DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt anyone can feel 10 hp, seat of the pants. The reality is that sound plays a much bigger role in our "performance meter" than anything else. Thats the reason the cold air intakes sell so well. They make your Jeep sound mean (to you in the cab) and everyone swears they make a huge difference in power, but they almost never do anything. And I agree the new Jeep seems (and is faster than the gen 1) but since power is the same, the transmission is where the increase comes from.
I agree, but power is not the same. The Pentastar PUG has 14% more torque between 1,000 and 3,000 rpm. That is according to the manufacturer. That's enough to feel. It also shows up in acceleration times. My JLU out accelerates my buddy's 2 door 2012, which is lighter. Both are Rubicons, have 35's, 6 speeds and 4.10 axles, and both even have the MF axle back. Mine pulls away right off the line and continues to slowly pull away through 50-60 mph, where we quit.
Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
where did you order yours from? Direct from magna, or reseller?
North ridge at first, then auto anything, and now still waiting till apparently May 4th :/

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
This video has convinced me to go with magnaflow once my stock exhaust gets bashed in. Even though this a small block chevy I think the theory is the same. High quality mufflers make the biggest difference in performance. Even more than exhaust diameter.

Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
For anyone keeping score, the black cat back exhaust I ordered from extremeterrain a week ago (cancelled the quadratec order that kept being pushed back) still hasn't shipped despite being "in stock" and "arrives within 3-5 days". So I'm not sure what's going on with these black exhausts. Only one person so far has actually said they received it unless I missed a post.

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
I received mine and have it installed. At idle and low RPMs it sounds ok but above 3000 RPMs it sounds great. Raspy and bellows.... highly recommend. I got mine from Extreme

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone keeping score, the black cat back exhaust I ordered from extremeterrain a week ago (cancelled the quadratec order that kept being pushed back) still hasn't shipped despite being "in stock" and "arrives within 3-5 days". So I'm not sure what's going on with these black exhausts. Only one person so far has actually said they received it unless I missed a post.
Contact @XTJake and he'll help you out. He's a really good guy.

XtremePunesher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XTREME JLU
Occupation
Architect/Builder
6FF29242-051D-4D20-983A-3C71EC8510B0.jpeg

Installed !

73E21BD9-3292-4A99-92BC-D79203BBD43A.jpeg
Hey, I am about to order mine, but I came across someone saying that it doesn't go on existing piping. Did you had any issues when you installed yours? By the way it looks darn good on your jeep!!!!

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
It took me 15 minutes to take the old one off and a 30 minutes of cursing and trying to put the new magnaflow on then 10 minutes to put the old one back on. Took it to the muffler shop and it took them 5 minutes to take the old one off and 5 minutes to put the new one on and 20 minutes ridiculing me for not being able to do it. It slipped right on for them and they did nothing special

Sponsored

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I am about to order mine, but I came across someone saying that it doesn't go on existing piping. Did you had any issues when you installed yours? By the way it looks darn good on your jeep!!!!
Thanks!!!

When putting the pipe back on I did have some trouble it is a pretty tight fit just make sure when sliding them together that they are level with each other or it’s a real pain taking off the factory was bad just some twisting and pulling the hangers are a bit hard to reach

XtremePunesher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XTREME JLU
Occupation
Architect/Builder
Thanks!!!

When putting the pipe back on I did have some trouble it is a pretty tight fit just make sure when sliding them together that they are level with each other or it’s a real pain taking off the factory was bad just some twisting and pulling the hangers are a bit hard to reach
All right, thanks for the heads up.

XtremePunesher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XTREME JLU
Occupation
Architect/Builder
It took me 15 minutes to take the old one off and a 30 minutes of cursing and trying to put the new magnaflow on then 10 minutes to put the old one back on. Took it to the muffler shop and it took them 5 minutes to take the old one off and 5 minutes to put the new one on and 20 minutes ridiculing me for not being able to do it. It slipped right on for them and they did nothing special
Most likely I'll skip all that madness lol and go to my guys, that work on jeeps and for them it will pretty simple too. Lift helps a lot in some case.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Thanks!!!

Man, I spent hours fighting the hangers getting my stock exhaust out!!! I went to a couple of auto parts stores looking for one of these, but couldn't find them in stock. Save yourself a big headache and make sure you have one of these before removing your stock exhaust.

https://www.amazon.com/38350-Exhaus...pID=31KTcoBk34L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

XtremePunesher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XTREME JLU
Occupation
Architect/Builder
Status
Not open for further replies.