Sponsored

Lustine Chrysler Jeep Ram horrible experience (Rant)

OP
OP

Rob7181

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep (JL)Rubicon
When we went to buy our two door, they had supposedly done the exact same lift and identical wheels/tires to a Unlimited (4 door) and it was on their lot when we purchased ours. They stated it was calibrated perfectly, when I asked them during our debacle.

Both FCA and the dealership were aware of the time, issues and frustration. I spoke to both the service manager and the customer service rep from FCA daily during the 4 week period during all of the attempts to calibrate.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I spoke to both the service manager and the customer service rep from FCA daily during the 4 week period during all of the attempts to calibrate.
Well damn, everyday then? Okay.

So what is the outcome that you are seeking? What do you want from the dealership now? From Jeep?

The thing to remember about complaining is that it will only go so far before people get tired, fed up and stop paying attention to you.

Which is why I complain sparingly. :CWL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
When we went to buy our two door, they had supposedly done the exact same lift and identical wheels/tires to a Unlimited (4 door) and it was on their lot when we purchased ours. They stated it was calibrated perfectly, when I asked them during our debacle.

Both FCA and the dealership were aware of the time, issues and frustration. I spoke to both the service manager and the customer service rep from FCA daily during the 4 week period during all of the attempts to calibrate.

So they were not ignoring you? It sounds like the service department was just unqualified and did not know how to calibrate. You stated in another post you would have been happy with a couple of free oil changes from the service manager for your inconvenience. Would you really want this dealer doing anymore work on your Wrangler? I would go someplace else.

Sponsored

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
Rob-
I'm sorry this happened to you. I was looking all over the place for my Jeep- I was looking for a leftover that had at least most of the options I wanted at the time. Lustine was one of the places I visited in my search. The individual salesman was alright, but my overall impression of the dealership was not. Amongst other things, I told them what jeeps I wanted to look at before I went up there, and at least one had a dead battery from sitting on the lot for so long.

If you find yourself buying another Jeep, I recommend Safford CDJR in Fredericksburg (there are others, closer to you, but that's the one I used). I had a great experience with them. A few years ago, I had sworn I'd never return because of their service department, They fired some people, got their act together, and I have had great experiences from them since on both service and sales side.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Lustine is my local dealership... complete BOZOS!

I wouldn't let them drive my Jeep if it was parked on my shnuts.
Lustine is my local dealership... complete BOZOS!

I wouldn't let them drive my Jeep if it was parked on my shnuts.
Do not buy from Dave Dennis Jeep their high volume once you purchase their done with you !

hatwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlur
I bought my first Wrangler from Lustine (or whomever the dealer ownership was then)back in 1993. It was a decent experience.

In 2014, we had the WORST experience ever, so I totally sympathize with the negative vibe.

They are are high volume but low income dealership, and tend to try to capitalize on that populace.

edited to add- low income customer populace, to clarify. The area has become a plethora of low income immigrants (no idea to their legality).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rob7181

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep (JL)Rubicon
So to update everyone, FCA stepped up and sent us a check for the one month payment.

Still not a peep from Lustine! Guess I should not be surprised! Please save your money and find a dealer who will be appreciative!

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
So to update everyone, FCA stepped up and sent us a check for the one month payment.

Still not a peep from Lustine! Guess I should not be surprised! Please save your money and find a dealer who will be appreciative!
Call the BBB and make them HATE LIFE !

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

I had the same problem with Dave Dennis in Beaver Creek Ohio their one of the worst Dealerships in the US . If you don't believe me read their reviews that say's it all !

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I bought a 2018 Jeep JKU from Lustine in Woodbridge, VA in Nov 2018. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Robert Baza was my sales guy and they back stabbed me so hard on my trade in value of my older JK and also the value of the JKU i bought. I got screwed out of things i was promised i never got in writing and i never heard a peep back from them either after months of trying to get them to send me the things they promised. I ended up trading in my JKU for a JLU from Criswell in Maryland. They even checked up on me a month later to see how i was doing! Love this thing and i will always never recommend Lustine to anyone as they were terrible.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I bought a 2018 Jeep JKU from Lustine in Woodbridge, VA in Nov 2018. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Robert Baza was my sales guy and they back stabbed me so hard on my trade in value of my older JK and also the value of the JKU i bought. I got screwed out of things i was promised i never got in writing and i never heard a peep back from them either after months of trying to get them to send me the things they promised. I ended up trading in my JKU for a JLU from Criswell in Maryland. They even checked up on me a month later to see how i was doing! Love this thing and i will always never recommend Lustine to anyone as they were terrible.
I bought my Wrangler Nov 18 as well - worst car buying experience ever. Dealt with a slimball Mgr Brandon. I will never set foot back in that place. I got ripped off of $500 - their practices are old school car buying bullying. I don't know how they sleep at night.
Sponsored