Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

Greg-1983

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Update : jeep was out for calibration , after 1 week magnuson was not able to figure out why supercharer is not engaging right and why missfire is present. Now I'm stick with this piece of junk for 6500.00 . It was worse decision ever and I hope this thread will help You guys decide NOT BUY this crapy system.
Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Update : jeep was out for calibration , after 1 week magnuson was not able to figure out why supercharer is not engaging right and why missfire is present. Now I'm stick with this piece of junk for 6500.00 . It was worse decision ever and I hope this thread will help You guys decide NOT BUY this crapy system.
Please let us know if this gets resolved. Crossing my fingers for you!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Sorry for your pain - what a bummer.

See post #49 on this thread

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
If you were closer you could drop it off at our shop. We would get the issue resolved working direct with Magnuson. Our JTR has been flawless with the new system, I drive it every day. Sorry for your troubles.

greenmjeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hey bud. I am a bit confused. The SC is warrantied, expressly and via certain implied warranties. Why not require Magnuson to make good on the warranties?

I too am considering installing this product on a new 2020 Rubicon JLU. Per Magnuson, there have only been a couple timing issues which "have been resolved."

Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
If you were closer you could drop it off at our shop. We would get the issue resolved working direct with Magnuson. Our JTR has been flawless with the new system, I drive it every day. Sorry for your troubles.
I think it's easier to get FI right at sea level especially where octane that's 91 and above is basically guaranteed.If you did a trip up to 8000+ ft elevation and got locally sourced fuel with the highest octane available and had no troubles I'd be willing to take my Jeep to your shop. Driving from NM to CO I see from 5000 to 8000+ elevation and the highest octane available is 90 pretty regularly.

This is just my hypothesis from the various cases of FI problems I've read about. I would actually love to have a maggie on my JLUR.

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
I think it's easier to get FI right at sea level especially where octane that's 91 and above is basically guaranteed.If you did a trip up to 8000+ ft elevation and got locally sourced fuel with the highest octane available and had no troubles I'd be willing to take my Jeep to your shop. Driving from NM to CO I see from 5000 to 8000+ elevation and the highest octane available is 90 pretty regularly.

This is just my hypothesis from the various cases of FI problems I've read about. I would actually love to have a maggie on my JLUR.
For customers that are at elevation there is a pulley change that is needed to maintain the same boost as a customer at sea level. The computers base the fuel on the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor readings so the fueling should still be good at any elevation. Timing can be adjusted based on the octane of the fuel used.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
For customers that are at elevation there is a pulley change that is needed to maintain the same boost as a customer at sea level. The computers base the fuel on the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor readings so the fueling should still be good at any elevation. Timing can be adjusted based on the octane of the fuel used.
In theory, yes. For some reason, these adjustments seem to be tricky to dial in on the new pentastar with the higher compression ratio. I am sure FI vendors have a very good idea of what adjustments to make to allow for environmental variables and varying octane availability and would gladly implement them correctly but it seems like something is making that difficult (ECU limitations?). Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many cases of problems with practically every FI vendor and FI type.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I too am considering installing this product on a new 2020 Rubicon JLU. Per Magnuson, there have only been a couple timing issues which "have been resolved."
Make sure you go in with your eyes open. As I've said, people jump in enthusiastically with both feet, and then inevitably return with tales of woe.

You can set your watch by it.

thwart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Hello folks,
I'm new to the jlwranglerforums.
I installed the kit couple of weeks ago in the garage. I just had few hundreds of km on it right now. So far so good. Will share the video with you guys.
Thanks

IMG_20200124_224325.jpg

IMG_20200126_230220.jpg

IMG_20200126_230240.jpg

IMG_20200128_160627.jpg

IMG_20200128_213138.jpg

IMG_20200129_175153.jpg

IMG_20200201_202423.jpg

IMG_20200216_163034.jpg

Sponsored

Greg-1983

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey bud. I am a bit confused. The SC is warrantied, expressly and via certain implied warranties. Why not require Magnuson to make good on the warranties?

Magnuson cant fix callibration issue , they dont have idea what's going on . They also dont want to pay bringing car back to stock . Have my lawyer involved and looks like magnuson will have first court case .

Greg-1983

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Magnuson cant fix callibration issue , they dont have idea what's going on . They also dont want to pay bringing car back to stock . Have my lawyer involved and looks like magnuson will have first court case . And warranty which they provide is one big BS, looks nice on paper and website . Try to contact with them when You have serious trouble like I have . No communication and no answers after they tried " their best to resolve issue " but no luck .

greenmjeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hello folks,
I'm new to the jlwranglerforums.
I installed the kit couple of weeks ago in the garage. I just had few hundreds of km on it right now. So far so good. Will share the video with you guys.
Thanks

IMG_20200124_224325.jpg

IMG_20200126_230220.jpg

IMG_20200126_230240.jpg

IMG_20200128_160627.jpg

IMG_20200128_213138.jpg

IMG_20200129_175153.jpg

IMG_20200201_202423.jpg

IMG_20200216_163034.jpg
Please post the video and keep us posted. I'd love to hear your thoughts concerning performance changes. Thank you.

greenmjeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Magnuson cant fix callibration issue , they dont have idea what's going on . They also dont want to pay bringing car back to stock . Have my lawyer involved and looks like magnuson will have first court case .
How frustrating. Good luck.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
From what I know of other people who have gone FI on Chevy stuff, no one relies on the tunes that come with the superchargers. They are only maybe good enough to get you to a real tuner who can tune your vehicle. I have a aftermarket turbo on my Pickup and it is a custom tune. My turbo kit didn't even come with a tune for that matter. I don't think tuning these things is as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be but you need to be able to have someone do a custom tune that knows what they are doing with this mopar stuff. That's probably the biggest challenge, getting a tune from someone who knows these mopar computers. I know the guy that tunes my Chevy wouldn't even want to touch my jeep. With that said there are people modifying hellcats and other hemi stuff. I'm sure some of those guys could figure the tuning out on these jeeps. Just my .02!
Sponsored