Low back bucket seats... what's that?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just noticed on the order sheet for my new Nacho JLU that it says "Cloth Low Back Bucket Seats" is this somehow different from the standard regular seats that come on a sport S. It also says "VVT eTorque Engine Upg" is this stuff somehow a deviation from the middle of the road Sport-S package.
Sponsored

Tbensor

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500
Just noticed on the order sheet for my new Nacho JLU that it says "Cloth Low Back Bucket Seats" is this somehow different from the standard regular seats that come on a sport S. It also says "VVT eTorque Engine Upg" is this stuff somehow a deviation from the middle of the road Sport-S package.
I can't help but I don't see Nacho as an option on the Jeep web site. How do you get that color?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
Should just be the standard seat. I've always known seats that end around the shoulders or lower as low back (headrest is optional) while high back bucket seats were the one-piece seats that have a built-in headrest.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
It's the standard seat.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I can't help but I don't see Nacho as an option on the Jeep web site. How do you get that color?
You also can't see Chief Blue on the Jeep site, and I ordered my wife's a month ago. The ordering guide is the most current, way better than the Jeep site. Second only to the application the dealer uses to order and create the POC.

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
So with cloth you get the “low back bucket seat”, with the leather or leather trimmed seats you get the “sport bolster bucket seats”.
Is the actual shape between the low back and the sport bolster somehow different?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It's just the standard cloth seats. Nothing low about them. The seat back comes to about neck high, not counting the headrest. I guess it is opposed to hugh back seats that have no adjustable headrest and are much higher. There aren't any seats like that offered for a Wrangler, so I see no reason why they are called "low back".

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
Thanks. I’m 6’4” so need the tallest seat I can get.
So if I understand correctly the low back and the sport bolster are the same height. Now what differentiates the sport bolsters? Are the seats “cupped” so that you don’t slide around, and the low backs don’t have these wings???
Really wish someone could post pics comparing the two. The build page doesn’t let you see differences.
Sponsored