Low Voltage Issue on the 2.0L - Turbo Boost Lag

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
So what y'all are saying is that shutting the jeep off and having an ice cold refreshment is good for the charging system? As if we needed another excuse to do that.
Sponsored

DexterJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU Rubicon X, 19 JLU Rubicon, 23 JL392XR
Vehicle Showcase
So what y'all are saying is that shutting the jeep off and having an ice cold refreshment is good for the charging system? As if we needed another excuse to do that.
I think that's good for life in general! ;):beer:

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Alright, got my Jeep back this afternoon. They were familiar with the problem as others have brought it in for similar concerns. Here's the RO line:

12260 FLASHED PCM AND ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKE MODULE FOR UPDATES. NO CODE AFTER FLASH

Supposedly these are both on the 48v bus. I guess we'll see what happens next time I go up on a trail. I'm considering buying a portable jump box to take with me. Any particular one this group would suggest?

Blackjeepjlu

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Got ours back from the dealer today. Findings are:
Jeep Wrangler JL Low Voltage Issue on the 2.0L - Turbo Boost Lag 1600556054338

Hopefully, it's fixed but we won't be using 4L again until our next off road event in November and it's here in Texas so no real elevation.

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler unlimited rubicon
Totally understand! We had planned on doing Black Bear and Imogene but after it died on us and spent the night on the mountain ( the jeep not us) we opted to just hang around town and not risk any of the bigger trails. Ours is at the dealer now, yesterday it was they thought it was just a battery issue and would be fixed same day, today they're running all kinds of diagnostics on it trying to figure it out. Will keep the thread updated with what we find out.
Same thing happened again to me at 12kft last Saturday. Has anyone seen anything from Jeep on this issue? The dealer could find nothing the last time this happened.

Sponsored

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, there is an open case for this issue with Jeep Wave. Thank you for your assistance.
Any outcome from Jeep? I still have the problem and have no resolution. They had no record of any issue with this problem per the Jeep service 800 number as of yesterday 9/22/20.

Last edited:

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate to say my man, but as somebody who has been dealing with this for over a year, and has discussed this same issue with a couple other people, I’m afraid the response we all get from the dealership is “can’t reproduce, no problem found”. If you get it in there quick enough the codes will be stored, but in my experience if everything is functioning properly as they drive it down a paved road in 2 high, they won’t be able to do anything.
I take mine to AutoNation West.
Exactly! Jeep needs to address this, not just schedule appointments where nothing can be found.

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This wonky low battery and eventual shutdown happened again to me last Saturday, 9/19/20. I was on a high altitude 4 wheel pass at the time. I had taken the jlu into the dealer last year when this happened. They could see the trouble codes but could not find any problems. After seeing that this seems to be a relatively common problem given this string, I just called the Jeep customer service line. The rep could find no actions being taken, or even recognized with this issue. (Btw. jeepcares just gave me an auto reply offering to help me make an appointment, like I need that)
I suggest that everyone call the Jeep service line and Have the rep log this on their maintenance record so that It does not get ignored.

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
I have my third service appointment, tomorrow. I’ll keep everyone updated on the outcome. Please continue to post your own experiences so we can help everyone find a resolution to this issue.

Sponsored

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I have my third service appointment, tomorrow. I’ll keep everyone updated on the outcome. Please continue to post your own experiences so we can help everyone find a resolution to this issue.
Please do. You have been very thorough documenting the issue and would like to know what you find that fixes it.

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
Hi y’all, I’m still waiting to hear something from Autonation on Arapahoe or from Jeep cares. I work like crazy so I totally forgot about this all week.

Called @ 4:10 and was told the service guy would call me back in a few minutes. That was an hour ago so I’m going to step away for the evening before I lose my “Jesus”. More to follow

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
Latest updates:
  1. Friday, 9/25, @5:21, PM, MST: Received text message, from Alan. "…Phil, sorry I've been stuck on a warrantee phone call sorry I havent been able to call you back. Just wanted to let you know my technician has had it in his bay has not found out what is causing it, has a star case on it to work with FCA. We also have a flight recorder on another wrangler that is out in moab right now that is doing the same thing as your trying to see if we can pick something up from his that can cause these issues - Alan…"
  2. Monday, 9/28, 3:54, MST: Spoke to Jeep Cares and Dee told me that she was calling to get an update (from me) because she was not able to get in touch with the service advisor or service manager at Autonation (Jeep), on E Arapahoe Road. Told her about my call, on Friday, 9/25, and I read the text I had received. I was informed that Dee did not see a star case in the system and that she would be escalating my case, on my behalf, because nothing had been done by the dealership (Dee rocks).
Sponsored