Sponsored

Lower (front) Fender Flare trim piece on Sahara’s and Rubicon’s - is it removable?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Folks - I may have a slight scuff on the lower fender flare piece that will drive me nuts unless I address it.

My question is - is that lower trim piece removable (it’s the lower black trim piece in this pic under the DRL and turn sig lamp, and goes all the way along the fender flare)? for those of you that have removed that black lower flare trim piece, how did you do it? Note that for the Sport and Sport S models, that entire fender flare including the lower piece is all ONE PIECE. Not true with the Sahara or rubicon.

I am trying to contact my dealership to see if I can purchase that lower piece separately, and they say I have to buy the WHOLE fender flare piece. I think that’s crazy. I just need the lower piece.

Help. Thanks in advance.

A331A6CB-3DE0-49A8-979A-62443F8CF551.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Bump.

Those of you of fit 37’s? Never removed that trim or thought about it?

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
[
Bump.

Those of you of fit 37’s? Never removed that trim or thought about it?
Following for two reasons
1. I play in the mud, and these damn 2 piece flares trap and HOLD it. I’m carrying around parts of 3 states everywhere I go.. the flare/fender joint is another joy.
2. Until there’s a better looking DRL/turn signal solution aftermarket, I’d like to see if anyone has tried a DIY cut flare.

I am anxious to see Metalcloak’s
Cant believe these are real. My wife just showed them to me on Instagram and I thought they were some sort of photoshopped mostrosity.:puke:

Metalcloak teased theirs which I do like :rock:
IMG_7118.jpg

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Folks - I may have a slight scuff on the lower fender flare piece that will drive me nuts unless I address it.

My question is - is that lower trim piece removable (it’s the lower black trim piece in this pic under the DRL and turn sig lamp, and goes all the way along the fender flare)? for those of you that have removed that black lower flare trim piece, how did you do it? Note that for the Sport and Sport S models, that entire fender flare including the lower piece is all ONE PIECE. Not true with the Sahara or rubicon.

I am trying to contact my dealership to see if I can purchase that lower piece separately, and they say I have to buy the WHOLE fender flare piece. I think that’s crazy. I just need the lower piece.

Help. Thanks in advance.

A331A6CB-3DE0-49A8-979A-62443F8CF551.jpeg
I haven’t tried this myself, but just saw a YouTube video from Lite Brite about their JLUR and they said the lower piece was removable and that there is an aftermarket bracket to support the front of the fender. They said the bracket also had a spot to mount a side light...no specifics if it will fit the stock turn signal or anything...just that it had a mount for a light.

They talk about the fenders around the 8:25 mark. Hope this helps...

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager

Sponsored

rcgait1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW F80 M3, 2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
So is the the trim a separate part number?

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
that's a good question?.... the trim along the bottom? I'd imagine it is, your dealer would know for sure. Just go to the parts department and they have a cad like drawing with lots of boxes and cues for part numbers and options!

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
Even though this is a four year old thread, it's not a separately available piece. The trim and fender are plastic welded together in many places. If you find one (most people will remove that piece during a "fender chop") it won't be held in place the way it is from factory. I would be on the lookout for someone planning on doing a fender chop and see if you can swap fenders.
Sponsored