Loving traveling in my JLU and utilizing truck stops for overnight stays

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know/can't cite you the case law but it's a pretty well recognized extension of the Castle doctrine, which is held in all 50 states in the form of actual Castle doctrine laws or Stand Your Ground Laws...

Summary here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

More here: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/castle-doctrine-states
Just make sure you know the specifics of the laws in the state you're in and any states you plan to go to. They all vary. In some, you're domicile extends to your car and even your workplace while in others it is only your actual house. From there they vary again in what you're allowed to do based on what the intruder is doing. In some, you're able to assume they intend you harm just by their unlawful presence while in others you'll be required to show that they were being actively violent towards you.

Just know the specifics of the laws of the state you're in and any states you intend to be in. Actually look them up, don't take the word of anyone on what the laws are. Ask LEO's of the areas if you're unsure of where to look. Sheriff's can be a great resource. Just make sure you read the laws and understand them.
Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
...Just know the specifics of the laws of the state you're in and any states you intend to be in. Actually look them up, don't take the word of anyone on what the laws are.
Always sound advice....

"You're in a heap o' trouble boy! Why did you kill 'im?"

"A cat wearing a WWII flight helmet on the internet said it was cool. Was that wrong?"

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Always sound advice....

"You're in a heap o' trouble boy! Why did you kill 'im?"

"A cat wearing a WWII flight helmet on the internet said it was cool. Was that wrong?"
Lmao, that cat is definitely a legit source of legal advice. Totally irrefutable in a court of law.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Wow interesting thread. I would tend to look for an off-road dispersed. Camping area as I think there are a lot of people with bad intentions

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I just look fir BLM / NFS land. Here in the west it’s all over.
Sponsored