Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
It's odd that the JT with this supercharger seems to have no issues, but for the JL there are tuning issues.
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I hate to break it to you, but adding any FI system not designed and installed by the factory is never going to be "reliable" as stock.

Last FI install I did was on a toyota, with a system that was OEM designed and still had issues.

At this stage of development I would go with Edelbrock or Magnuson. Prodigy, no way. Ripp, maybe. Procharger, if I wanted a centrifugal yes.

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I wonder if there's JK owners that have this kit on the 3.6 with 100k miles? I'm OK if reliability isn't Toyota/Honda level...... Jeep level would be fine... Lol.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wonder if there's JK owners that have this kit on the 3.6 with 100k miles? I'm OK if reliability isn't Toyota/Honda level...... Jeep level would be fine... Lol.
There are quite a few if you look on jk forums and fb groups. It’s just that this jl 3.6 is a different animal and requires more “refined” tuning. I’m sure covid is making progress slow as well... busy doing other stuff to the Jeep at moment to worry about power at the moment. If your running bigger tires definitely regear and watch your weight is better served than adding power adder. As always YMMV.

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I wonder if the wear and tear on the engine by boosting is somewhat offset by being able to operate in a higher gear. I usually tow in 7th gear, but with 50% more torque I could tow in 8th gear even more effortlessly. Shouldn't need to downshift every time I need to slowly accelerate. Maybe I could get the members of the forum to pass the can and donate to my supercharger cause and I'll be the guinea pig :) ......lol.......it was worth asking.

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wonder if the wear and tear on the engine by boosting is somewhat offset by being able to operate in a higher gear. I usually tow in 7th gear, but with 50% more torque I could tow in 8th gear even more effortlessly. Shouldn't need to downshift every time I need to slowly accelerate. Maybe I could get the members of the forum to pass the can and donate to my supercharger cause and I'll be the guinea pig :) ......lol.......it was worth asking.
Exactly, boosting will keep lower RPM and higher gear with the extra torque. Can tell you first hand the effect as I was running big tires, armor, etc. Going up hills on the highway was the best example, way less RPM and top gear with the extra torque. If you live in non flat land and drive the highway to trails alot the SC would be most beneficial. Which is why down the line Ill probably bite the bullet and attempt the FI. Worst case tuning sucks and have to go back to stock or blow up the motor haha Whatever you do if going FI I would 100% recommend adding a AFR gauge with additional 02 sensor so you get real time data.

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Exactly, boosting will keep lower RPM and higher gear with the extra torque. Can tell you first hand the effect as I was running big tires, armor, etc. Going up hills on the highway was the best example, way less RPM and top gear with the extra torque. If you live in non flat land and drive the highway to trails alot the SC would be most beneficial. Which is why down the line Ill probably bite the bullet and attempt the FI. Worst case tuning sucks and have to go back to stock or blow up the motor haha Whatever you do if going FI I would 100% recommend adding a AFR gauge with additional 02 sensor so you get real time data.

I'll remember those 2 gauges. I have a mechanic that said he would help with the install and I think I can get the kit for 10% off. I'm very tempted.......even if engine only lasted 100k miles and then I had to find another......I'm still tempted. Diesel engine might have been a nice option from the factory and got similar torque but it's also $6k, higher maintenance and it's a new design. Maybe it will be an amazing motor.....maybe not.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
ha, only way I'd get a modern diesel is tune delete the EGR and emissions crap. Now that they are closing in on those vendors/MFG's good luck. Sorry the peoples republic of California influenced too many..

These engines are relatively cheap, Ive seen complete with trans for 4-5K from V8 swaps. Imagine 3ish is possible for motor only and you can recoup some be selling your core.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My 6-speed is good with it. her complaining is down since I shift less.

Sponsored

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1500 miles on my Maggie kit and my setup is holding strong. No issues. I drive on the highway and in the city. New York City. No issues. I've been stuck in some royally FU#$%@ traffic and the rig behaves normally.

just turned 35.5k miles on the odometer.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wrapped up a day of wheeling at Rausch Creek and was hanging in the Blue sections for most of the day. Got hung up on some rocks but had a blast. The rig held together like a champ. 80 on the way down. Wheeled for 5 hours and 80 on the way back. Maggie Kit is awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 528A1B8C-AE0B-4105-827B-4462F346E6FC

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Excellent to hear! And looks like you had some fun :)

Wrapped up a day of wheeling at Rausch Creek and was hanging in the Blue sections for most of the day. Got hung up on some rocks but had a blast. The rig held together like a champ. 80 on the way down. Wheeled for 5 hours and 80 on the way back. Maggie Kit is awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson Supercharger available $6495 528A1B8C-AE0B-4105-827B-4462F346E6FC

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hows the power down low in the rpm? Say 75MPH cruising no need to downshift for hills and such?

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
What's the recommendation for gearing with this supercharger, or superchargers in general? I currently have 5.13s and wondering if that works well with the supercharger. I'm also quite heavy, with 37s, LOD roof rack, roof top tent, storage box on rack as well, as well as heavy rear bumper tire carrier.
Sponsored