Lug nuts and Fifteen52 Turbomacs?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Hey all I just ordered a set of turbomacs for my JL, and I'm trying to figure out what lug nuts to pair it with. (I'm still searching through the forum also)

I was looking at gorilla auto lug nuts but I'm not sure if they'll fit in the bore along with a socket when installing. But I was also looking at method spline lugs but the seat contact seems like it would be smaller than the gorilla lugs.

Anyone have experience and cares to chime in?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hey all I just ordered a set of turbomacs for my JL, and I'm trying to figure out what lug nuts to pair it with. (I'm still searching through the forum also)

I was looking at gorilla auto lug nuts but I'm not sure if they'll fit in the bore along with a socket when installing. But I was also looking at method spline lugs but the seat contact seems like it would be smaller than the gorilla lugs.

I have the turbomac HD classics. they came with their own lug nuts. Not sure if there is anything I could look at or measure for you...

Edit: I double-checked and actually the splined lug nuts came from Discount Tire. I ordered through them so I forgot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I have the turbomac HD classics. they came with their own lug nuts. Not sure if there is anything I could look at or measure for you...
Hmm guess I’ll wait before I buy lug nuts and see if they come with my turbomacs.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software

fortney77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
Occupation
Broadcast Tech

Hey man, great choice of wheels! I was actually looking at picking up a set of turbomacs too today. Where did you end up buying yours from? Hoping for a Memorial Day weekend sale but coming up short.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Hey man, great choice of wheels! I was actually looking at picking up a set of turbomacs too today. Where did you end up buying yours from? Hoping for a Memorial Day weekend sale but coming up short.
I ordered straight from fifteen52! Still no ETA yet but I can’t wait. I emailed fifteen52 about the lug nuts. I’m told gorilla auto lug nuts will fit so I ordered a set from quadratec as well.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
I ordered straight from fifteen52! Still no ETA yet but I can’t wait. I emailed fifteen52 about the lug nuts. I’m told gorilla auto lug nuts will fit so I ordered a set from quadratec as well.
Gorilla makes a lot of different sizes. I’m not sure they won’t work but I have concerns about the ones you linked. Consider the ones I linked, a lot cheaper.

fortney77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
Occupation
Broadcast Tech
Awesome, thanks man! Can’t wait to see them on the jeep!

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Gorilla makes a lot of different sizes. I’m not sure they won’t work but I have concerns about the ones you linked. Consider the ones I linked, a lot cheaper.
I linked them to fifteen52 and was told they’d fit. I suppose worst case I’ll start a return with quadratec. We’ll see what happens when I get everything.

Edit: Cancelled the order for the lug nuts from quadratec. Going with gorilla #K6TS-14150BGR.
Do you have to torque it down more than other lugs? They seem thinner at the seat.

Last edited:

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
I linked them to fifteen52 and was told they’d fit. I suppose worst case I’ll start a return with quadratec. We’ll see what happens when I get everything.

Edit: Cancelled the order for the lug nuts from quadratec. Going with gorilla #K6TS-14150BGR.
Do you have to torque it down more than other lugs? They seem thinner at the seat.
I never torqued down the stock wheels so I don’t have a reference. I do know that I prefer my bmws hub centric wheels with bolts. Also, one of the wheels had loosened a bit on my way home from the tire shop. By the way, the quadratec set in black was only $40 and they seem equal to my Gorillas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I never torqued down the stock wheels so I don’t have a reference. I do know that I prefer my bmws hub centric wheels with bolts. Also, one of the wheels had loosened a bit on my way home from the tire shop. By the way, the quadratec set in black was only $40 and they seem equal to my Gorillas.
How are spline lugs? I grew up with my dad saying they’re always backing out and need constant re-torquing in his years working at a shop.

That’s interesting that quadratecs set is equal. Same diameter and all?

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
I’ll try to snap a pic side by side when I get home. The quality feels equal in your hand and they use the same adapter.

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I’ll try to snap a pic side by side when I get home. The quality feels equal in your hand and they use the same adapter.
Sweet thanks man.

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
chrome = quadratec, black = gorilla
Jeep Wrangler JL Lug nuts and Fifteen52 Turbomacs? 35AB3EB5-BEE0-42E7-B276-58E504EDA28A
Jeep Wrangler JL Lug nuts and Fifteen52 Turbomacs? 35AB3EB5-BEE0-42E7-B276-58E504EDA28A
Thanks for the photos man, they basically look identical. That lug bore does look tight like you said so I doubt OE lugs or those hex nuts from gorilla would fit when trying to install and cram a socket in there.
Sponsored