First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I had the axle back black Magnaflow installed by my dealer as part of the "package". Perfect sound, except the tips it contact the Rubicon's metal bumper. You can hear them clang every once and a while … Based on the way the hangers are welded to the muffler, the OEM rubber exhaust hangers are simply 1/4" too short. If I squeeze them with my hand, they lengthen just enough to make the tips sit 1/4" below the bumper, but obviously this is not a livable solution. Does Magnaflow monitor this board?
Sponsored

JLU Pilot

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite JLUR , 17 F350 SD CC, 17 Camaro 2SS Conv 50th, 60 F100
I installed the same exhaust myself on my Rubicon with steel bumpers and it fits great with no contact to the bumper. I would try loosening the clamp that attaches the Magnaflow to the factory pipe and then adjust the tips down a bit and then tighten the clamp back up. There is a little bit of play and adjustment before you tighten that clamp. Hopefully you can reposition them a bit. Good luck.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
@mlebofsky, we didn't have a problem on ours either.

X2 on what @JLU Pilot said, try loosening the mounts, see if you can get it to drop a little. Also check your rear bumper position, maybe you can loosen the bumper bolts and shift it up a small amount?

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Steel bumper on mine as well, no issues here either.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had the axle back black Magnaflow installed by my dealer as part of the "package". Perfect sound, except the tips it contact the Rubicon's metal bumper. You can hear them clang every once and a while … Based on the way the hangers are welded to the muffler, the OEM rubber exhaust hangers are simply 1/4" too short. If I squeeze them with my hand, they lengthen just enough to make the tips sit 1/4" below the bumper, but obviously this is not a livable solution. Does Magnaflow monitor this board?
I installed the same exhaust myself on my Rubicon with steel bumpers and it fits great with no contact to the bumper. I would try loosening the clamp that attaches the Magnaflow to the factory pipe and then adjust the tips down a bit and then tighten the clamp back up. There is a little bit of play and adjustment before you tighten that clamp. Hopefully you can reposition them a bit. Good luck.
^^ These are the exact steps to adjust the final fitment of your MagnaFlow exhaust system. It shouldn't be necessary, but you can have a helper hold the rear muffler assembly in place while you tighten the clamp to the recommended 40 ft/lbs of torque. If for any reason you are not able to solve the issue with these steps, please give our support line a call at 1-800-990-0905!

Sponsored

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Muffler.jpg
Just installed yesterday. Nice sound. Not too loud, quiet on the highway.

Bought MagnaFlow because I love what they do on OverHaulin

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
^^ These are the exact steps to adjust the final fitment of your MagnaFlow exhaust system. It shouldn't be necessary, but you can have a helper hold the rear muffler assembly in place while you tighten the clamp to the recommended 40 ft/lbs of torque. If for any reason you are not able to solve the issue with these steps, please give our support line a call at 1-800-990-0905!
Negative. Tried that. I have talked to a few others on the forum who have had the same issue. Don't know if it's a bumper positioning thing, muffler bracketry thing or what ...

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Muffler.jpg
Just installed yesterday. Nice sound. Not too loud, quiet on the highway.

Bought MagnaFlow because I love what they do on OverHaulin
We're coming back on the reboot-keep an eye out!

Negative. Tried that. I have talked to a few others on the forum who have had the same issue. Don't know if it's a bumper positioning thing, muffler bracketry thing or what ...
When you have a chance, please snap a few pics and give our customer support line a call at 1-800-990-0905.

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD

When you have a chance, please snap a few pics and give our customer support line a call at 1-800-990-0905.
Yes. Did that months ago. After the pics were received and reviewed, I was told by your customer service to try bending the muffler's welded on support arms to correct the problem. And they sent me a t-shirt for the inconvenience ….

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase

Rich Waitas represents the brand perfectly. After watching him put these exhausts together, I knew I would not look at any other product besides Mangaflow.

Sponsored

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Did that months ago. After the pics were received and reviewed, I was told by your customer service to try bending the muffler's welded on support arms to correct the problem. And they sent me a t-shirt for the inconvenience ….
I didn't get a t-shirt! Lucky you!

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Same. I had to cut 1 inch out of center pipe. I cannot tell you how pissed I was to have 1 inch removed from a 500$ "Bolt on" system.
guess I should’ve looked up this thread before trying to install the exhaust. The exhaust seems to be 2-3inches long and the instructions said to set the torq to 40-45 lbs and the v-clamp bolt that you reuse snapped. Now I’m trying to look around the parts stores so I can get replacement bolt. Not too happy with this install. Seemed like a legit product. Have been thinking about having it welded together. Thoughts?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
guess I should’ve looked up this thread before trying to install the exhaust. The exhaust seems to be 2-3inches long and the instructions said to set the torq to 40-45 lbs and the v-clamp bolt that you reuse snapped. Now I’m trying to look around the parts stores so I can get replacement bolt. Not too happy with this install. Seemed like a legit product. Have been thinking about having it welded together. Thoughts?
Update-
went to the local hardware store to get a bolt for the clamp. Otherwise the exhaust is rubbing against the rear frame member so I’m going to take it to the exhaust shop not to far away to see if they can’t get the pieces to fit a bit better and then I’ll touch up the frame with some pain. Otherwise been enjoying the sound and once you get to cruising speed you really don’t notice it. Been thinking about getting a snorkel to allow it to breathe better even though I replaced the stock filter with a aFe dry filter.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Update-
went to the local hardware store to get a bolt for the clamp. Otherwise the exhaust is rubbing against the rear frame member so I’m going to take it to the exhaust shop not to far away to see if they can’t get the pieces to fit a bit better and then I’ll touch up the frame with some pain. Otherwise been enjoying the sound and once you get to cruising speed you really don’t notice it. Been thinking about getting a snorkel to allow it to breathe better even though I replaced the stock filter with a aFe dry filter.
Hi Shadow, we'd be happy to go over the steps to adjust the fitment of your system and provide some pics if necessary. Please feel free to give our tech support team a call at 1-800-990-0905. We can be reached anytime from 7am-5pm PST.
Sponsored