OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Added front and rear glide plates after smacking the diff a few times while wheeling. Originally I'd wanted the Rancho set front and rear but Rancho decided they don't support the casting of the front Dana 44 on the 2021 which would have required a 1" longer u-bolt. So instead I picked up the Rough Country glide plate for the front and had it powder coated to match the Rancho glide plate for the rear. Rough Country welds are terrible and the part is heavier than the Rancho part, but I couldn't find a fabrication shop that would make the U-bolt to the dimensions needed to fit the Rancho on the front.

In this shot of it you can see the Metalcloak tie rod and drag links to match the Game Changer lift. Those went on last week.

Front Dana 44 Glide Plate installed.jpg

Here's the rear glide plate, which I definitely prefer in terms of design and weight. Shame about that Rancho u-bolt on the front though.
Rear Dana 44 Glide Plate installed.jpg

OP
OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
After experiencing what many have reported, I fixed the stupid clicking noise up front. It was annoying in parking lots to be turning at low speed and hear "click click click" like a torque wrench. Simple fix though. Pull the cotter pins from the lower ball joint crown nut, give it a 1/6th turn to tighten, then insert a new cotter pin and bend it secure. I didn't tighten the upper ball joints as the clicking is like 90% gone after tightening the lowers, but I can imagine I'll need to tighten the uppers in the future.

I'm looking forward to replacing these factory ball joints with something beefier and preferably ones that can be rebuilt.
Steering Knuckle Lower Crown Nut.jpg

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement