First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you for all the positive words! We're a little late to this thread but happy to answer any questions you may have!

So....what's the point of the loop delete? I have the black edition on my JK, and have a JL ordered...
And why does Jeep put it on in the first place?
The loop is supposed to help equalize the length of the left/right exhaust before the Y-pipe, but really doesn't make any significant change in performance and gets in the way when running aftermarket arms.

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
I see a lot of reviews of the axle back having to be taken to an exhaust shop and people claimed they needed a pipe widener to make it fit. Anyone experience this? @Magnaflow

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot of reviews of the axle back having to be taken to an exhaust shop and people claimed they needed a pipe widener to make it fit. Anyone experience this? @Magnaflow
There are at least a couple on the forum who said they experienced that issue. It wasn't an issue, at all, for mine. Mine went right on and fit perfectly. It sounds amazing, too, especially with the doors off and top down. Not too loud, but just right to give the engine a nice growl and tone.

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara, 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara

Sponsored

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I had to on the axle-back dual model , local shop charged me $45. Just wish I hadn't fought with it for 2 hours before deciding it just was not going on. @Magnaflow

Last edited:

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Same problem with fitment on the axleback. Ended up being a non-issue. I ordered it through 4WheelParts and had them install it as well. Fortunately I had all the info I needed from this site to talk to them beforehand. They said they were well aware of the problem, they take it to a muffler shop down the road, flare it, then install. No problem.

And they charged me $35 out the door for the install so I’m happy.

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I thought I had mine on far enough, but didn't realize it was still an inch from the notch. I drove it around for a couple days not 100% satisfied with the sound and it felt like a slight loss of power. Took it to a muffler shop today, the flared it, now I'm 110% happy with it! They told me sliding it in the extra inch wouldn't make a difference in sound. But it went from a low stealthy sound to growling aggressive. Love it!

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So today I installed the black dual tipped Magnaflow axle-back muffler/exhaust. Let's just say it was an experience......

The pipe that was supposed to fit over the pipe coming from the catalytic converter over the axle was way too small to fit over the existing pipe. I barely could get 1/4 of it to fit. Having read about needing to flare the pipe a bit, I threw the muffler in my other car and drove to a local muffler shop. The guy looked at it and said "I'm going to save you $50, just go to Auto Zone and borrow their exhaust pipe flaring tool like I'll do and charge you for it, but they'll loan it to you for free"

So off to Auto Zone where they charge you a $100 deposit that you get back when you return the tool. I had to play with the pipe and went a little bit at a time, meaning multiple attempts at fitting it. Finally after like four flaring sessions, I finally got it wide enough, yet snug enough to fit properly. Total time spent removing the stock muffler, maybe 30 minutes as I decided to take off the two bolts on each side that hold the hanger bracket rather than wrestle with the rubber hangers in a tight place.

Time to drive to muffler shop, then Auto Zone, then four sizing attempts, and then final install about 4 hours.

My BIG question is, why is Magnaflow sending these out with undersized pipes???? Don't get me wrong, I love the look of a smaller black muffler, of the two black huge exhaust pipe tips and I LOVE the improved sound, but the install was way more difficult than it needed to be.

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Magnaflow - lots of unhappy customers here. Is there an explanation for this?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
@Magnaflow - lots of unhappy customers here. Is there an explanation for this?
If we want to start getting thier attention, we need to start leaving comments in the product reviews on thier website. We try to reach out to them here but they do not respond.

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
Well mine is going on today. Will report back if I have any problems.
Sponsored