Sponsored

Low Oil in 2.0L with 39k miles???

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2.0L 4cyl Turbo

I randomly checked my oil level this weekend and noticed it was 1 quart low, it was also quite dark/black.
Current mileage, 39,100
Oil changed last at 35,100 miles (I put in exactly 5 quarts of 5w30 full synthetic)

Has anyone else noticed oil burning/leaking out of the 2.0L? There are never any oil spots under the Jeep and it's always parked in the same spot, so I can only assume it's burning it...
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Not in the jeep...but my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek uses oil like it was gas! Not quite that bad but a couple quarts between 5k changes.

Does it smell like oil burning at all? I am not that familiar with turbos so not sure if you can pull plugs and see if any issues??

Keep us updated if you learn something...29k on my 2020.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not in the jeep...but my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek uses oil like it was gas! Not quite that bad but a couple quarts between 5k changes.

Does it smell like oil burning at all? I am not that familiar with turbos so not sure if you can pull plugs and see if any issues??

I haven't noticed a burning smell, but wasn't really looking for it, I'll definitely be looking/smelling going forward.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2.0L 4cyl Turbo

I randomly checked my oil level this weekend and noticed it was 1 quart low, it was also quite dark/black.
Current mileage, 39,100
Oil changed last at 35,100 miles (I put in exactly 5 quarts of 5w30 full synthetic)

Has anyone else noticed oil burning/leaking out of the 2.0L? There are never any oil spots under the Jeep and it's always parked in the same spot, so I can only assume it's burning it...
Does your oil meet FCA’s MS spec?

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
Synthetic doesn’t smell like Dino oil when it burns.

Reactions: OBD

Sponsored

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Does your oil meet FCA’s MS spec?
Needs 5w-30 api grade SN Plus (very important).

I’m coming up on an oil change soon, about 600 miles left. Was a smidge below max but oil still had a slight goldish shine too it so i assume it’s still lubricating good and not burnt. But check what type of oil you put in, it’s very important, i had a dealer put wrong type of oil in my 2.0 and it turned black after like 1200 miles and i swapped it immediately.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m using the same oil I’ve used in all my 2.0L Jeep’s, Mobil 1 full synthetic extended performance.

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I’m using the same oil I’ve used in all my 2.0L Jeep’s, Mobil 1 full synthetic extended performance.
That oil is api sn plus rated so it shouldn’t be an oil problem, unless you got something else inside the jug like some other unlucky fella here. If i were you I’d go do an oil and filter change again just to be sure.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That oil is api sn plus rated so it shouldn’t be an oil problem, unless you got something else inside the jug like some other unlucky fella here. If i were you I’d go do an oil and filter change again just to be sure.
I changed it as soon as I checked it and saw that it was low and nasty looking. Just wondering where the quart went that was missing.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

My dad had a Chevy Chevette when I was a kid, he'd pull up the the full service pump and say "Fill up the oil and check the gas"... LOL
Sponsored