Bud
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aspiring 45y/o college kid
Immediately the Auto Start/Stop Light came on, and the backup camera does not automatically come on when I put it in reverse.

About 2 weeks later the check engine light came on due to battery mod. codes. Cleared them, came on again, cleared them and had the guys tighten battery terminals. Engine light came on again and it was radio codes. Also lost my satellite subscription immediately.

Not sure when it happened, but my reverse lights also don't come on. Checked fuses and they are working. Went about a week and half without the engine light and bam, back on. I'm sure the shop is hating me by now. If i took it to a dealer, im sure they would tell me to go take a hike.
Oof. That sucks. I have the start / stop issue, but it’s always been that way. Dealer attempted to fix once, but told me that my CAI / exhaust was a contributing issue. So I’ve just lived with that stupid thing, not really a problem. When it does work, I quickly disable it anyway.

I agree on the dealer reaction - not even worth attempting to have it looked at under warranty.
Have either or both of you guys performed the manual transmission re-learn procedure? When I initially set up my Tazer after going to larger tires, I spent quite a bit of time adjusting it to get the speedometer just right and wound up getting many of the same symptoms you guys are getting. After doing all my adjustments I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes or so, performed the relearn procedure, and all codes gone, radio works just fine, backup camera works just fine, all problems solved. I'd be interested to hear if it could solve you guys' issues as well.

Advertisement

Bocephus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '14 C63 AMG, '18 Expedition Platinum
Have either or both of you guys performed the manual transmission re-learn procedure? When I initially set up my Tazer after going to larger tires, I spent quite a bit of time adjusting it to get the speedometer just right and wound up getting many of the same symptoms you guys are getting. After doing all my adjustments I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes or so, performed the relearn procedure, and all codes gone, radio works just fine, backup camera works just fine, all problems solved. I'd be interested to hear if it could solve you guys' issues as well.
So I’m only have the ESS start/stop issue - no others. Have had it even when Jeep was bone stock, from the day I drove it off the lot (albeit used with 3k miles.) but, no, I haven’t tried your suggestion, and thanks for the pro tip.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue after regearing the axles. Disconnecting the battery did the trick for me as well. (6 speed)

For those that do it, you can’t just disconnect the battery. You also need to separate all the different negative cables from each other that mount on the negative battery post.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did it myself. Completely agree with you about the warranty, hopefully all remains well with it.

I put a Banks turbo on a TJ several years ago and this one was substantially easier. The only thing I didn't like was the placement of the ambient air temp sensor. There's no way it'll read properly under the hood so I extended the harness to put it back in the stock location.
i was just complaining about that. How did you extend the harness?

ART-DOC

First Name
Trent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU, 2017 Volvo XC90 T6
Thanks for the tip. I'll order a Tazer and try it.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aspiring 45y/o college kid
Thanks for the tip. I'll order a Tazer and try it.
Sorry, my previous post was a bit misleading. I didn't mean the Tazer-specific relearn procedure, I was referencing the Mopar procedure which you don't need a Tazer for (see attached). Hope it clears up your Jeep!

Attachments

ART-DOC

First Name
Trent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU, 2017 Volvo XC90 T6
Sorry, my previous post was a bit misleading. I didn't mean the Tazer-specific relearn procedure, I was referencing the Mopar procedure which you don't need a Tazer for (see attached). Hope it clears up your Jeep!
Cool. Appreciate it.

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2019 Duramax
i was just complaining about that. How did you extend the harness?
I had grand plans to swap the connector from the factory harness onto an extension harness for a IAT sensor. I pulled the wire out of the terminals trying to remove the stock connector so I ultimately just spliced it all back together with a little more wire. Works great now though.

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement