M210?

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
Is the M210 front axle that comes in the diesel models the same as the Rubicon front axle, except for the e-locker and the width ? Also what makes the wide axle the wide axle?
Thanks.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Is the M210 front axle that comes in the diesel models the same as the Rubicon front axle, except for the e-locker and the width ? Also what makes the wide axle the wide axle?
Thanks.
Is it a diesel rubicon?

OP
OP

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
Is it a diesel rubicon?
If I go for the Rubicon yes it will be a diesel, but I was looking at other models that have the diesel in them and the window stickers all say M210 front axle. If you look at the window sticker of all models that are not the Rubicon model and are not diesel, I think come with a Dana 30 front axle?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
If I go for the Rubicon yes it will be a diesel, but I was looking at other models that have the diesel in them and the window stickers all say M210 front axle. If you look at the window sticker of all models that are not the Rubicon model and are not diesel, I think come with a Dana 30 front axle?
Yes...non rubicon gas-powered JL's come with a m186 front axle(new d30). My understanding is all diesels come with m210 and m220 axles...but only the rubicon diesel has the 1.5" wider version of the axles and lockers like the JL rubicon. All diesels have 3.73 gearing. If you plan to wheel the jeep on tougher terrain and you can swing it financially, I'd definitely opt for the rubicon diesel bc lockers and wider axles are meaningful upgrades. :beer:

Last edited:

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes...non rubicon gas-powered JL's come with a m186 front axle(new d30). My understanding is all diesels come with m210 and m220 axles...but only the rubicon diesel has the 1.5" wider version of the axles with 4.10 gearing and lockers like the JL rubicon. The non rubicon diesel has 3.73 gearing. If you plan to wheel the jeep on tougher terrain and you can swing it financially, I'd definitely opt for the rubicon diesel bc lockers, 4.10 gearing and wider axles are meaningful upgrades. :beer:
It was my understanding that ALL diesels would have 3.73 gears, even Rubi's.