'm driving a real SUV and not our damn Prius whenever I step on the loud pedal.

The thing I really noticed though is that Magnuson has plugged off the location on the SB Intake for the mass air flow or mass air pressure sensor. (I don't know which version exactly a Jeep uses.) I don't readily see it in another location in Magnuson's picture. That begs a question: Has it been relocated? Or has it been deleted, and they are running a forced/fixed tune that doesn't account for changes in air flow/volume/density/temperature? One of the other pictures shows several wire extensions, assuming one might be a extension for the sensor but wondering where they moved it to as I don't see it in the installed picture.

Sponsored

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sensor will be relocated to some location preferably post intercooler to account for the temp and pressure changes.
Im too used to seeing big front mounts, forgot that people are going with slick top mount plenum-integrated air to water setups nowadays. lol

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is the oil filter relocated? Seems like it will be a pain to change the filter if not.

cth16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Is the oil filter relocated? Seems like it will be a pain to change the filter if not.
There is adequate room for oil filter change. New design is much better than previous.

cth16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Looks like this roots style supercharger has hit the market. Lets start a conversation:

https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-19-36-003-bl.htm

what do we think about the power numbers? Is it a good or bad thing that they are going to push it harder than edelbrock? 3 year powertrain so it seems they are confident.

The Dyno chart starts a little late at 2600 RPM where it looks like the SC torque curve might be lower than stock. This seems strange for this style blower but maybe it is a power hog to spin.

Do we trust they have the ECU figured out while edelbrock and sprintex are still testing and procharger is out blowing motors? LOL

anyone have photos or any additional information? wonder what the inter cooler looks like
Tune is worked out and drivability is nice. Never compare dynos due to many variables like weather, wheel size, etc. But here is dyno results of baseline JL to Magnuson install.

001.jpg

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is adequate room for oil filter change. New design is much better than previous.
Do you happen to have a picture showing this? I’m interested in the kit but have not seen a good picture of oil filter access.

Sponsored

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Awesome! That definitely helps.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Tune is worked out and drivability is nice. Never compare dynos due to many variables like weather, wheel size, etc. But here is dyno results of baseline JL to Magnuson install.

001.jpg
I wonder if they had the forethought to think about people running PSC Steering systems.