First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I have been patiently waiting for an update with this project of yours. Do you have a thread on the gladiator forum going into more details about it all? I haven't checked over there in a while.
i dont. I had to head overseas short notice for something for work. Ill be doing a video this week when i get some time.
Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Not seeing the Magnuson or any Wrangler gear on the Pettyā€™s Garage website, anyone know if they stopped doing the tuning/installs? I donā€™t even see it listed as a part for sale.

KulasJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Kurt0 - curious if you used the stock Magnuson tune on install? Did you do the pulley (Maggie) and tensioner (Timken) changes to help belt slip?

Thanks for your feedback!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
@Kurt0 - curious if you used the stock Magnuson tune on install? Did you do the pulley (Maggie) and tensioner (Timken) changes to help belt slip?

Thanks for your feedback!
i did not use the Magnuson tune. I used daveā€™s, and it runs awesome. Timkins will quiet down the pullies a little. I have not had any belt slip issues after i got the tension correct. Ill switch to a gates green when i go to the higher power pulley. I personally disnt feel comfortable with the reports from the factory magnuson tune. Daveā€™s is universally praised, and Ive been very pleased with the performance.

im up in the air as to whether or not ill install the high boost pulley. Its reliable, but its looking like i might be headed back overseas unexpectedly so now itā€™s the question of put the truck in storage or sell it. Just when i got it finished.

sigh. fml.

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Looks like this roots style supercharger has hit the market. Lets start a conversation:

https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-19-36-003-bl.htm

what do we think about the power numbers? Is it a good or bad thing that they are going to push it harder than edelbrock? 3 year powertrain so it seems they are confident.

The Dyno chart starts a little late at 2600 RPM where it looks like the SC torque curve might be lower than stock. This seems strange for this style blower but maybe it is a power hog to spin.

Do we trust they have the ECU figured out while edelbrock and sprintex are still testing and procharger is out blowing motors? LOL

anyone have photos or any additional information? wonder what the inter cooler looks like
I recently purchased a used 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with the 3.6L V6 and a Magnuson supercharger already installedā€¦not by the dealer. Long story short, the dealership refused to offer an extended warranty due to the aftermarket supercharger mod. I searched elsewhere and the only company willing to offer an aftermarket warranty wants over $4k and that does not include coverage for the actual supercharger. If it dies the repair cost is on the vehicle owner and your Jeep is a paper weight until properly repaired. Magnuson does offer a 3 year 36k mile non transferable warranty. This is all something to consider, not to mention superchargers require a higher octane to function properly - at least a 91 octane. And thanks to Brandon, thatā€™s running about $4 a gal here in Colorado. My 2 cents: a JL supercharger is a good concept to gain HP but not ideal for Jeepers interested in maintaining warranty coverage and the piece of mind attached to it.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I recently purchased a used 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with the 3.6L V6 and a Magnuson supercharger already installedā€¦not by the dealer. Long story short, the dealership refused to offer an extended warranty due to the aftermarket supercharger mod. I searched elsewhere and the only company willing to offer an aftermarket warranty wants over $4k and that does not include coverage for the actual supercharger. If it dies the repair cost is on the vehicle owner and your Jeep is a paper weight until properly repaired. Magnuson does offer a 3 year 36k mile non transferable warranty. This is all something to consider, not to mention superchargers require a higher octane to function properly - at least a 91 octane. And thanks to Brandon, thatā€™s running about $4 a gal here in Colorado. My 2 cents: a JL supercharger is a good concept to gain HP but not ideal for Jeepers interested in maintaining warranty coverage and the piece of mind attached to it.
Fwiw, the Magnusson warranty is 3 years / 36k based on the original in-service date of the jeep (first sold) and not related to the date of SC install.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Fwiw, the Magnusson warranty is 3 years / 36k based on the original in-service date of the jeep (first sold) and not related to the date of SC install.
This is good information. My 2019 just went out of factory Jeep warranty. So if I buy a Magnuson now I have zero warranty. Thatā€™s good to know

azski

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (YJ & XJ too)
Occupation
LE / self
My Magnuson kit just arrived last week. It was a great christmas gift to myself. After I opened the boxes, I did what everyone probably does, spun the supercharger by hand and watched the internals spin. But while I was doing it I noticed a point every revolution where it got noticeably harder to spin. Barely noticeable, but just enough to feel. Its only slightly concerning to me, and I feel like maybe itll go away after it actually gets some revolutions in it, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience. Also, if there's any particular tips on install let me know, and is everyone going with the magnuson can tune or have others been found to work better?

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
My Magnuson kit just arrived last week. It was a great christmas gift to myself. After I opened the boxes, I did what everyone probably does, spun the supercharger by hand and watched the internals spin. But while I was doing it I noticed a point every revolution where it got noticeably harder to spin. Barely noticeable, but just enough to feel. Its only slightly concerning to me, and I feel like maybe itll go away after it actually gets some revolutions in it, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience. Also, if there's any particular tips on install let me know, and is everyone going with the magnuson can tune or have others been found to work better?
come on, let us live through you, show some pics.

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Itā€™s a compressor, I would expect it to have uneven resistance when rotating.

azski

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LE / self
Itā€™s a compressor, I would expect it to have uneven resistance when rotating.
Yes but unassembled itā€™s not compressing anything. Even still, spinning it by hand at like 1 rpm wouldnā€™t start to compress any air. I know what youā€™re saying and Iā€™ve felt that but this is exactly at the same point in rotation every time. Not that kind of kickback that a compressor gives when you rotate it.

KulasJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've been running this kit for a couple years in a '20 JLUR on 35's. Initially spent about 6 months trying to get smaller pulley tune to smooth out to no avail. Finally put stock pulley and tune back in and been smooth ever since.

Note - if you have someone who can tune properly, I do have the small pulley and correct belt. There's DEFINITELY a bump in power over stock pulley/tune.

azski

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LE / self
come on, let us live through you, show some pics.
Sorry I don't have any more exciting pics yet. I got my 19A clutch recall letter, so it seems like a good idea to have that done first. Plus, Magnuson makes a point of saying to have your dealer verify most recent pcm programming before going forward with their tune. Since the recall includes updated pcm flash, seems best to do that first.

IMG_2216.jpg
Sponsored