Not open for further replies.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
So many of you probably heard that the Gladiator has grille inserts that flow more air than the Wranglers. Apparently, according to the parts catalogs I've looked through, the 2020 Wranglers come with these inserts as well, so no need to change them on this year model.
Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
post #9 might be a good reference for supplemental instructions.
I know that. But anyone else who purchases the cooler won't find a link to that in the instructions. I was commenting on the instructions. And though while he said that was from the service manual, it was abbreviated, and didn't include all the necessary information that needed.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Is a deeper transmission pan availble and or a good idea with the 8HP75? Seems like in my TJ having more fluid made more difference than adding the RV trans cooler

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got around to installing this. I knew it would be a pain because I needed to remove my winch, which meant I also needed to remove my front LP6 lights and bumper. Not a job I was looking forward to. But...my Warn winch died (motor full of water). Anyhow, while I was fixing the winch (cleaned and fixed), I decided to install the cooler. The installation was pretty basic. The instructions were OK. As it turned out, they weren't clear on a few steps, but I just did what needed to be done.

There was one fitment issue, albeit minor. The front, upper cooler mount didn't fit well to the radiator where it screwed in. The tab was under stress, further stressing the radiator mount. This was easily resolved by shaving the tab a bit. The picture with the red arrow shows the point of contact before shaving the tab.

While the instructions may have been lacking, I'll let you guys figure that stuff out, but I'd like to add a tip. When you're putting the lines back into the cooler, it can seem that they may have fully gone back in place, and it doesn't feel like it'll go into place no matter how much you push it in. I had one like that, but I suspected it wasn't all the way in. Run an angled pick tool around the back side of where the line goes in. Make sure the pick moves the clip that holds the line in place. If you can't move the the clip, the line isn't all the way in, and it's not being secured by the clip.

I haven't run it yet, nor have I finished adjusting the fluid level. I ran out of light this evening.

2020-12-06_18-23-53.jpg

20201206_141908.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
There was one fitment issue, albeit minor. The front, upper cooler mount didn't fit well to the radiator where it screwed in. The tab was under stress, further stressing the radiator mount. This was easily resolved by shaving the tab a bit. The picture with the red arrow shows the point of contact before shaving the tab.
Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing your experience and apologies for not responding sooner - the holiday season is extremely busy here. Did the cooler have any room to move to the right in that picture or would the lines/something on the other side prevent that? We slotted those mounts because we found a large variance in tolerance between test-fit vehicles, but it's possible the variance goes toward the tight side as well.

Thanks,
-Steve

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing your experience and apologies for not responding sooner - the holiday season is extremely busy here. Did the cooler have any room to move to the right in that picture or would the lines/something on the other side prevent that? We slotted those mounts because we found a large variance in tolerance between test-fit vehicles, but it's possible the variance goes toward the tight side as well.

Thanks,
-Steve
Hello Steve,
If you recall how the cooler mounts, there are two screws on the left side of the cooler (passenger side). One screws in from the front (this bracket), and the other screws in from the side. The bracket for the one on the side is what limits the cooler from moving to the right (driver's side).

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Does this work with the 8HP75 behind the diesel as well?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.