Sponsored

M200 upgrade to 32 spline locking differential and axles.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The wiring was run from the actuator pictured, across and above the tank, jumping to the passenger frame rail in front of the tank, up to and through the firewall into the cab, and over to the drivers side footwell where he tapped into key on power. I opted to keep the switch placement simple and reversible in case I changed my mind later and put it just behind the OBD port where I can still reach it and see the light.

I just drove it home but I did engage it in the parking lot. I turned it back off and it seemed to want to stay engaged until I left the shop/old gas station parking lot... so not long at all. Drives like it did before.

So I guess I’m the first to do this locker on a JL. Then I went 32 spline from 29 with this locking differential as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL M200 upgrade to 32 spline locking differential and axles. 03977598-804E-4464-A9A0-C549C7008DB2

Jeep Wrangler JL M200 upgrade to 32 spline locking differential and axles. 10F9D15B-B0BE-4103-ACB2-2FB666739F1E

Overall I spent about 1650 on parts and $2,581 total with labor keeping the stock gears because I don’t plan on going past 34’s. I’m happy with the capability it should have now and parts are mostly stock and readily available.

I think my next thing to look at is protecting that rear diff plug.

Edit: I ended up going with 4.56 gears the following July. They’re 34’s but I still mostly lost 8th gear and wanted it back and wanted more performance overall.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dmccaskill

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jlu sport
How is the ox locker holding up I’m new to the form read a bunch of stuff on here started looking at locker options and found this wanting to do the same thing as you ox locker in rear and upgrade the shafts as well found u included a part number on the axles just wanted a confirmation that the install went smoothly and I’ve done my research right . I’ve tried to contact ox but I don’t think they understood what I was asking and I haven’t had time to call . The only difference is I’m going with a manual cable for now and see how I like it. Thanks

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
How is the ox locker holding up I’m new to the form read a bunch of stuff on here started looking at locker options and found this wanting to do the same thing as you ox locker in rear and upgrade the shafts as well found u included a part number on the axles just wanted a confirmation that the install went smoothly and I’ve done my research right . I’ve tried to contact ox but I don’t think they understood what I was asking and I haven’t had time to call . The only difference is I’m going with a manual cable for now and see how I like it. Thanks
Not one issue on installation. Everything went together as I was told it would by Randy’s Worldwide (I think they used to be called Randy’s Ring and Pinion) tech support. That tech guy knew his stuff and checked all the part numbers to see if everything else besides the axle shafts themselves were the same as the standard width M220 rear axle. Bearings, seals.

They didn’t touch the pinion because of my low mileage so they just needed to setup the backlash on the stock gears. If I was swapping those, of course that would be a complete gear setup. They did use new axle bearings/seals.

No leaks, no unusual noises. I haven’t had any chance to use it off road yet.

Dmccaskill

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jlu sport
Ok thank you I talked to a guy a Randy’s worldwide and did was unsure and I needed to talk to the people at ox locker and see who they design the locker for then I just decided get on here and ask you so thanks for the reply sir

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Ok thank you I talked to a guy a Randy’s worldwide and did was unsure and I needed to talk to the people at ox locker and see who they design the locker for then I just decided get on here and ask you so thanks for the reply sir
I must have gotten the good tech lol. I called 3 other places, including Ox, and they didn’t know. This guy was “on it” like it was any other tech question.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dmccaskill

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jlu sport
Think I’m going to go electric as well do u happened to know how long that cable u have it

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
this month its coming, im ready and waiting
Good to hear. I think it’s gonna be a regular thing for those with the M220 behind their Sport or Sahara. :like:

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
this month its coming, im ready and waiting
Man I can’t wait, I think it’s gonna be popular to get rid of the stock LSDs when they wear out.

Sponsored

DailyDouble

First Name
Niles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to follow in your footsteps.... Did u order the bearings and seals separate from the axles or did they come together from randy's? Am deciding weather to order axles and seals through the installer.. or myself.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I'm about to follow in your footsteps.... Did u order the bearings and seals separate from the axles or did they come together from randy's? Am deciding weather to order axles and seals through the installer.. or myself.
I supplied the new axle shafts, left that box unopened, and let the shop source whatever else they needed.

The tech guy at Randy’s was the only one who knew anything so I felt it was right to go ahead and order the axle shafts from them. The price was the best too. They gave me a military discount.

DailyDouble

First Name
Niles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The shop I'm going through said they wouldn't fully install the OX because they are prone to locking without actuation, and don't want the liability. Has anyone else heard of this?

looking like getting this set up is going to be harder then i initially thought unfortunately.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The shop I'm going through said they wouldn't fully install the OX because they are prone to locking without actuation, and don't want the liability. Has anyone else heard of this?

looking like getting this set up is going to be harder then i initially thought unfortunately.
That’s the first I’ve heard this. Being that it’s spring loaded to the open differential position by default, I’d be curious to know what physically happened to cause this IF this actually occurred and when it occurred.

Perhaps it’s foreign to them and they just aren’t comfortable installing something new. These aren’t lunchbox or Powertrax lockers.

DailyDouble

First Name
Niles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the first I’ve heard this. Being that it’s spring loaded to the open differential position by default, I’d be curious to know what physically happened to cause this IF this actually occurred and when it occurred.

Perhaps it’s foreign to them and they just aren’t comfortable installing something new. These aren’t lunchbox or Powertrax lockers.
yeah i have looked into it and best i can find is that their impression is based off of the OLD cable design which wasn't spring loaded (i believe). the cable pushed AND pulled the actuator fork.. instead of just pushing it, as the new version. looking for another shop...partially i guess why OX is little known.. their old one was a bit finicky. I still have confidence in the product, particularly after digging into it more.
Sponsored