Threads
Reaction score
Website
blog.benbeard.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude & 2016 Subaru WRX Limited
Occupation
Director of IT
My Sahara also came with the M220 rear axle and the only option I paid for was the upgraded wheels and A/T tires.
I assume I also have the open diff.
Sponsored

OP
OP

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Those are the stock 17 in. sport wheels and they can hold the 315 width? Nice. I was wondering if they would fit. What did you pay?
They fit perfectly. 5 of them were 1200 at wholesale price.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Does the Advantek D35 have a 12 bolt cover also?

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
My Sahara also came with the M220 rear axle and the only option I paid for was the upgraded wheels and A/T tires.
I assume I also have the open diff.
They fit perfectly. 5 of them were 1200 at wholesale price.
If you guys look at your door jamb sticker, what is your build date? I'm curious if they are the same day, which would help prove the theory that they ran out of D35s temporarily and substituted D44s.

OP
OP

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
What size spacer did you use? would a 1.75 in. suffice?
No spacers, they rub when you turn completely but I haven’t even paid attention to it yet... I imagine a 1.5 would be enough

Nyjet123

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Also got the m220, open diff i believe, will be checking when i get it on the lift next. Definitely didn’t order the lsd

C4DA2E20-6868-42D7-A631-92A9AB2B6B4A.png

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Also got the m220, open diff i believe, will be checking when i get it on the lift next. Definitely didn’t order the lsd

C4DA2E20-6868-42D7-A631-92A9AB2B6B4A.png
If it’s a manual trans they come standard with the M220 with the limited slip. Autos get the M200 added with the 8 speed them swapped back out to the M220 if optioned for the limited slip

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
If it’s a manual trans they come standard with the M220 with the limited slip. Autos get the M200 added with the 8 speed them swapped back out to the M220 if optioned for the limited slip
Is that for real? They automatically package the strongest available axle with the weakest available transmission? What kind of backward crap is that? Lol. Some of the things FCA does just baffle me...like the dyslexic steering wheel controls and auto shifter controls. :CWL:

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Is that for real? They automatically package the strongest available axle with the weakest available transmission? What kind of backward crap is that? Lol. Some of the things FCA does just baffle me...like the dyslexic steering wheel controls and auto shifter controls. :CWL:
Lol, they add the 220 to the manual trans for the traction aid of the limited. Figure some can’t work a clutch properly is my guess

This is my buddies window sticker for example
Stand equipment is the M220, then the M200 is added under the auto and then the 220 come back with the limited slip option

0CA7CC60-3069-48B4-984F-107D1D8EBF9F.png

C1CF7506-DB84-46D5-8397-739199952D96.png

Nyjet123

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Lmfao I’d get your point if it was the other way around but by your own logic wouldn’t it be “smarter to level the playingfeild” if the manual was the weaker trans? Regardless, if you’re actually decent at rock crawling, or even basic off-roading, you should know how to drive a stick... like what’s baffling is how many people are taking their jeeps through minimal terrain and raving over how their Auto (American) tranny is so smooth...you know... cus everywhere else around the world uses stick because it gives the driver much more control/stability...and to me, your lazy transmission is the weaker link. All depends on preference and ability to drive... neither is “stronger”, only different. If we’re talking facts, you could make your point by mentioning how the auto trans in the rubicon fits the gearing ratio very well and for that reason has a lot of advantages, especially in loose terrain. I can’t see almost any with getting a non jlur though. Aside from it just being easier to handle for people. But then again, that’s why it’s preferential, convenience is a big draw for a majority of owners who use their jeeps as a DD.

Dodgen

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019JL, 2000TJ, 2007WK, 2001XJ, 1988MJ, 1998ZJ
AF17F49E-4315-44A5-AAAD-6A99CF2C4781.jpeg
So today I decided to put on a lift and tires on my new JL Sport S and noticed that it came with the M220 rear axle. It’s not anywhere on the sticker and I definitely didn’t pay for that option LOL (even though I wanted it).

The picture is after everything is installed and It’s the one where you can appreciate the axle better. Please tell me if I’m wrong hahaha

Do you happen to have anymore pictures of your Jeep from the side? Wondering what it sits like with the 315s...and what lift do you have?
Sponsored