First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Wow that’s awesome. I think stock Maggie is just 7 psi if memory serves, that’s some real boost that you’re doing. I do wanna figure out how to get the latest file pushed. I think my 6 speed and 5.13 gears are limiting. I was proud that I outran a minivan the other day. I’m still happy as puppy with 2 peckers with the Maggie kit, not complaining at all.
just have them email you the file and load it with your rtd.
Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
im not going full tilt with AN -16 lines and AN fittings or anything; but it will have high consideration to detail well beyond the box kit.
i should be able to run 10-12psi on the stock motor, and 18-20 once rods and pistons are In.

Apologies if I missed it, but where are you getting your upgraded pistons and rods? I have been checking Prodigy's site from time to time to see if they are offering them for the JL yet (they only have JK now), but nothing so far...

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Apologies if I missed it, but where are you getting your upgraded pistons and rods? I have been checking Prodigy's site from time to time to see if they are offering them for the JL yet (they only have JK now), but nothing so far...
some guys having been pulling levers to get them made. Probably summer time.

There is also some effort to get the deck closed or girdled. Couple guys wanna slap big rotrex blowers on and spin it to the limit. Im only shooting for 550-600 at the crank. Shouldnt be too hard revving to 7,000 with the 1900. We’ll see.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
some guys having been pulling levers to get them made. Probably summer time.

There is also some effort to get the deck closed or girdled. Couple guys wanna slap big rotrex blowers on and spin it to the limit. Im only shooting for 550-600 at the crank. Shouldnt be too hard revving to 7,000 with the 1900. We’ll see.

Closing the deck as in what Prodigy does with their Block Gaurd?

They used Carillo for their rods, ARB for their studs, and Diamond Pistons for their pistons... I wonder if they would be options for JL versions since they did the work on the JK internal upgrades?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Closing the deck as in what Prodigy does with their Block Gaurd?

They used Carillo for their rods, ARB for their studs, and Diamond Pistons for their pistons... I wonder if they would be options for JL versions since they did the work on the JK internal upgrades?
thats what is being worked on. The rods will be Pauter i think though.

not sure what prodigy is doing. Theyre pretty much the last people on the planet id talk to about this stuff. Theyre not particularly intelligent about how they go about making power.....but i suppose even blind squirrels get the occasional nut, so maybe?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats what is being worked on. The rods will be Pauter i think though.

not sure what prodigy is doing. Theyre pretty much the last people on the planet id talk to about this stuff. Theyre not particularly intelligent about how they go about making power.....but i suppose even blind squirrels get the occasional nut, so maybe?
Thanks, and I'm not a Prodigy fan, but did like some of what they did with the JK.

Is there a forum where this is being discussed? I'd like to keep up with the progress.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Gladiator side of the house. Pistons from Diamond rods from Pauter. Looking like may.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Oh hello there.....custom pieces starting to show up.

#NeverSummerIATs #CentrifugalWhat

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 B7321802-4EFD-4330-9571-066C45CDD02D

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
any news on your build? @Kurt0
custom fab pieces except lines/blanket are here. Still waiting on the blower.

talked to a couple guys this weekend about 2 more motor failures with magnuson blowers. My guess based on their description is they cracked their piston ringlands. I believe they both started on the petty’s garage tune, trying to confirm.

Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
custom fab pieces except lines/blanket are here. Still waiting on the blower.

talked to a couple guys this weekend about 2 more motor failures with magnuson blowers. My guess based on their description is they cracked their piston ringlands. I believe they both started on the petty’s garage tune, trying to confirm.
Oh boy that’s concerning, maybe I will wait a little on a supercharger lol. I would like something that is pretty reliable, any people have issue with edelbrock or ripp setup?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Oh boy that’s concerning, maybe I will wait a little on a supercharger lol. I would like something that is pretty reliable, any people have issue with edelbrock or ripp setup?
1- thats a valid concern when adding forced induction

2- im not aware of any issues with any edelbrock kits on jl/jt, but there arent that many in the field right now. there is a long version to this answer, but short version i think they are the only kit (right now) that you can count on arriving at your door ready to roll.

3- there is a shit ton of debate about what i am about to say being correlation or causality, but from what i can tell ripp kits are on by far the most blown motors. Again, correlation? Causality? Old news? Blown out of proportion news? repeat post news? I have my theories, but i dont know for sure.

im staying the course with magnuson. I think the latest tune revision is safe, and the tune from the gladiator forum is solid and powerful, but if emissions are a concern, edelbrock is your only answer at the moment.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
1- thats a valid concern when adding forced induction

2- im not aware of any issues with any edelbrock kits on jl/jt, but there arent that many in the field right now. there is a long version to this answer, but short version i think they are the only kit (right now) that you can count on arriving at your door ready to roll.

3- there is a shit ton of debate about what i am about to say being correlation or causality, but from what i can tell ripp kits are on by far the most blown motors. Again, correlation? Causality? Old news? Blown out of proportion news? repeat post news? I have my theories, but i dont know for sure.

im staying the course with magnuson. I think the latest tune revision is safe, and the tune from the gladiator forum is solid and powerful, but if emissions are a concern, edelbrock is your only answer at the moment.
Thank you will stay tuned for your builds progress, I am looking for more power but nothing record breaking just some more power overall. Thank you for sharing you research it will help a lot of us in making the best decisions in regards to forced induction. The only thing I may interject is the ripp supercharger doesn’t change the stock manifold which one of the shops here said made it easier to install and tune.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Thank you will stay tuned for your builds progress, I am looking for more power but nothing record breaking just some more power overall. Thank you for sharing you research it will help a lot of us in making the best decisions in regards to forced induction. The only thing I may interject is the ripp supercharger doesn’t change the stock manifold which one of the shops here said made it easier to install and tune.
with the torque limitation tables in the engine and trans, that is correct. Its less to do with the manifold and more to do with these limitation tables and how to configure them in a way that allows access to the power and maintain drivability.

ripp gets around this simply by the nature of a centri not making any tq where you actually need it. I also would be very curious to drive a ripp kit on a gladiator since it unlocks the converter much more readily than the jl. Pute speculation on my part, but id bet it drives like shit, because knowing a little bit about what had to go into figuring out that lock up schedule you cant do much about it unless you fully tune the TCM, which Ripp does not do. I bet their part throttle sucks like stock and it kicks down gears like stock.

also speculation on my part is that Ripp doesnt fully grasp the difference between cylinder pressure and manifold pressure, which i think (combined with knock) is the cause of the engine failures. Same with the early magnuson tunes (and add high lambda values there as well).

its not that other kits cant/wont work. Its not that the dude doing the magnuson tune right now is the only guy who can do it right. Its that the number of people who actually have the training to tune an engine like this, with an ecu and tcu like this, with the cam phasing the way its, and a piston crown as small as it is, is a very small number. while i have not seen the edelbrock kit tuning file, the fact they are THE ONLY tuner to offer tcm tuning AND they run the smallest pulley but generate only 8psi tells me they understand all these things....they tuned the tcm because they are aware of the tables, and they know cyl pressure is an issue as is elevation, so they run a super small pulley and manipulate the boost curve via cam phasing. Call it “not a sure thing but a pretty solid informed guess”, if you will.

i think edelbrock got it right, and right nownis probably the best way to go for most people. Magnuson is catching up fast and has a lot more power potential.

I approached Edelbrock about getting some kind of consideration/discount on their kit to discuss it more in detail from an experienced point of view. My version was that their data and my engagement with Eddie @EForce-Tech made it look to me like a great option most people were missing out on because their marketing department sucks ass. They keep giving away their kits to bullshit youtube shows and shops who arent around here to tell us what its like or how well it works. People keep asking here and on gladiator “who has the kit” and its crickets. They said i wasnt high profile enough and they werent interested in doing that route. Fair enough. Now 4 months later one guy on the gladiator forum has bought one that we know of, and still no one saying “im an average guy who has the kit, its great”. Meanwhile, magnuson has sold 10x as many kits and people are on the wait list currently now for them, despite no carb approval yet.

So i bought it anyway, and the edelbrock was delivered, sitting in my garage and i sent it back. It was going to be the easier path on initial install and work great i think, but it meant id fight heat issues later on higher boost....id basically be installing it, doing a bunch of their marketing for them for free, and then dealing with ass pain later on chasing higher hp if i decide to follow through. Its a shame, because i had a dyno ready to go, a tuner ready to go, fabricators making stuff for me and could have shown step by step how to set it up. The advantage to me would have been less fussing with the initial tune, and getting something scrubbed off full retail.

I switched to magnuson after that, because while i truly believe the Edelbrock kit is the easiest bolt and go option right now, id have work cut out for me later managing the heat as the boost went up. the magnuson is more of a pain in the ass now with initial tuning, but will pay dividends down the road, and since Ive done enough of this stuff to feel comfortable with it, the advantage edelbrock presented me then was greatly diminished considering same costs, my access to fabricators, and my relationship with tuners.

so, Ill continue to keep folks posted as it goes along. Lots of exciting things going into the build. Ill have more coolant on board and a FI Interchiller AC condenser system, custom heat wrapped lines, higher flow pump, the works. Meth later this year.

She gonna run good.

Note the internal plumbing so the pump never starves, even at off road angles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 C2CB3385-17F0-495C-9D4B-D6ADF19341FE
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 FFE06F32-0FCE-4BC3-936B-60839823B991

high GPM pump for intercooler

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 117EF737-4F8B-45CC-80C2-E35A4D0A3EEB

Timken idler pullies to keep the belt tracking smooth and quiet at higher load.

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 64DA6F3E-C28D-401E-9B3D-95C540DAC4CE

#NeverSummerIAT2’s

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 ABA6591A-FCCB-4426-A7F7-AA13D9B28E97

Last edited:

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
with the torque limitation tables in the engine and trans, that is correct. Its less to do with the manifold and more to do with these limitation tables and how to configure them in a way that allows access to the power and maintain drivability.

ripp gets around this simply by the nature of a centri not making any tq where you actually need it. I also would be very curious to drive a ripp kit on a gladiator since it unlocks the converter much more readily than the jl. Pute speculation on my part, but id bet it drives like shit, because knowing a little bit about what had to go into figuring out that lock up schedule you cant do much about it unless you fully tune the TCM, which Ripp does not do. I bet their part throttle sucks like stock and it kicks down gears like stock.

also speculation on my part is that Ripp doesnt fully grasp the difference between cylinder pressure and manifold pressure, which i think (combined with knock) is the cause of the engine failures. Same with the early magnuson tunes (and add high lambda values there as well).

its not that other kits cant/wont work. Its not that the dude doing the magnuson tune right now is the only guy who can do it right. Its that the number of people who actually have the training to tune an engine like this, with an ecu and tcu like this, with the cam phasing the way its, and a piston crown as small as it is, is a very small number. while i have not seen the edelbrock kit tuning file, the fact they are THE ONLY tuner to offer tcm tuning AND they run the smallest pulley but generate only 8psi tells me they understand all these things....they tuned the tcm because they are aware of the tables, and they know cyl pressure is an issue as is elevation, so they run a super small pulley and manipulate the boost curve via cam phasing. Call it “not a sure thing but a pretty solid informed guess”, if you will.

i think edelbrock got it right, and right nownis probably the best way to go for most people. Magnuson is catching up fast and has a lot more power potential.

I approached Edelbrock about getting some kind of consideration/discount on their kit to discuss it more in detail from an experienced point of view. My version was that their data and my engagement with Eddie @EForce-Tech made it look to me like a great option most people were missing out on because their marketing department sucks ass. They keep giving away their kits to bullshit youtube shows and shops who arent around here to tell us what its like or how well it works. People keep asking here and on gladiator “who has the kit” and its crickets. They said i wasnt high profile enough and they werent interested in doing that route. Fair enough. Now 4 months later one guy on the gladiator forum has bought one that we know of, and still no one saying “im an average guy who has the kit, its great”. Meanwhile, magnuson has sold 10x as many kits and people are on the wait list currently now for them, despite no carb approval yet.

So i bought it anyway, and the edelbrock was delivered, sitting in my garage and i sent it back. It was going to be the easier path on initial install and work great i think, but it meant id fight heat issues later on higher boost....id basically be installing it, doing a bunch of their marketing for them for free, and then dealing with ass pain later on chasing higher hp if i decide to follow through. Its a shame, because i had a dyno ready to go, a tuner ready to go, fabricators making stuff for me and could have shown step by step how to set it up. The advantage to me would have been less fussing with the initial tune, and getting something scrubbed off full retail.

I switched to magnuson after that, because while i truly believe the Edelbrock kit is the easiest bolt and go option right now, id have work cut out for me later managing the heat as the boost went up. the magnuson is more of a pain in the ass now with initial tuning, but will pay dividends down the road, and since Ive done enough of this stuff to feel comfortable with it, the advantage edelbrock presented me then was greatly diminished considering same costs, my access to fabricators, and my relationship with tuners.

so, Ill continue to keep folks posted as it goes along. Lots of exciting things going into the build. Ill have more coolant on board and a FI Interchiller AC condenser system, custom heat wrapped lines, higher flow pump, the works. Meth later this year.

She gonna run good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 ABA6591A-FCCB-4426-A7F7-AA13D9B28E97

Sounds awesome and hopefully we can learn from your experience with this platform, I may have it a little easier in regards to transmission tuning as I have a six speed and it’s a shame edelbrock wouldn’t help you out as you seem very educated in this space and your reviews would have sold them a boatload had it been truly determined as a turn key solution at least initially.
Sponsored