Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
From what I know of other people who have gone FI on Chevy stuff, no one relies on the tunes that come with the superchargers. They are only maybe good enough to get you to a real tuner who can tune your vehicle. I have a aftermarket turbo on my Pickup and it is a custom tune. My turbo kit didn't even come with a tune for that matter. I don't think tuning these things is as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be but you need to be able to have someone do a custom tune that knows what they are doing with this mopar stuff. That's probably the biggest challenge, getting a tune from someone who knows these mopar computers. I know the guy that tunes my Chevy wouldn't even want to touch my jeep. With that said there are people modifying hellcats and other hemi stuff. I'm sure some of those guys could figure the tuning out on these jeeps. Just my .02!
Custom protunes by a reputable tuner that knows what the heck they are doing are always better than off the shelf canned tunas. Problem with using a custom tune for us in the Kommie is that they don't fly for CARB. Has to be canned tuna. Therefore, it is imperative that the manufacturer gets it right, as we have no legal alternatives.
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Custom protunes by a reputable tuner that knows what the heck they are doing are always better than off the shelf canned tunas. Problem with using a custom tune for us in the Kommie is that they don't fly for CARB. Has to be canned tuna. Therefore, it is imperative that the manufacturer gets it right, as we have no legal alternatives.
for carb you just need the sticker, as long as obd stuff looks good (ie all sensors report ready and no cel) you are good to go. Plus don’t have to worry for another 4-5 years depending on what year you’re Jeep is for smog in California

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for carb you just need the sticker, as long as obd stuff looks good (ie all sensors report ready and no cel) you are good to go. Plus don’t have to worry for another 4-5 years depending on what year you’re Jeep is for smog in California
There have been reports that they have been changing policy with smog checks, that they are getting more detailed. I don't know the specifics, I just have heard a lot about more people getting caught, the OBD2 checks being more thorough, etc.

Hell, Ohio just fined the Diesel Bros $850,000 for disabling the emissions check, + $1,200,000 in opposing party attorneys fees, and Jalopnik was dancing and frolicking and cursing their existence and celebrating. I know that was a shop and not us individuals, but that was in Ohio. I'd rather not deal with it in Kali.

bw_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I just had mine installed last week. So far, excellent. Drives like stock unless you get on the throttle. Power gains are very noticeable above about 3k RPM. Very happy with it.

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
I just had mine installed last week. So far, excellent. Drives like stock unless you get on the throttle. Power gains are very noticeable above about 3k RPM. Very happy with it.
Videos please!

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
There have been reports that they have been changing policy with smog checks, that they are getting more detailed. I don't know the specifics, I just have heard a lot about more people getting caught, the OBD2 checks being more thorough, etc.

Hell, Ohio just fined the Diesel Bros $850,000 for disabling the emissions check, + $1,200,000 in opposing party attorneys fees, and Jalopnik was dancing and frolicking and cursing their existence and celebrating. I know that was a shop and not us individuals, but that was in Ohio. I'd rather not deal with it in Kali.
I can't see how they would know where your tune came from.

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Strangely, nobody (no vendor, no owners, not the manufacturer, nobody) has posted any videos. All just words, and a few install pictures.

Except for one. Found this online. This guy installed his kit at home and actually posted a video of it running. He did say in a previous video that he has an exhaust installed though, and it does sound in the video like it drones a fair bit.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My kit will be delivered from Magnuson direct this Wednesday. Waiting on the pressure plate/clutch recall and then installing. Hoping to have this in by June at this point.

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
The one thing that it's missing is supercharger whine...maybe I just didn't hear it, but the supercharger itself sounds quiet.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The one thing that it's missing is supercharger whine...maybe I just didn't hear it, but the supercharger itself sounds quiet.
I’ll be okay with no whine as long as the thing takes me down the road reliably and without the yellow lights coming on. Nothing worse than being the guy who ruined his own 50k truck trying to make it better. Not a good look.

Sponsored

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The owner said in a previous video that it sounds nearly stock, makes no significant audible noise.

Last edited:

Greg-1983

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Strangely, nobody (no vendor, no owners, not the manufacturer, nobody) has posted any videos. All just words, and a few install pictures.

Except for one. Found this online. This guy installed his kit at home and actually posted a video of it running. He did say in a previous video that he has an exhaust installed though, and it does sound in the video like it drones a fair bit.

Yeah, its my jeep , now again in the shop with tune issues .

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update : jeep was out for calibration , after 1 week magnuson was not able to figure out why supercharer is not engaging right and why missfire is present. Now I'm stick with this piece of junk for 6500.00 . It was worse decision ever and I hope this thread will help You guys decide NOT BUY this crapy system.
Magnuson cant fix callibration issue , they dont have idea what's going on . They also dont want to pay bringing car back to stock . Have my lawyer involved and looks like magnuson will have first court case .
Yeah, its my jeep , now again in the shop with tune issues .
Hey Greg,

Sorry for the confusion here, but something that popped up in my head because I've been following this thread (and your posts as well within this thread) on a somewhat-regular basis, as well as the YouTube videos (from parts 1-5 and then finally the driving video, I always enjoy seeing how things come together on cars).

I noticed that you posted these comments on March 1st and March 8th, stating that there were misfires, a calibration issue, and a lawsuit. I noticed that you then posted the driving impressions video on March 28th, with no mention of any of this, and showing you flogging the car with no misfires and no issues. The only comment I noticed in the video was that there was a bit of lag in throttle-response? (Which isn't great either.) But that this issue could also perhaps be attributed to adding 500 lbs of equipment to the car? (Supercharger + skidplates + other equipment, I am looking forward to that final video in this series).

Sorry to bother you, but could you perhaps explain this discrepancy? (i.e. Why post on the forum that things are a mess but post on YouTube 2 over 2 weeks later showing things are functioning swimmingly?)
Sponsored

Last edited: