First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Same. I had to cut 1 inch out of center pipe. I cannot tell you how pissed I was to have 1 inch removed from a 500$ "Bolt on" system.
guess I should’ve looked up this thread before trying to install the exhaust. The exhaust seems to be 2-3inches long and the instructions said to set the torq to 40-45 lbs and the v-clamp bolt that you reuse snapped. Now I’m trying to look around the parts stores so I can get replacement bolt. Not too happy with this install. Seemed like a legit product. Have been thinking about having it welded together. Thoughts?
Advertisement

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
guess I should’ve looked up this thread before trying to install the exhaust. The exhaust seems to be 2-3inches long and the instructions said to set the torq to 40-45 lbs and the v-clamp bolt that you reuse snapped. Now I’m trying to look around the parts stores so I can get replacement bolt. Not too happy with this install. Seemed like a legit product. Have been thinking about having it welded together. Thoughts?
Update-
went to the local hardware store to get a bolt for the clamp. Otherwise the exhaust is rubbing against the rear frame member so I’m going to take it to the exhaust shop not to far away to see if they can’t get the pieces to fit a bit better and then I’ll touch up the frame with some pain. Otherwise been enjoying the sound and once you get to cruising speed you really don’t notice it. Been thinking about getting a snorkel to allow it to breathe better even though I replaced the stock filter with a aFe dry filter.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Update-
went to the local hardware store to get a bolt for the clamp. Otherwise the exhaust is rubbing against the rear frame member so I’m going to take it to the exhaust shop not to far away to see if they can’t get the pieces to fit a bit better and then I’ll touch up the frame with some pain. Otherwise been enjoying the sound and once you get to cruising speed you really don’t notice it. Been thinking about getting a snorkel to allow it to breathe better even though I replaced the stock filter with a aFe dry filter.
Hi Shadow, we'd be happy to go over the steps to adjust the fitment of your system and provide some pics if necessary. Please feel free to give our tech support team a call at 1-800-990-0905. We can be reached anytime from 7am-5pm PST.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Shadow, we'd be happy to go over the steps to adjust the fitment of your system and provide some pics if necessary. Please feel free to give our tech support team a call at 1-800-990-0905. We can be reached anytime from 7am-5pm PST.
it’s alright now. Stopped by the local exhaust shop since I don’t have certain tools and they made the adjustment super fast. Now the exhaust is about half an inch from the rear cross member and is no longer stretching the rubber hangers. As I said the only thing now is to figure out the intake I’m going to go with(either ARB Safari Snorkel, or Flowmaster intake and snorkel).

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement