Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just want to hear the supercharger noise.

I'm a child inside, I know. :) Noise videos please.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
It hasn't been mentioned before, so I will: Don't do it.

I don't believe that there has been a single hassle-free turbo/supercharger installation reported in the JK forums. Everyone goes into it full bore, and then sheepishly return with tales of woe.

And...I'm a forced induction fan; just not on a Wrangler. [except for the turbo-diesel that I'm ordering when the 2021 order banks open]

Last edited:

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
It hasn't been mentioned before, so I will: Don't do it.

I don't believe that there has been a single hassle-free turbo/supercharger installation reported in the JK forums. Everyone goes into it full bore, and then sheepishly return with tales of woe.

And...I'm a forced induction fan; just not on a Wrangler. [except for the turbo-diesel that I'm ordering when the 2021 order banks open]
We have had countless positive experiences with Forced induction here at Doetsch Offroad, including my own personal 3.6 that ran a RIPP unit on it. GOOD Tuner & good gas is a must

Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I really don’t think the engine/drivetrain can handle the power this puts out. Do we have any testing results other than a couple dyno runs? Any long term testing results would be nice.

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
I really don’t think the engine/drivetrain can handle the power this puts out. Do we have any testing results other than a couple dyno runs? Any long term testing results would be nice.
I ran 7, 8.5 and 10 PSI through my identical 3.6 Pentastar in my 2016 Grand Cherokee. At peak, I made 417awhp & 396tq.

I put 30k miles on that SC with no major issues to speak of until the new owner blew it up on garbage gas, climbing the AZ mountains in the summer. He has since rebuilt, lower comp and runs 12psi on pump gas reliably.

Last edited:

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I ran 7, 8.5 and 10 PSI through my identical 3.6 Pentastar in my 2015 Grand Cherokee. At peak, I made 417awhp & 396tq.

I put 30k miles on that SC with no major issues to speak of until the new owner blew it up on garbage gas, climbing the AZ mountains in the summer. He has since rebuilt, lower comp and runs 12psi on pump gas reliably.
I'd run the smallest pulley and vent at 7PSI to build boost as fast as possible and leave headroom for safety..just want the low end torque. I'm looking forward to seeing some feedback on real world usage traveling through changing altitudes and octane availability.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I ran 7, 8.5 and 10 PSI through my identical 3.6 Pentastar in my 2015 Grand Cherokee. At peak, I made 417awhp & 396tq.

Your 10.2:1 compression GC 3.6 is identical to the 11.3:1 compression ratio JL 3.6?

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I'd run the smallest pulley and vent at 7PSI to build boost as fast as possible and leave headroom for safety..just want the low end torque. I'm looking forward to seeing some feedback on real world usage traveling through changing altitudes and octane availability.
PD superchargers build boost down low, doesn't make any sense.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
PD superchargers build boost down low, doesn't make any sense.
It does make sense, I want peak PSI at the lowest RPMs as possible. Since superchargers run off the crank speed, reaching the peak PSI very early on mens the supercharger will surpass that peak with increased engine speed. Like you mentioned, these build up quickly at low RPMs and that's what i want to maximize.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
It does make sense, I want peak PSI at the lowest RPMs as possible. Since superchargers run off the crank speed, reaching the peak PSI very early on mens the supercharger will surpass that peak with increased engine speed. Like you mentioned, these build up quickly at low RPMs and that's what i want to maximize.
The moment the bypass valve closes you have boost on a tvs. Even if you made it work you'd probably lose hp spinning the supercharger faster then it needs tho be spun and have more problems with the belt.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
The moment the bypass valve closes you have boost on a tvs. Even if you made it work you'd probably lose hp spinning the supercharger faster then it needs tho be spun and have more problems with the belt.
I know, I'm not worried about losing HP, just want gobs of torque under the curve starting real early. A heavy-duty belt setup would take care of reliability. It would be a small price to pay for a significant increase in torque where it matters most and cheaper than a V8 swap.
Sponsored