Magnetic Paint Protection Panels

mcgunny

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
SO, stupid question: can these be put on, the day before a trail ride, and then be taken off again and stored? Or are they a "stick 'em on and they're there until you peel them off" option?
I read their website but can't figure out if it's meant to be removable on the regular or if it's meant to stay
They can be peeled off - but it isn't by any means "easy" - they stick pretty good - I don't think you would damage your paint or anything like that, but I could see damaging the panels (causing creases in the panel) when removing them.
Advertisement

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
They can be peeled off - but it isn't by any means "easy" - they stick pretty good - I don't think you would damage your paint or anything like that, but I could see damaging the panels (causing creases in the panel) when removing them.
Thanks! Just watched the YT vid that was linked with the tutorial. it was interesting. I may consider this. I'm curious how they work/ store longer term. I get to go wheeling about once a month (if I'm lucky). Seems impressive.

OP
OP
REDSEAL199

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
SO, stupid question: can these be put on, the day before a trail ride, and then be taken off again and stored? Or are they a "stick 'em on and they're there until you peel them off" option?
I read their website but can't figure out if it's meant to be removable on the regular or if it's meant to stay
Won’t work for a jeep. They will work for other vehicles though. Look up GoatArmor. Guy I wheel with uses them on his 4Runner. They are nice.

mcgunny

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Thanks! Just watched the YT vid that was linked with the tutorial. it was interesting. I may consider this. I'm curious how they work/ store longer term. I get to go wheeling about once a month (if I'm lucky). Seems impressive.
They come with a large roll of the plastic sheet that the armor will stick to, so that you can stick the pieces to it when you take them off and just roll it for storage.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Won’t work for a jeep. They will work for other vehicles though. Look up GoatArmor. Guy I wheel with uses them on his 4Runner. They are nice.
Works great on a Jeep, including the JL

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Works great on a Jeep, including the JL
What's the problem with them, specifically? I watched the vid, they look like they'll work just fine- different backing than the JK ones. It's gel based vs. magnets.
Also, looks like Goat armor is only for Toyotas.

Last edited:

Abramovich

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
From the MEK Magnet website
  • Armor is designed for off-road trail protection, do not leave on for extended periods of time without regularly removing the Armor to clean it and the Jeep. A thin layer of dust and grime builds up from daily driving that may build-up under the Armor causing the panel to lift during higher speeds of travel.
  • Install (and store) only when clean and dry. To clean gel-back side, rinse with water and gently rub off any debris with clean hands to maximize and preserve adhesion life. Allow to air dry before reinstallation or storage. Do not scrub gel-back with any material.
  • Gel-backed Armor installation may take 1-2 hours and recommended before heading to the trails. Magnet panel installation should take about 15-30 minutes and can be installed at the trail head.
https://www.mekmagnet.com/pages/installation-care

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement