First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've run Magnaflow on almost every vehicle I've owned. Any recommendations for more clearance but without an aggressive sound. It's a 4-banger. I don't really want to hear it much.
Honestly, a good deal of people wheel just fine without damaging our Street Series systems- it's really just the hardcore crawlers that would need the Rock-Crawler system. At this time we don't offer anything in between the two series. Can't say we recommend it, but we have seen some customers change the center muffler on the Rock Crawler out to one of our larger units.
Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, a good deal of people wheel just fine without damaging our Street Series systems- it's really just the hardcore crawlers that would need the Rock-Crawler system. At this time we don't offer anything in between the two series. Can't say we recommend it, but we have seen some customers change the center muffler on the Rock Crawler out to one of our larger units.
I like to party. I'll be picking up your Rock Crawler shortly.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
aFe actually does have a full cat-back for the 2.0T! I haven't seen any decent videos going over it, but it is available.
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...3-409-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

And Pypes has their high clearance cat back system available that sounds AMAZING in video but it only goes over a hard launch, and with my luck it would drone like hell and I don't want to be out $500 for an exhaust I'm not digging.

I have the stubby version of this exhaust and there is no drone.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
More info about this please. I want rid of the garbage can looking muffler
Just look for the Pypes cat back stubby. The install took me about 40 minutes. I would suggest using or buying a 20$ exhaust hanger tool. Also having an impact wrench is a major time saver.

Only thing I changed was I reused the ball flange from the engine side of the Jeep, it made a tighter fit than the one they included.

I will try to do some audio later but really inside the cabin under normal driving conditions was barely noticeable, at WOT it’s clear as a bell but not ricey and I did drive at every MPH from 55-75 and never had a drone even on a slight grade.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Just look for the Pypes cat back stubby. The install took me about 40 minutes. I would suggest using or buying a 20$ exhaust hanger tool. Also having an impact wrench is a major time saver.

Only thing I changed was I reused the ball flange front the front of the Jeep, it made a tighter fit than the one they included.

I will try to do some audio later but really inside the cabin under normal driving conditions was barely noticeable, at WOT it’s clear as a bell but not ricey and I did drive at every MPH from 55-75 and never had a drone even on a slight grade.
Outstanding. you have any pics from the rear?

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T

Only thing I changed was I reused the ball flange from the engine side of the Jeep, it made a tighter fit than the one they included.

@Rploaded This is absolutely amazing to hear, thank you so much! Would love if you could get some audio clips while driving, or from outside the vehicle too. I love the tone of this system and the high clearance, really opens up that four-banger. I tried asking Pypes directly about the drone issue but they apparently never took it out on the highway much during development to fully check for it.

Last edited:

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Any chance you were able to get some audio?

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
All good! Hope you had a good trip! Just really anxious to get some more sounds of this system, bugs me to hell when all companies do for exhaust videos are one or two hard launches and that's it. It never lets you really get a good idea of how a system sounds across a wide range of driving.
......or how about some gains, power or even MPGs??? Ya know, dyno sheets. Why spend $400+ for a different sound, that could be better spent on other mods.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
......or how about some gains, power or even MPGs??? Ya know, dyno sheets. Why spend $400+ for a different sound, that could be better spent on other mods.
I spent money because I run 6+ level trails. Everyone else had exhaust damage “closed tail pipes or holes in muffler”, mine had not a scrape. So it was $400 I spent for purpose. I really wasn’t in it for sound, but I do enjoy how it sounds.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I spent money because I run 6+ level trails. Everyone else had exhaust damage “closed tail pipes or holes in muffler”, mine had not a scrape. So it was $400 I spent for purpose. I really wasn’t in it for sound, but I do enjoy how it sounds.
Nothing wrong with form and function

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a video on IG, the MF cat back sounds great and he said he felt some gains.
Sponsored