Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
that doesnt jive right with what I know so far From direct conversations with the people working directly on it....but i might not have my facts straight.

stay in touch. Let me get the unit built and installed, and the file running and see whats what and we’ll try to get you sorted out. My guess is that if your throttle isnt super twitchy/violent, you already have the primary revision file.
Thank you Kurt0, I’ll stay in touch!
Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Anyone have this setup on a six speed? I wonder how the stock clutch would hold up to these power levels.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
i appreciate that.

it came down to heat. I think on a stock motor the Edelbrock is perfectly fine and would drive great. But comparing the temp data the Magnuson runs cooler from the larger blower and larger intercooler. I plan on building the motor and turning up the boost; so while the 1320 can still crank out power pretty efficiently, its going to run hotter. The side-car design of the Magnuson allows easier tapping for meth injection, more plenum, and a larger intercooler. The jeep already has cooling struggles and running more blower pressure; i wasnt sure how the heat would work out so i decided to mitigate it.

if I had gone with edelbrock i would have tried to cut 1/8 or 1/4” phenolic resin sheet to act as a temp gasket between their plenum and intercooler box, but getting meth dispersion would have been tougher.

it came down to future build plans, nothing more.
Dang, exactly what said in the other thread. You’re welcome.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Forged drop in pistons are almost done, rods are a few weeks behind that as well as head studs.

by summer time/early fall you’ll be able to have a 600hp supercharged jeep. This motor makes power really, really efficiently, and so far even at 13psi in testing the transmission hasnt triggered any safety responses. Obviously that isnt the “street file” for everyone, but folks are looking for the hard parts limit so the amount of safety margin is known.

for "general" use, we'll call it, the latest map will be available soon.

Last edited:

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forged drop in pistons are almost done, rods are a few weeks behind that as well as head studs.

by summer time/early fall you’ll be able to have a 600hp supercharged jeep. This motor makes power really, really efficiently, and so far even at 13psi in testing the transmission hasnt triggered any safety responses. Obviously that isnt the “street file” for everyone, but folks are looking for the hard parts limit so the amount of safety margin is known.

for "general" use, we'll call it, the latest map will be available soon.
I hope you have better prices than Prodigy.

https://prodigyperformance.com/products/prodigy-pistons-36l-jeep-wrangler/

https://prodigyperformance.com/products/prodigy-carillo-custom-rod-set-for-36l-6/

just for reference

https://butler-ls.com/i-23375419-ea...-bore-376-377-cu-in.html?ref=category:1182628

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Setting up for install. This is what Im tracking so far, if anyone has anything to add, it is appreciated

-mopar coolant for engine

-Chevy LT5 coolant for supercharger

-Ruthenium plugs

-tracking temp sensor relocate to grill area

anything else?

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Cooler thermostat? Any plans for electric fans or any cooling upgrades?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Cooler thermostat? Any plans for electric fans or any cooling upgrades?
Thanks. Good points. i think the fans on the gladiator are good to go. Ill do a lower T stat and i have the Cold Case race radiator for install as well. Can never have too much cooling.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
4-6 weeks delay because of “covid”, which i guess will turn into 8-12weeks when all is said and done.

Last edited:

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Well. If I wait for the Magnuson, i likely wont be able to get it done until after the summer given my work travel schedule and trips planned with my kids and it wont be on for the trips where I have them in the summer.

the edelbrock is a solid kit, i may need to rig an interchiller system when the boost goes up down the road, but its ready to go right now.

what do folks think? Wait? Go edelbrock and actually get a forum user with one installed?

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Ecodiesel, 2023 JL 2.0L, 2019 Duramax
Well. If I wait for the Magnuson, i likely wont be able to get it done until after the summer given my work travel schedule and trips planned with my kids and it wont be on for the trips where I have them in the summer.

the edelbrock is a solid kit, i may need to rig an interchiller system when the boost goes up down the road, but its ready to go right now.

what do folks think? Wait? Go edelbrock and actually get a forum user with one installed?

Personally, I'd wait for the Magnuson. I'm quite happen with mine after using Dave's tunes (from the Gladiator forum). I installed it myself, have tweaked it quite a bit and would do it again given where it has ended up.

My only concern at the moment is my clutch but that's not a deal breaker.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I’d personally wait for the Maggie. My experience with the Edelbrock on my JK wasn’t the best; the kit was polished and complete and well packaged and easy to install and the power gains were exactly as advertised but I don’t think Edelbrock has a good handle on tuning Chrysler ECMs because calling their canned tune dirty would be generous. I also got the distinct impression they didn’t much care about improving their product because they were absolutely no help whatsoever when it came to trying to engage them in discussions on why the tune has certain characteristics and if they could be worked out.

I have no empirical data to support, but my guess would be that they followed standard business practice of easiest path to profit and so spent the absolute least about of engineering hours possible retrofitting the JK kit to work on the JL, since it’s the same TVS blower on the same base engine. That leads me to believe that the Edelbrock tune won’t be worth the handheld it’s shipped on and there will be no after purchase support from them to make it any better. This is just conjecture though.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
4-6 weeks delay because of “covid”, which i guess will turn into 8-12weeks when all is said and done.
Is the for the Magnuson supercharger? There's a backorder?
Sponsored