Sponsored

Luck Unlock interior buttons

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Tonight I noticed the interior Lock/Unlock buttons on my driver door were not lit. They are lit on the passenger door. The power mirror buttons still move the mirror, so I know the harness is plugged in. Anyone else notice their driver door lock/unlock buttons not lit at night? I guess I’ll have them look at it during the first oil change.
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I didn't think these buttons were backlit. I've never noticed them lit up on either door in mine.

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't think these buttons were backlit. I've never noticed them lit up on either door in mine.
My passenger door is definitely lit. There’s 2 roller switches on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I believe they both need to be rolled all the way up and the back lit lock switches should work.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
All of these lights went out on my JK over the years, but not that quickly. You should go to the dealership.

lagunajim

Tonight I noticed the interior Lock/Unlock buttons on my driver door were not lit. They are lit on the passenger door. The power mirror buttons still move the mirror, so I know the harness is plugged in. Anyone else notice their driver door lock/unlock buttons not lit at night? I guess I’ll have them look at it during the first oil change.
That wiring harness connector for the door down by your calf is notoriously unreliable - pins push back until they don't make good contact. Use needle-nose to pull them into place CAREFULLY. I'm familiar with this kind of work, so I actually push loose pins out the back, very slightly bend the little "wings" out that are supposed to hold them in place, then shove 'em back in fully.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That wiring harness connector for the door down by your calf is notoriously unreliable - pins push back until they don't make good contact. Use needle-nose to pull them into place CAREFULLY. I'm familiar with this kind of work, so I actually push loose pins out the back, very slightly bend the little "wings" out that are supposed to hold them in place, then shove 'em back in fully.
I took it to the dealership for its first oil change today. The technician said the pin in the harness in the door was bent. He fixed it and it works now!

lagunajim

EXCELLENT. One of the many nice things about Jeeps is that once you get to know them they aren't so complicated to troubleshoot.

Don't be fearful about using that connector routinely to remove your doors (I'm a big fan of doorless daily driving). When I said that connector is notorious, I did not want to leave the impression that it is super-fragile or nothing-but-trouble"!

Once it is dialed-in, it works fine. I also found that when I connected it I did NOT have to "ram it together super-tight" but instead I would just connect it (gently?) - that reduced the stress on those pins and still resulted in reliable function.

Have fun!!
Sponsored