Lug nuts the same?

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
New to the site so hello to everyone. Just bought a 2019 Jlu Sahara. Traded in my 2008 sahara with the chrome rims but have an extra set I want to put on the new one. My question is this. will the 19 lug nuts fit the chrome rims. I know they will screw on, but are the lug nuts shaped any different as to length and that cupped end. If it’s s dumb question sorry, just don’t want the wheels falling off while I’m down the road. Thanks in advance. P.s. looked under the hood and where in the heck are the plugs on this thing. Lol

3B82EA96-813F-4CFD-B559-3C74F22107BC.jpeg

BC021FA9-254B-4861-B4B6-C8125E63B90B.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
If anyone has the chrome rims and could send me a picture of the lug nut that would be fine also. Thanks again.

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
If anyone has the chrome rims and could send me a picture of the lug nut that would be fine also. Thanks again.
make sure you use the proper ones. if not, they come loose, shear the studs and your wheel falls off on the highway. Been there, done that.

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
make sure you use the proper ones. if not, they come loose, shear the studs and your wheel falls off on the highway. Been there, done that.
Thanks that’s why I’m waiting for info.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Threads are different for JL vs JK
Jeep Wrangler JL Lug nuts the same? Screenshot_20210320-080732_Chrome

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
Threads are different for JL vs JK
Jeep Wrangler JL Lug nuts the same? Screenshot_20210320-080732_Chrome
Red Baron, thanks for the info. I’m wondering about the flared part on the lug nut also or can I just get any 14mmx1.50 lug nut. Thanks

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
threads are the more obvious thing - they simply won't go on properly, but my understanding is that there are also different tapers, which properly center the wheel.

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
threads are the more obvious thing - they simply won't go on properly, but my understanding is that there are also different tapers, which properly center the wheel.
Ok well that doesn’t solve my issue but thanks. I think maybe I will just try the lug nuts on it now with the chrome rims and see if the taper feels good. Thanks again.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I was under the impression that JK wheels fit on JL, and vice versa. You just have to use model specific lugs. I assumed that the lug seating is the same for JK and JL wheels, while stud size/thread is different. I've seen plenty of examples of JL wheels on JK, and JK wheels on JL.

Also, Quadratec and other vendors say specific wheels fit JL, JK, and JT. Looking at McGard specs for JL and JK lugs on Quadratec, seat/style is the same for both. I think you'll be good with the JK wheels as long as you use JL specific lugs.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I was under the impression that JK wheels fit on JL, and vice versa. You just have to use model specific lugs. I assumed that the lug seating is the same for JK and JL wheels, while stud size/thread is different. I've seen plenty of examples of JL wheels on JK, and JK wheels on JL.

Also, Quadratec and other vendors say specific wheels fit JL, JK, and JT. Looking at McGard specs for JL and JK lugs on Quadratec, seat/style is the same for both. I think you'll be good with the JK wheels as long as you use JL specific lugs.
This is correct. Wheels for JL and JK can be interchanged, lugs cannot. The size and thread pitch of the studs are different.
However OP is asking if he needs new lugs for his old wheels on his new Jeep. The answer is no, you don’t. You can use the current 2019 JL lug nuts.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
And to answer the other question, the spark plugs are under the intake, on one side.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
the issue may be the through hole diameter. 1/2" is about 12.5 mm. Your studs are 14mm. 14mm is almost 1/16th inch bigger.

OP
OP

Jeeptj1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sahara unlimited
And to answer the other question, the spark plugs are under the intake, on one side.
Thanks guys for all the info. Put the chrome rims on and seems to be same lug nut seating as the rims on it. So now how about that rear camera. Does it just un torque and I can put my chrome spare back on? thanks.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yes, JK wheels will fit
Thanks guys for all the info. Put the chrome rims on and seems to be same lug nut seating as the rims on it. So now how about that rear camera. Does it just un torque and I can put my chrome spare back on? thanks.
Should be ok, keep in mind the spare is only torqued down to about 60 ft lbs IIRC. All you should have to do is remove the center cap in your old wheel and put it on, that little plastic cover over the camera comes off if you need more room as well.
Sponsored