Sponsored

Lustine Chrysler Jeep Ram horrible experience (Rant)

Rob7181

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep (JL)Rubicon
My wife and I bought a certified used 2018 Jeep Rubicon (dealer loaner) from Lustine in Woodbridge, Virginia on December 8, 2019. When we bought it we decided to have them add a 2'' lift, and bigger wheels and 35" tires. They told us to take it home and they would let us know when to bring it back. Unfortunately, this has been the worst car buying experience we have ever had. We waited three weeks for them to just order the wheels and tires (was told the lift was in stock) It took them two weeks to do the lift, wheels and tires, because they failed to tell us the wheels were on back order and not at the dealership when they requested we drop the Jeep off.

When we got it back the speedometer wasn't calibrated for the new tire size, which I specifically requested to be done. Initially I was told to take it to another dealership to have the speedometer calibrated, because it would be covered under warranty. When I called the other dealership I was advised they couldn't fix it, because it was Lustine's problem. Who pawns off one dealerships mistake or problem onto another? It should have been calibrated when the tires and wheels were mounted and I asked them to. They never confirmed it was calibrated before delivering it back to us.

So we took it back to Lustine after three weeks of them avoiding our calls and trying to pawn it off on another dealership. Then after minimal communication, we were told they were having trouble with the calibration. In the end it took them 4 additional weeks to calibrate the speedometer. I have texts proving they tried 35", 36" and 34" and stock tire sizes and every time it was reading off of the correct MPH. So they had the Jeep for a total of six weeks of the first 10 weeks we owned it, doing the lift, tires, wheels and the speedometer calibration. Are you kidding me?? Everyone says the calibration takes 30-45 mins, not four weeks. The service department is incompetent, so DO NOT take your vehicle to Lustine Jeep. In the end all the dealership did was say they were sorry. Again, are you kidding me?? When we would call for updates, Thomas the service manager, was snarky and kept telling us he was doing the best he could. Are you kidding me?? We aren't the first costumers to add a lift, wheels and tires and wanting the speedometer calibrated. Total incompetence!!
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My wife and I bought a certified used 2018 Jeep Rubicon (dealer loaner) from Lustine in Woodbridge, Virginia on December 8, 2019. When we bought it we decided to have them add a 2'' lift, and bigger wheels and 35" tires. They told us to take it home and they would let us know when to bring it back. Unfortunately, this has been the worst car buying experience we have ever had. We waited three weeks for them to just order the wheels and tires (was told the lift was in stock) It took them two weeks to do the lift, wheels and tires, because they failed to tell us the wheels were on back order and not at the dealership when they requested we drop the Jeep off.

When we got it back the speedometer wasn't calibrated for the new tire size, which I specifically requested to be done. Initially I was told to take it to another dealership to have the speedometer calibrated, because it would be covered under warranty. When I called the other dealership I was advised they couldn't fix it, because it was Lustine's problem. Who pawns off one dealerships mistake or problem onto another? It should have been calibrated when the tires and wheels were mounted and I asked them to. They never confirmed it was calibrated before delivering it back to us.

So we took it back to Lustine after three weeks of them avoiding our calls and trying to pawn it off on another dealership. Then after minimal communication, we were told they were having trouble with the calibration. In the end it took them 4 additional weeks to calibrate the speedometer. I have texts proving they tried 35", 36" and 34" and stock tire sizes and every time it was reading off of the correct MPH. So they had the Jeep for a total of six weeks of the first 10 weeks we owned it, doing the lift, tires, wheels and the speedometer calibration. Are you kidding me?? Everyone says the calibration takes 30-45 mins, not four weeks. The service department is incompetent, so DO NOT take your vehicle to Lustine Jeep. In the end all the dealership did was say they were sorry. Again, are you kidding me?? When we would call for updates, Thomas the service manager, was snarky and kept telling us he was doing the best he could. Are you kidding me?? We aren't the first costumers to add a lift, wheels and tires and wanting the speedometer calibrated. Total incompetence!!
Lusine ,Lustine ,Lustine,Lustine,
I'm begging of you please, dont ef up my Jeep just because you can

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I had the worst experience with them - long story but the Sales Mgr Brandon is ----- I will never go back there for anything. All over a verbal $500 promise....

Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish someone had told me before buying from them!
I'm sorry - hate that you had to go through this. I got ripped off on the front end - Brandon at Lustine got an extra $500 from me up front but I recommended Koons to a friend of mine and he bought a JLU from them (he was looking at Lustine)....

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I had the worst experience with them - long story but the Sales Mgr Brandon is ----- I will never go back there for anything. All over a verbal $500 promise....
I wish someone had told me before buying from them!
Hi everyone,
We are terribly sorry to hear about the unsatisfying service that has come from this dealership. Please know that for future services, our team is available for additional support during your visit. Feel free to send us a private message with any future questions or concerns when working with your dealer.

Kathryn
JeepCares

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Holy shit same here.
We drove three hours to buy a used Challenger.
When we got there they had "just sold it".
He told us he would put us in another one for the same price.
Which turned out to be 5k more.
When my upset wife called him on it he actually said "it's just a number".
My wife laughed out loud and said "then you are just a liar".
Never again.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy shit same here.
We drove three hours to buy a used Challenger.
When we got there they had "just sold it".
He told us he would put us in another one for the same price.
Which turned out to be 5k more.
When my upset wife called him on it he actually said "it's just a number".
My wife laughed out loud and said "then you are just a liar".
Never again.
Two years later and I'm still ticked off at him.

I was leaving the dealership on a Saturday afternoon bc we could not agree on a price - salesman kid runs out to me as I was backing out and says "we have a deal" - I left anyway bc I had things to do. A sales Mgr called me Saturday night and said the deal was still good. Went Sunday morning and Brandon Shanahan was like "what was the price we agreed?" - I said "32k otd". He comes back with "I never said that - I said 'what if I could do 32K otd' I didn't say I could do that price". Prick.

I was already emotionally attached to the Jeep and tired of dealing with it and bought it...I will NEVER go back to that dealership or any Lustine dealership and/or wherever Brandon Shanahan works.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your dealer experience.

But as far as I am concerned, to read that a Jeep dealer sucks is like finding out that water is wet. They all suck. It’s only a matter of how bad.

Worst part is FCA couldn’t care less; it’s too busy rising prices. Here’s yet another JD Power result, this one showing that CDJR dealers suck like no other:
JD_Power_Chart_B.jpg

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear about your dealer experience.

But as far as I am concerned, to read that a Jeep dealer sucks is like finding out that water is wet. They all suck. It’s only a matter of how bad.

Worst part is FCA couldn’t care less; it’s too busy rising prices. Here’s yet another JD Power result, this one showing that CDJR dealers suck like no other:
JD_Power_Chart_B.jpg
Wow.....good info. I have bought a Mini and that was a pretty good, painless experience. I've heard Infiniti is suppose to be excellent....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wow.....good info. I have bought a Mini and that was a pretty good, painless experience. I've heard Infiniti is suppose to be excellent....
JD Power ranks luxury and non-luxury separately, under the premise that the higher prices ought to come with a higher level of service. But apparently no one has told FCA this.

Here’s the ranking of luxury dealers. Infiniti is 4th from the top.

Lexus dealers have been in the top 1 or 2 consistently for 30+ years.
2019038a.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you compare the two JD Power charts above, you will see that Buick would rank above BMW, and Land Rover would rank only above Fiat.

Land Rover dealers must really suck!

Marchionne wanted to turn Jeep into a “Land Rover.”

We are getting there...