Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I had Pasta Jays one night and I was kind of disappointed. I still enjoyed it though as at that point I was starved and would have eaten anything. I don’t think I’d go back there though.
I’m speechless 😶

It’s half the reason I go to Moab. I urge you to give it another shot. It’s always been our go to for night 1 and often, nights 2,3,4, etc as well. I cannot get enough. I’ve tried to over sell it to family and friends, it cannot be done IMO.

The Hagan Option
Manicotti
Chicken Parm
Gnocchi

Also, pasta jays sucks, tell all of your friends to go elsewhere the week of 4th of July and Thanksgiving 😂

Actual footage of me eating pasta jays - NSFW audio

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I've had breakfast burritos from Wicked Brew drive thru, delicious and good prices. Not sure if they do lunch.
Dinner at the Blu Pig was great, BBQ type place.
Dinner at the Moab Diner, food was good and so were the portions. Old fashion style Diner.
Miguel's Baja Grill was good, the ladies getting margaritas were entertaining.
There are loads more places to eat at too. Everywhere I've eaten there was good.

If your just passing through and never been there before, I guess I'd say stop at the Moab Diner. Wide variety of food and an ice parlor too.
Breakfast burritos sound amazing, I gotta stop browsing these forums when I haven't had lunch yet.

andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is only one answer - The Moab Diner. It is in the center of downtown Moab. The food and service are great. It's perfect for a mid-trip stop. BTW, I love the Ice Cream Sundaes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lunch in Moab diner ma

Jeep Wrangler JL Lunch in Moab moab diner

andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
BTW, the Swinging Steaks in Mexican Hat is a very neat place to eat. The restaurant at Gouldings Lodge in Monument Valley has been good all 3 times I've eaten there.

Monument Valley is a tourist trap. Most of the "monuments can be seen form the highway. I much preferred Valley of the Gods. It's free. If you go through Valley of the gods from east to west, you come out near the base of the Moki Dugway. Turn right and make that drive too. Goosenecks State Park, on the way south from the Dugway, is worth a stop too. Don't forget Mexican Hat Rock!

If you are going to the south side of the Grand Canyon, you should go through Cameron, AZ. The Indian Trading Post in Cameron is the best one I have been in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lunch in Moab i-kRpFbXX-X3

Sponsored

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I’m speechless 😶

It’s half the reason I go to Moab. I urge you to give it another shot. It’s always been our go to for night 1 and often, nights 2,3,4, etc as well. I cannot get enough. I’ve tried to over sell it to family and friends, it cannot be done IMO.

The Hagan Option
Manicotti
Chicken Parm
Gnocchi

Also, pasta jays sucks, tell all of your friends to go elsewhere the week of 4th of July and Thanksgiving 😂

Actual footage of me eating pasta jays - NSFW audio
Ha! I think I'm biased because I make the world's best baked rigatoni.

Apples491

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR in Hydro Blue, 2004 Lexus GX470
I can't say I've had bad food in Moab. There are plenty of places that will not hold up to larger cities. Pasta Jays is decent Italian but not great Italian. The Spoke on Center is decent all around American. The Sunset Grill is a decent steakhouse (but the view at sunset is killer). Zax is a pizza buffet/CiCis knock off. The pizza isn't great but they're good for quantity over quality.

I can echo the stand outs. Milts for a burger and shake. The Moab diner (I've only ever done breakfast there) unless its Sunday. Fiesta Mexicana feels like a run of the mill family Mexican place but is actually excellent and the portions are huge with reasonable prices. The Blu Pig is very good BBQ but the portions are VERY large and the prices reflect the amount of food you're getting.

I used to make the brewery a must stop on every trip, but they changed management a few years ago and I feel like food quality suffered. It's been more than I year since I've been out there, so they may have gotten the kinks worked out. The beer is always good, so it's not a bad option.

And one that most people would probably overlook. If you just want a sandwich, The Village Market has Boars Head and will do sandwiches to order. For that matter, skip King Soopers all together and do your grocery shopping at the Market.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I can't say I've had bad food in Moab. There are plenty of places that will not hold up to larger cities. Pasta Jays is decent Italian but not great Italian. The Spoke on Center is decent all around American. The Sunset Grill is a decent steakhouse (but the view at sunset is killer). Zax is a pizza buffet/CiCis knock off. The pizza isn't great but they're good for quantity over quality.

I can echo the stand outs. Milts for a burger and shake. The Moab diner (I've only ever done breakfast there) unless its Sunday. Fiesta Mexicana feels like a run of the mill family Mexican place but is actually excellent and the portions are huge with reasonable prices. The Blu Pig is very good BBQ but the portions are VERY large and the prices reflect the amount of food you're getting.

I used to make the brewery a must stop on every trip, but they changed management a few years ago and I feel like food quality suffered. It's been more than I year since I've been out there, so they may have gotten the kinks worked out. The beer is always good, so it's not a bad option.

And one that most people would probably overlook. If you just want a sandwich, The Village Market has Boars Head and will do sandwiches to order. For that matter, skip King Soopers all together and do your grocery shopping at the Market.
Fiesta Mexicana is excellent! Had dinner there and I filled my hollow legs to the brim!

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like a number of excellent choices. Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
BTW, the Swinging Steaks in Mexican Hat is a very neat place to eat. The restaurant at Gouldings Lodge in Monument Valley has been good all 3 times I've eaten there.
Good to know about Goulding's Lodge. We're going to be staying one night at the Cabins at Monument Valley but the restaurant at the hotel there has terrible reviews so I'm glad there's a better option close by.

Sponsored

Pnbld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley

You are right the brewery changed.

Dewey's is excellent, think that might be where the old owners and or management from the brewery went

Apples491

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh! I nearly forgot. The Sultan Mediterranean Grill is in my top 5 Greek food places anywhere.

Apples491

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are right the brewery changed.

Dewey's is excellent, think that might be where the old owners and or management from the brewery went
I've never given Deweys a try. I've always avoided that whole plaza because I had no interest in dealing with McStiffs .... umm .... atmosphere. The name change didn't really register in my brain.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Breakfast burritos sound amazing, I gotta stop browsing these forums when I haven't had lunch yet.
Last trip to Moab was with my 2 boys, 20 & 28yo. We spent all ut one day on our dualsport motorcycles, including doing the White Rim loop, man that was exhausting, but loads of fun. Next day we took the Wrangler and stopped and got burritos and coffee, then went to Arches NP. We had breakfast at one of the first view points. Made for a fun relaxing, restful day exploring outskirts of the park.
Would have to rank it as one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. The burritos were good, but it was the company and the view that did it.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Last trip to Moab was with my 2 boys, 20 & 28yo. We spent all ut one day on our dualsport motorcycles, including doing the White Rim loop, man that was exhausting, but loads of fun. Next day we took the Wrangler and stopped and got burritos and coffee, then went to Arches NP. We had breakfast at one of the first view points. Made for a fun relaxing, restful day exploring outskirts of the park.
Would have to rank it as one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. The burritos were good, but it was the company and the view that did it.
Sounds like a great family trip :) Motorcycles, burritos, and a great view... tempted to go myself.
Sponsored