Sponsored

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
...and if you are on Facebook this is a winner - back in the day.

I noticed some Jeeps had the spare tire on the passenger rear quarter panel and others on the swing gate, was it a choice? Or certain model?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
The rain test in the showā€”one would think they would have realized the hardtop rain channels suck at the front doors.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I watch the video on Disney+ last night. It was very good. They have come a long way from the 80's.

In the past, I have seen video of the Bowling Green plant (Corvette) of the 80's. I was actually surprised to see how archaic the 80's production of the CJ's were. I can't imagine the quality being that great with everyone being hand sprayed and with so much labor and assembly (alignment) by hand.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
It's pretty amazing how different the production lines are from the '80's to now. Looks like a lot more work went into the older models. Now we have all robots that weld and even roll the vehicle when assembly needs to be done on the underside. Back then they were doing most of it by hand. Lots of good looking Scramblers in that video!!
Back in the ā€˜80s Jeepā€™s weā€™re built at the Willys Overland plant. It was an ancient thing all made out of brick.
Todayā€™s plant is entirely modern and at a different location.
The old plant is all gone. Odd they saved the big Jeep sign that was built to look like rock. That used to sit outside the factory with a Wagoneer (sp?) or Grand Cherokee sitting on top. It was a prop for a TV commercial back then that they brought back to Toledo.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

The vid was awesome! My 8yr old daughter and I really enjoyed it. She loves our Sarge Green JLU80 she nicknamed Loki.
My Mojito! Green is Hulk. Going to watch this when I get home from the dealership.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So when the Jeep gets to the end of the line, how long does it then take to send it to shipping so it can be taken to the dealership?

Let's say it's a special order Jeep. Does it roll off the line and directly to shipping to be loaded onto a truck? Or does it go to a storage lot for a week or two first?
Sponsored