Magnetic Protection JL using JK magnets

Tom S

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Was wondering if anyone has ordered and tried out the JK Wrangler model magnetic protection panels on their JL. Rugged Ridge sales the JK model magnets for around $200. MEK sales them for the JL for around $500! Not trying to win any beauty contests with the fit, just trying to protect a little on the trail. I would rather save some money and get the cheaper JK magnets if it fits the JL good enough. Anyone tried this yet? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Was wondering if anyone has ordered and tried out the JK Wrangler model magnetic protection panels on their JL. Rugged Ridge sales the JK model magnets for around $200. MEK sales them for the JL for around $500! Not trying to win any beauty contests with the fit, just trying to protect a little on the trail. I would rather save some money and get the cheaper JK magnets if it fits the JL good enough. Anyone tried this yet? Thanks in advance
Jk were made of steel, JL body is mostly alluminum

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
There aren't many parts of the JL body that a magnet will stick to. It's aluminum, not steel. Get a magnet and try it for yourself.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
If you are handy then perhaps you can glue strong magnets to the inside of the doors and then use the magnetic JK panels.. I have not seen anybody do that but if I were to get panels I would add neodymium magnets to the inner parts of the doors and body panels...