M.O.R.E. Hide a step for JL now available

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Recently we viewed all the step options for my wife’s rubicon and she really didn’t like anything but it was needed as she is only 5” tall and I have a busted up back so just lifting my leg up to get in is difficult. Mountain off road had a step that pretty much hide’s away when not in use but it wasn’t available For the JL but they told me it would be soon. I called them back yesterday to get some updates on production and Steve said they were ready to go but not on there website yet. We ordered 2 for the fronts only in Black hoping they will be barely visible, for those that do heavy off-roading and rock crawling they have a quick release so all is good. Just an option for those that love the clean look of the factory rock rails.
Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Hey Carl, Does that mean that you can keep the factory rails on while using this step? Post pics when you get them installed.

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
That was the first question I asked as we love the clean look of the rubi rail! Steve response was absolutely. There on there way. Not cheap, I believe about 250 for two but well worth it to me. And the quick release feature in its self would be a huge plus to those that do the deed.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
That was the first question I asked as we love the clean look of the rubi rail! Steve response was absolutely. There on there way. Not cheap, I believe about 250 for two but well worth it to me. And the quick release feature in its self would be a huge plus to those that do the deed.
That is actually quite cheap compared to some options that fold out of the way; power steps are like $2k:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/aries/a...dN5wn0AwiMxIKN8A-XvslKyszlUM8xQRoCMoYQAvD_BwE

Sponsored

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
Recently we viewed all the step options for my wife’s rubicon and she really didn’t like anything but it was needed as she is only 5” tall and I have a busted up back so just lifting my leg up to get in is difficult. Mountain off road had a step that pretty much hide’s away when not in use but it wasn’t available For the JL but they told me it would be soon. I called them back yesterday to get some updates on production and Steve said they were ready to go but not on there website yet. We ordered 2 for the fronts only in Black hoping they will be barely visible, for those that do heavy off-roading and rock crawling they have a quick release so all is good. Just an option for those that love the clean look of the factory rock rails.
Newbie JLR owner that just purchased a passenger side M.O.R.E Hide-a-Step for my 5' 1" spouse. She said that the step could be extended a bit more but it's made a big difference getting in and out.

It's heavy, well built, clean looking and was installed by my garage in less than an hour. We still have the stock Rubi rock rails. Purchased during a Labor Day sale for $125 shipped.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Following - looks like a great solution

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Newbie JLR owner that just purchased a passenger side M.O.R.E Hide-a-Step for my 5' 1" spouse. She said that the step could be extended a bit more but it's made a big difference getting in and out.

It's heavy, well built, clean looking and was installed by my garage in less than an hour. We still have the stock Rubi rock rails. Purchased during a Labor Day sale for $125 shipped.
As someone who is about to buy a set of these for my kids and wife, I appreciate you coming in and adding some real world experience to this! Now to wait for black friday Jeep part sales!

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
What do they look like when retracted? The website shows retracted but from underneath.

I don't want the steps at all but my wife seems set on it...trying to find a solution that works for us both and this is possible.

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
What do they look like when retracted? The website shows retracted but from underneath.

I don't want the steps at all but my wife seems set on it...trying to find a solution that works for us both and this is possible.
Hey John, I don't have a picture handy. . . I'll see if I can snap one this evening. However, you really can't see it when retracted. There is a tiny lip (1/2 inch?) sticking out to grab with your toe. My GF is vertically challenged and this was just the ticket for her. . . . Works great, can't see it, (I didn't want a step), and can be easily popped off if worried about rock crawling. I'm running it with my stock Rubi rails and the Next Venture skids and there is no interference with anything. Strongly recommend. (I have it on both sides now.)

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Hey John, I don't have a picture handy. . . I'll see if I can snap one this evening. However, you really can't see it when retracted. There is a tiny lip (1/2 inch?) sticking out to grab with your toe. My GF is vertically challenged and this was just the ticket for her. . . . Works great, can't see it, (I didn't want a step), and can be easily popped off if worried about rock crawling. I'm running it with my stock Rubi rails and the Next Venture skids and there is no interference with anything. Strongly recommend. (I have it on both sides now.)
Thank you. Big fan of the price and low profile. I don’t hate some of the rail and step looks but if I can get away without spending a bundle on those, I am in. I’m tall and don’t see myself ever using it but never know when I’m injured or something.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Here’s a few pics. I don’t use them myself but my GF does…. I’m very happy with them. Can’t beat the price….
Jeep Wrangler JL M.O.R.E. Hide a step for JL now available 6A75D210-F4AE-4461-995A-6677F8ADC5F6
Jeep Wrangler JL M.O.R.E. Hide a step for JL now available 1C4D81F7-C565-43C0-8E84-12DDB1FC73DB
Jeep Wrangler JL M.O.R.E. Hide a step for JL now available 857B6A53-A513-41A2-9800-6D9960C7A86A
Jeep Wrangler JL M.O.R.E. Hide a step for JL now available D47EEA7A-BA12-4FEF-A8F4-FBBBD67876B8

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Just a review on these for anyone considering - best purchase I’ve made for my JL. My TJ was a pain for kids to get in and out and I wanted a clean look for the JLUR for kids and loved the stock rails looking so clean. These tuck up nice and are hardly noticeable while being perfect for kids to be able to get in and out. Also awesome that in about a minute I can pull the pins and remove them when wheeling so I don’t rip them off. I didn’t want an electric step as all of them don’t hold up long term when wheeling and used as sliders based on my experience. So these are the perfect budget friendly option to allow ease of entry and exit for kids and remove-ability for off road use.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
I have one as well, passenger side only for my short wife. She only uses it to get in, just hops out. Pics look just like MarkyMark’s, very hard to notice when up with the stock Rubicon rails and the install was super easy. I don’t like full-length steps so this was a good compromise of looks vs function
Sponsored