Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Knows stuff about computers
Added front and rear glide plates after smacking the diff a few times while wheeling. Originally I'd wanted the Rancho set front and rear but Rancho decided they don't support the casting of the front Dana 44 on the 2021 which would have required a 1" longer u-bolt. So instead I picked up the Rough Country glide plate for the front and had it powder coated to match the Rancho glide plate for the rear. Rough Country welds are terrible and the part is heavier than the Rancho part, but I couldn't find a fabrication shop that would make the U-bolt to the dimensions needed to fit the Rancho on the front.

In this shot of it you can see the Metalcloak tie rod and drag links to match the Game Changer lift. Those went on last week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Magnus 2021 JLUR Build Front Dana 44 Glide Plate installed

Here's the rear glide plate, which I definitely prefer in terms of design and weight. Shame about that Rancho u-bolt on the front though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnus 2021 JLUR Build Rear Dana 44 Glide Plate installed
Sponsored

OP
OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
After experiencing what many have reported, I fixed the stupid clicking noise up front. It was annoying in parking lots to be turning at low speed and hear "click click click" like a torque wrench. Simple fix though. Pull the cotter pins from the lower ball joint crown nut, give it a 1/6th turn to tighten, then insert a new cotter pin and bend it secure. I didn't tighten the upper ball joints as the clicking is like 90% gone after tightening the lowers, but I can imagine I'll need to tighten the uppers in the future.

I'm looking forward to replacing these factory ball joints with something beefier and preferably ones that can be rebuilt.
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnus 2021 JLUR Build Steering Knuckle Lower Crown Nut

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
How would you compare the ride quality of the gamechanger 3.5 and Fox 2.0 to the stock Rubicon ride? is it firmer over bumps? softer? about the same?

I am considering a gamechanger lift but I don't want the ride any firmer than my stock JLUR.

Magnus is a 2021 JLUR. Modifications thus far include:
  • Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5" lift
  • Fox shocks PS 2.0 IFP front and rear
  • Metalcloak HD drag link
  • Metalcloak Dog-legged tie rod
  • Teraflex Nexus EF 2.2 steering stabilizer (Upgraded from 2.1 after bending that one)
  • Metalcloak billet steering stabilizer mount
  • Icon Rebound Bronze 17x8.5
  • Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT 37x12.5
  • Revolution 5.13 gears
  • Rancho Dana 44 rear diff glide plate
  • Rough Country Dana 44 front diff glide plate (Rancho front kit didn't fit 2021)
  • Borla S-Type 2.5" Dual Axle Back Exhaust
  • Diabolical Inc. Slipstream with MOLLE panels
  • Pedal Commander
  • Fab Fours Stubby Bumper
  • Fab Fours Sway Bar cover
  • Warn EVO VR-10 winch
  • Synthetic winch line
  • Warn Hawse fairlead
  • Warn Epic Winch Hook 10K
  • Smittybilt HD Pivot hinge reinforcement and tire carrier
  • Smittybilt Hi-Lift jack carrier
  • Hi-Lift 42" jack (to ensure it can fit into the garage)
  • Red D-ring shackles
  • Spiderweb Shade (white) front bikini
  • Paracord grab handles
  • Dash bar phone and GoPro mount
  • Redline Tuning hood struts
  • 10lb Powertank with Track Pack
  • Viair compressor

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I get a similar click once in a while and was thinking ball joints.
have you replaced yours yet?
I’m thinking dynatrac or apex.

OP
OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
How would you compare the ride quality of the gamechanger 3.5 and Fox 2.0 to the stock Rubicon ride? is it firmer over bumps? softer? about the same?

I am considering a gamechanger lift but I don't want the ride any firmer than my stock JLUR.
I feel like the asphalt ride quality is as good or better initially, but I beat this thing up off road so much that it's worsened over time. I bent the first aftermarket steering stabilizer and had to replace it, and now I've got a lot of squeaking in the suspension that sounds like birds chirping. I go full speed over speed bumps and I'm not bothered by it, though it's hard to say what that felt like with the stock Rubi suspension because I only had that for a couple months. Also, some of that asphalt feel and NVH has to do with tire pressure and I keep my Mickey T 37's at about 38, which is too high for some folks.

Anyhow, I can strongly recommend the Gamechanger. I've driven it 11 hours up from central Texas to the panhandle, wheeled it in Palo Duro Canyon at Merus, then drove it back on the highway and it felt as good or better than stock, save for the increased height and what that results in when the wind comes blowing across the plains (and obviously the gas mileage is terrible with the lift and 5.13 gears, me not having the diesel).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I get a similar click once in a while and was thinking ball joints.
have you replaced yours yet?
I’m thinking dynatrac or apex.
Haven't yet but that's on the list for this year. I've got so many noises going on now that I've got plenty to work on. The most annoying noise at this point is the squeaks from the suspension. I'm thinking control arm bushings or something, but I don't know. I just know the damn thing chirps like birds are under the chassis just cruising the strip. It's embarrassing.

Also, I still can't figure out the whistling noise coming from the engine. The tone changes between P,R, and D and it isn't the AC. Need somebody to look at that one soon.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I wonder if the chirping is rotational like driveshafts or compression of the suspension.
I’ve had MC stuff before and didn’t get any chirping. I know they recommend new driveshafts with their kits.

OP
OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I wonder if the chirping is rotational like driveshafts or compression of the suspension.
I’ve had MC stuff before and didn’t get any chirping. I know they recommend new driveshafts with their kits.
I replaced the drive shaft as part of the Gamechanger lift.

Compression of the suspension makes it chirp. Seems to come from all four corners, and it'll happen after I've parked in the garage, turned off the engine and hop down out of it. Just little chirps here and there as weight shifts.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Damn, bro?! Does your Jeep run on gas or testosterone?! Nice Jeep!!!!
😊👍

OP
OP
Caliper

Caliper

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
That sucks about the annoying chirp dude. Great looking Jeep otherwise. Be sure to update if you get it figured out.
Sponsored