Sponsored

Magnaflow 19386 Rock Crawler Series Cat Back Exhaust System?

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I'm hoping this goes here as I couldn't find a specific thread for exhaust systems.

I'm looking to purchase Magnaflow's high tuck rock crawler exhaust system
Magnaflow 19386 | Jeep Wrangler | JL Models | 3.6L | Rock Crawler High Clearance Edition | Stainless Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System

It sounds great from all the videos I've watched and seems easy enough to install. My one question is about a review I found on Quadratec:

"This is a great sounding exhaust. The installation was not so easy. One of the pipes needed a pipe expansion tool so the pipe could fit into the female end of the pipe. Also, the straight pipe after the cat was about an inch and half too long. This system was not a simple bolt on. It required modification in order to fit on my 4 door. If you search on some of the forums, there are other customers who are experiencing some of the fitment issues with this exhaust. I sent an inquiry to Magnaflow it it took them over two weeks to even respond to me. All Magnaflow said to me was too bad and we hope you like the exhaust. I experienced poor customer service from Magnaflow and I will not buy another exhaust system from them."

If anyone has this exhaust, is this true? I've tried looking for these threads he's talking about where everyone is having issues and I can't seem to find anything.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly, those were early teething problems that have since been remedied. I remember reading those posts. They also had issues with the finish peeling.

Also, another thing to consider is what type of stainless they use. If you live in a wet and/or salty environment, T304 stainless won't rust but T409 will.

I recently installed the Borla Touring climber cat-back, and it sounds awesome! A bit more bass and growl during cold starts and acceleration, but no drone at any rpm. It's also made with T304

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm tempted to install an aftermarket exhaust but I'm always spinning the 3.6 along at 4k rpm for 30+ mins up and down the mountain. I get an Italian tune up daily lol.

I'm guessing that would get old quick...

OP
OP
K9-01

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly, those were early teething problems that have since been remedied. I remember reading those posts. They also had issues with the finish peeling.

Also, another thing to consider is what type of stainless they use. If you live in a wet and/or salty environment, T304 stainless won't rust but T409 will.

I recently installed the Borla Touring climber cat-back, and it sounds awesome! A bit more bass and growl during cold starts and acceleration, but no drone at any rpm. It's also made with T304
Thank you for that little bit of advice! I live In Michigan so YES very salty environment in the winter. I’ll definitely check into the Borla.

OP
OP
K9-01

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently installed the Borla Touring climber cat-back, and it sounds awesome!
Well I just bought the Borla! Thanks for the advice, it sounds awesome from the videos I've watched and looks easy to install.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon

so there is zero drone with this one? How is the exhaust flow? Do you feel any difference while accelerating or power wise?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
so there is zero drone with this one? How is the exhaust flow? Do you feel any difference while accelerating or power wise?
I can only speak of the touring climber. I've never personally heard the s-type version. No drone at various rpms and cruise speeds.

On top of the bigger and more restrictive factory muffler, the way they bend the elbow entering it caused it to slightly flatten. The Borla system is a more straight through design and the elbows and bends are done in a way that maintains its full inside diameter. This makes it flow so much more freely, and I immediately felt the difference in how the motor now seems to rev a bit quicker which allows boost to build quicker. It's not a huge difference, but a noticeable improvement over stock.

I'm also planning on installing the mishimoto intake and intercooler pipe, along with a DV+ blow off valve. These parts and the Borla system are just to lay a free flowing foundation for when a reputable company comes out with a quality and safe plug and play tune, which will be where the more noticeable gains will be felt.
Sponsored