Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I’ve been meaning to chime in on this thread for a while. I got my SC installed in March. Have 5.13 gears. Overall very happy with how it’s performed. I keep debating whether to go to 4.56 or 4.88 gears but it really hasn’t been an issue so haven’t gotten to it yet. I’ve used it to tow my boat multiple times with no issues, significant highway miles (makes fifth and sixth gears somewhat more usable - previously just stayed in fourth even at 80mph). Between the gears and the SC my fuel economy has actually increased. Planning to install the hikeit in the next week or two. Throttle response sucks below about 2500rpm but it was like that before the SC as well.
That's great to hear. I'm scheduled for my install later this month. Also running 5.13 gears, manual transmission. Question for ya - what causes you to consider re-gearing to 4.56 or 4.88?
Sponsored

bw_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
That's great to hear. I'm scheduled for my install later this month. Also running 5.13 gears, manual transmission. Question for ya - what causes you to consider re-gearing to 4.56 or 4.88?
really just to make first gear more usable. With my current gears second gets you to 47mph and third near seventy I think. Just considering. Not sure I’m going to do it. Pretty happy with how it is.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
really just to make first gear more usable. With my current gears second gets you to 47mph and third near seventy I think. Just considering. Not sure I’m going to do it. Pretty happy with how it is.
Cool deal, thanks!

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
stock gearset in my Rubi is sweet on 37" tires. I really never see 6th gear unless I'm up around 80MPH. Stay in 4th and 5th mostly on the highway. It loves to be at 70 in 5th ~2200 RPM. I get around 17 MPG on Highway.

My only pet peeve at the moment is the location or should I say relocated location of the ambient air temp sensor. the Maggie install requires a relocation of horns and ambient air to a location by the drivers side fender but under hood. temps are now all off more than 60% of the time and I have it in my head that its messing with my auto climate control. Yes I know.... I'm nit picking but it is the small things in life. When I have time (maybe in a year or so) I will try and see if I can make an extension cable.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
stock gearset in my Rubi is sweet on 37" tires. I really never see 6th gear unless I'm up around 80MPH. Stay in 4th and 5th mostly on the highway. It loves to be at 70 in 5th ~2200 RPM. I get around 17 MPG on Highway.

My only pet peeve at the moment is the location or should I say relocated location of the ambient air temp sensor. the Maggie install requires a relocation of horns and ambient air to a location by the drivers side fender but under hood. temps are now all off more than 60% of the time and I have it in my head that its messing with my auto climate control. Yes I know.... I'm nit picking but it is the small things in life. When I have time (maybe in a year or so) I will try and see if I can make an extension cable.
Thanks for the update here!

Sponsored

bw_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR

I've had the exact same problem. Sometimes it's 40 degrees out and my therm is reading 120. I've got the same thing in my head that it's impacting the climate control - especially when you want heat. Let us know if you figure it out.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Acceleration and Throttle Performance are very different things.

This kit vastly improves the Rigs acceleration north of 2k RPMs.

Throttle response is very different. Some can interpret it as a lazy throttle. I'm not sure I would describe it as such but it is very different. In my manual JL, I almost need to be engaging the clutch for the throttle to wake up. The throttle definitely does not like to be feathered.
Question, what about off-roading/rock crawling? I have a manual as well and I use my rig 90% of the time in the dirt and rocks. Thanks for the feedback.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any of you guys running a supercharger also have a hydraulic steering setup such as PSC? Appears they both want to use the space behind the grill/in front of the radiator for their cooling setups.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Any of you guys running a supercharger also have a hydraulic steering setup such as PSC? Appears they both want to use the space behind the grill/in front of the radiator for their cooling setups.
I haven’t heard of anyone running both. That’s the main reason I don’t have a supercharger, as the PSC is more important to me. But if someone figures it out.....I would definitely love the extra power.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t heard of anyone running both. That’s the main reason I don’t have a supercharger, as the PSC is more important to me. But if someone figures it out.....I would definitely love the extra power.
That’s exactly how I’m feeling about it. PSC is my next mod and I’d been thinking about doing a SC. If I have to pick one it’s PSC

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Build Thread
Link
That’s exactly how I’m feeling about it. PSC is my next mod and I’d been thinking about doing a SC. If I have to pick one it’s PSC
I’m in the same boat, I would love to have the extra power but better steering is more important to me.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Question, what about off-roading/rock crawling? I have a manual as well and I use my rig 90% of the time in the dirt and rocks. Thanks for the feedback.
drives fine. can't really feather the throttle. give it gas and she goes. I seem to stall a lot more on the trails when I'm doing hard stuff but I'll suck that. up to bad driving!
Sponsored