David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I will try that, but I could feel the tips pulling tighter against the bumper as I tightened the clamp. I will grab a couple of paint stir sticks to use as a wedge and see if I can get a gap going. I would not mind them touching, but they occasionally "knock" against the bumper.
I believe it is supposed to be a tight fit-but probably shouldn’t rest up against the bumper (for reasons that you cited).
The tips on mine sit about 1/4” off the bumper, which provides enough clearance to keep them from hitting. I would think if necessary you could slightly bend the hangars or possibly add spacers/shims to bring them down 1/4” - 1/2”. Also make sure the pipe is slipped on all the way, and the clamp is torqued accordingly.
Once everything is tightened down, there shouldn’t be much movement.

Let us know how it turns out, and how you like the sound.
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System F7417F8C-B8F1-4FAF-AFBA-0D5354939CC3
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System F3102870-1024-4F0B-9400-2BD6613A612F
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System 12287AED-E98F-49B0-BEC1-4D9407538FB1
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System BA42DACF-6FF9-4C29-93D9-40C2EF1D5FAB
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it is supposed to be a tight fit-but probably shouldn’t rest up against the bumper (for reasons that you cited).
The tips on mine sit about 1/4” off the bumper, which provides enough clearance to keep them from hitting. I would think if necessary you could slightly bend the hangars or possibly add spacers/shims to bring them down 1/4” - 1/2”. Also make sure the pipe is slipped on all the way, and the clamp is torqued accordingly.
Once everything is tightened down, there shouldn’t be much movement.

Let us know how it turns out, and how you like the sound.
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System BA42DACF-6FF9-4C29-93D9-40C2EF1D5FAB
I gained a little gap (maybe 1/8") and everything is bolted up tightly. I will have to see how it works going forward. To gain any more gap, I would have to bend the mounting bars or tweak the holes on the mounting brackets.

As for sound, so far so good. It is quieter than the Borla, but has enough sound to let you know it's back there when you get on it.

RickyMo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 dr
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I'm debating between the Magnaflow and the Borla ATAC. Sounds like most are happy with the Magnaflow, but I do want a nice "beefy" sound to it. Magnaflow enough? It seems that neither have drone issues. Another thought, I live in a humid environment and Borla's grade of stainless steel is a bit better for that (supposedly) but thinking MF will be good enough. Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated!

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
MagnaFlow is stainless steel as well. I had two flavors of Borla (touring and s-type) and went with the MF street series.

RickyMo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
MagnaFlow is stainless steel as well. I had two flavors of Borla (touring and s-type) and went with the MF street series.
I am leaning a bit more towards MF. How do you like it? Any drone?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am leaning a bit more towards MF. How do you like it? Any drone?
No drone at all. The construction appears to be slightly better than Borla. I had quite an experience with Borla - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ou-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/post-1408264

I like the MF, the looks and sound are very good--nice balance of tone and loudness.

I bought my MF from HottExhaust and if you use code spring399mp you can get 20% and it was free shipping and no sales tax - https://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19388

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
I put the MF on my '21. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "beefy" but I am happy with the sound. Works great for shifting with the MT.

RickyMo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
No drone at all. The construction appears to be slightly better than Borla. I had quite an experience with Borla - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ou-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/post-1408264

I like the MF, the looks and sound are very good--nice balance of tone and loudness.

I bought my MF from HottExhaust and if you use code spring399mp you can get 20% and it was free shipping and no sales tax - https://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19388
Yes I saw that and although it does cost extra to ship to Hawaii, it does seem to be the best deal still. Thanks for the info.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for the Magnaflow and Hott Exhaust. I have had mine on for a year now and enjoy it every time I drive the Jeep. It has a good balanced note to the sound and looks great.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Been happy w/ my Magnaflow too, looks great back there, better hangers than others that I've seen. The sound is mellow when you aren't on it, but has a nice deeper tone when you're on the gas.
No drone and just an easy part to live with. I wish there was just a bit more volume (since I was used to the Dynomax delete pipe) but I'll take quality of sound vs. quantity at this point in life :)

RickyMo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Been happy w/ my Magnaflow too, looks great back there, better hangers than others that I've seen. The sound is mellow when you aren't on it, but has a nice deeper tone when you're on the gas.
No drone and just an easy part to live with. I wish there was just a bit more volume (since I was used to the Dynomax delete pipe) but I'll take quality of sound vs. quantity at this point in life :)
Didn't like the Dynomax delete? I'm sure a bit louder than MF but any drone?

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
looks good, just ordered one. saving $60 in tax and no shipping is hard to beat.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Didn't like the Dynomax delete? I'm sure a bit louder than MF but any drone?
Liked the volume at WOT, not so much just cruising in the 1800 rpm range, kind of a low drone, not too obtrusive but quite a bit better without. If you could get that volume without that reverberation in that 1500 to 1800 rpm area I would probably still have it :)
But the Magnaflow also has killer looks too!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Still loving mine after about 3 years. The stainless still looks great and I've beaten the living hell out of the tips off roading and they have held up surprisingly well. The outside of them have some nice dents but the insides are perfectly round as they should be. You can't see the dents at all unless you get up very close to it, so it still looks fantastic.

I have the polished stainless version.

I use this to polish the tips and muffler about 4x a year or so. Great product!
Jeep Wrangler JL MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System 1620488621862
Sponsored